Point of Law

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by iain1953, May 15, 2009.

1. iain1953

iain1953 Regular Member

Hi People

Need some guidance on a point of law, as the following situation happened in a recent tournament.

During a rally, the opposing side hits a shot at his apponent, this is in a doubles match BTW, the apponent then turns away as he is about to be hit by the shuttle, either in the face or body, the raquet is in the way of the shuttle, the opponent is not looking or may have their eyes closed, the shuttle then hits the raquet and is returned over the net, winning the point.

Love to hear your thoughts and is it covered in the rules? I'll tell you what was called by the opposition, should i get any replies.

:eek:)

2. Nuetronist

Nuetronist Regular Member

I would say that would be a point for the return. Nothing illegal occurred, it was just a normal return...albeit it was accidental

3. chichee

chichee Regular Member

Teacher
    Agree! Nothing strange about that!

Though I would suspect that from your post, the opposition called foul play?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the opponent can be on a tiptoe, then do a 180 flip followed by a somersaut and then hits the shuttle with the racket between its leg.

as long as it is hit with the racket, it doesn't matter.