Mizuno Mystic Power 300

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Cheung, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I have just seen this racquet yesterday. Expensive!! @HKD1400. Probably because of being specially imported from Japan.

The head is a bit heavier than than Mystic Power 100 so it's probably going to make a difference when smashing.

The head is like a isometric design. Unfortunately, i didn't get the chance to hit a shuttle with it.

Ricky can give more info on its use.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    This racquet just arrived HK yesterday (Luxis imported them from Japan thru express mail), and I got mine today. Fortunately I think I was the 1st people in HK who hit with this racquet (I took the just strung one from Luxis's boss and played it for around 10 minutes). -:)

Let's back to the Mystic Power 300, here is the information about the racquet :

- Exactly the same shape as Mystic Power 100
    - Long
    - Isometric head shape
    - 3UG4 or 3UG5 (the one I've tried and mine are 3UG5)
    - Mizuno Hyper String System, i.e. the inner frame is concave

Besides colours, the only difference on 100 and 300 is on the shaft. On 300, it is marked as "Active Kick" - I really have no idea about what is it, but it is the 1st time Mizuno uses this term in badminton racquet.

The one I've tried was strung with BG80 at 30 lbs (mine was strung with BG85 at ~28 lbs). Surprisingly, I can play with 30 lbs string without any problem (I really don't know whether it is due to the design of the racquet or not, the point is - I don't
    feel too tight even at 30 lbs, this is something I haven't imagined before).

While both the 100 and 300 are 3U racquets, Mystic Power 300 was felt heavier when put it on hand, perhaps it is due to heavier racquet head as Cheung said. The difference is appearable, even though not substantial, i.e. anyone should feel the difference. The racquet is equally flexible as Mystic Power 100, which is a something even more flexible than Yonex Ti Swing Power SA (and this is one of the reason why Mystic Power is so lovely to a lot of defenders).

The most concerning question for me (and probably for most of the people who have Mystic Power 100 as well) is whether the racquet can generate more power and give more powerful smash, and the answer is : "Yes". Honest speaking, Mystic Power 100 is a very powerful racquet for me as well, I can smash with it as hard as using Yonex MP-100 (but with less effort). However, some people do complain that the light weight of Mystic Power 100 cannot give ultimate power in smash (but no people object that it is a perfect racquet for defense so far). I've swapped between Mystic Power 100 and 300 last night and tried to smash hard with both of them, and I can say the Mystic Power 300 is definitely more powerful. However I think the comparison is not totally fair, as both racquets was strung with different strings (and at different tension too), but it seems logical for a heavier racquet to generate more power. And more important point is : both Mystic Power racquets can smash hard very easily, especially in compare with those Yonex offensive racquets.

Will try to play with it tomorrow and give more comments.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Your right that is expensive. Its about 280 Singapore. and i think about 196 US. Expensive. Give it some months and it'll be down to about 150

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    The reason why it is expensive is because the dealer here doesn't import it (as far as I know, it seems that the racquet is only sold in Japan). In fact, the Mystic Power 100 has been released for a year and still costs ~HK$1200 at this moment. The cheapest way to buy this racquet is to goto Japan and buy it at retail store there (the list price is 16,000 yen, which is still over HK$1000, however there should have some discount in most cases).

Alternatively if you can find some shop(s) in Japan which can accept mail order, then you can ask them to mail the racquet to you. However if you ask them to ship via express mail, the total cost will definitely beyond HK$1400.

p.s. Cheung, actually I get it cheaper than HK$1400 as Ng has given me some discount.

5. MYSRH

MYSRH Guest

Can you describe it about the weight and its durability. What's the shaft and the head are made of?

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    (1) Both Mystic Power 100 and 300 have only 3U version. According to manufacturer's specification, they should weight 85 to 90g. However I found that the Mystic Power 300 is heavier than the 100. In compare with the lightest Yonex racquet I've (which is Isometric Ti Swing Power SA, according to manufacturer, it only weights 81g), I really don't find the Mystic Power 100 heavier than the Ti-SP-SA.

(2) Both the 100 and 300 have "very" flexible shaft, and relatively thin, i.e. not like those thick shaft racquets such as Yonex MP-100.

(3) Head shape for both racquets are isometric like - http://www.shuttle-house.com/MAIL-ORDER/Racket/MIZUNO-racket/MIZUNO-RA-02027.JPG

(4) Durability - I've no idea about this so far. Honest speaking, these racquets look fragile. On the other hand, something I can sure is the painting on the frame is not durable - as some painting of my racquets have been dropped after having a single clash with my partner's racquet in double games.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i can't able to match the weight quoted by yonex on their iso 900/swing power racquet. I think yonex might excluded the grip on those quoted weights.