User Tag List

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Men's Doubles or (Wo)Men's Doubles?

Here's an interesting article from The Oxford Times of 9 April 2009

Colts & Co., an Oxford-based club fielded a woman on their men's doubles team. This 'mixed' MD team went on to thrash their opponents. And, surely enough, the losers are complaining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.O
    a woman playing as a man? dat reminds me of the manga Ouran High School Host club

Important rule in XD: Dont underestimate the girl as she has the possibility of beating u BADLY!!
    n now dey r complaining cuz lost to a girl =.=

From my point of view, since Colts&Co had onli one man available and dey could not find another available man, dey had to bring in the next available player who was the girl to prevent a match default.
    i think both clubs should agree to the game of MDvsXD b4 its played to avoid complaints

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7SamuraiX View Post
    From my point of view, since Colts&Co had onli one man available and dey could not find another available man, dey had to bring in the next available player who was the girl to prevent a match default.
    i think both clubs should agree to the game of MDvsXD b4 its played to avoid complaints
    If I was the chairperson or whoever is making the decision regarding this case, my decision would be as follows:

If there is nothing in the rules against a girl playing in Men's Doubles, then it stands to reason that it is allowed.

Since the match was played, it stands to reason that the other team had no objections. If the other team had won, would they have complained? They only complained after the fact that they had lost.

My ruling would be that there was no foul play and that the results stay the same. However, there needs to be amending to the rules, clarifying that Men's Doubles are just for Men so that this situation will not happen again. This also goes for Women's Doubles being played by only Women.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, since the game was played, both teams should have agreed to the match beforehand..
    just a case of bad losers who cant accept their loss (especially to a girl)

well, i guess we could expect some rule changes regarding men's and women's doubles 's participants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In our club, there's this mixed doubles pair who usually plays against men's doubles. Well, they're not bad. Sometimes they win, sometimes they don't. But they make sure that they put up a good fight.

Usually, I had to come up with a different strategy when playing with them, as I'd rather force the girl to go to the rear court. They can be challenging to play with as you'd think more rather than rely solely on power.

But during tournaments, I'd rather they play in their category. Not because I'm afraid to lose, but it's just that they're style is different.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with others, as if there's no objection prior to the game, then the result should stand.

Due to lack of participation, I did saw a few times that junior players have to join the regular flight, or ladies need to participate in men's events, if they choose to stay in the tournament, instead of being left behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen anything like that in competitive play.

As said by others above, IMO the result should stand and good on the XD pair for winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellopanda3 View Post
    If there is nothing in the rules against a girl playing in Men's Doubles, then it stands to reason that it is allowed.
    The rules against it is implicit in the title of the competition. Its like how theres no rules against taking a speedboat to a swimming contest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the BWF rule regarding XDvsMD in lieu of MDvsMD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, this is purely a loser's complain.
    A sored loser has always been able to find excuses here and there but this one seems a little bit absurd.
    My cheap advice: train harder next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds really dodgy that in a badminton club they couldn't find any man to fill that one place.
    If they can't make a male team then they should forfeit or let the juniors have a game.