Greetings from South Africa

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Kobold, May 13, 2009.

1. Kobold

Kobold New Member

University student
    Hey there all. I'm a 21 year old guy, I play for my university's team. I've been playing for 6 years now and I dedicate a lot of time to it, at least 2 hours 4 times a week (excluding training on the side).

Dunno why I haven't bothered looking up a forum for this epic... didn't think it would be too popular but I'm impressed to see so much dedicated to this. I'll be a regular soon!

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hi Kobold,
    welcome to BC ................. :)

great to hear that you are dedicated to badminton. we seldom see any member from South Africa. how popular is badminton at your place?

err.... for the last sentence from you, badminton not popular enough for a forum discussion? then, you must thank the guy which is badminton fanatic that create this BC. :p:D

lastly, please do browse this 'online badminton encyclopedia' and do share your thoughts. ;)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, Kobold!:)..Hey, do you know South Africa is competing at this yr's Sudirman Cup tourney (a mixed team championships). They're not in the main group, but you could go to the Tournaments sub-forum and check out the 2009 Sudirman Cup section.
    Btw, whereabout in South Africa are you from? Johannesburg or Capetown or somewhere else? And if you're a fan of footie/soccer/football, you can hover on over to the Chit-Chat section. Next yr, you guys will be the host of the 2010 World Cup..;)
    Anyway, if you have a chance, please share any kind of news, stories, pics of baddy life in your region; we'd love to hear them.
    Keep coming back and enjoy surfing in here!;):cool:

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi kobold, welcome to the forum and have fun here:p

5. Kobold

Kobold New Member

University student
    Its popular in the Western Cape because that part of SA has the most English people and its pretty much an English game. I'm in the Afrikaans (descendants of Dutch immigrants) part of the country and they are much more into rugby and hockey. Still I've seen some beautiful courts in this country. Its not like its an uncommon sport, put it that way.

6. Kobold

Kobold New Member

University student
    I'm in Stellenbosch which is about 30 minutes from Cape Town. Its a relatively large town but not a city. Its popular for tourists and students because of the university (I'm one!)