User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW is gradually improving to match Lin Dan. However Lin Dan is also improving himself even he is the best so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of them are improving. LD is so so fast now on court. His has always been fast but his way faster now especially during Olympics. LCW in my point of view has improved alot on his attacking. Attacking more compare to before.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vching View Post
    I am not a Chong Wei fan, but I think whitewashed is a tad too strong of a word to use.

If you actually look at the match, they were almost equally matched for the most part, it was just that Lin Dan (ohmygawd, look at those arms!) managed to step it up at crucial stages.
    It's a "reply" to the 'whitewash' thread Xball started when LD lost to LCW in Swiss SS finals.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Today Lin Dan played well. LCW lost touch. Maybe Misbun is not there.
    Maybe also, Misbun not there to tell LCW what new tactics to use

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Of course he can win over lin Dan, like what happened in Swiss, but it is unlikely to happen again if he couldn't handle criticisms and come back stronger. And he need to remember that 27 millions people stand still, behind him.
    Make that only 30%(max) of the 27 mil, the other 70% will be saying, "cannot one lah", seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MS will be a bit boring if either one of Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei did not play each other in the same era. Can you imagine if Lin Dan did not had LCW as his nemesis or LCW standing alone without LD?

Hope we can see more of their meeting in the future where they will play the best that they can to entertain us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No more whitewash please..

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    what is that non-sense about white wash, if you are going to win in a best of 3 match, it will be either 2-0 or 2-1. what is the big deal? a proper white wash will be 21-0, 21-0 that i cant see it happen for the NSS.
    Totally agree with you. Can you guys stop using whitewash? To me if u wanna called it whitewash then wait till you see the scoreline 21 vs < 5 then thats a whitewash! Well, having said that, I still have to admit that LCW is still second to LD both psychologically and technically.LCW is just lacking that "little bit" which I think we all and even LCW don't know what is that "little bit" that is missing. I am sure many Msian like me are very frustrated but what to do? We have to admit that LD is born with talent and LCW is through hardwork.That's what Misbun has said before. Sigh....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To be continued..

...in the World Championships in India in August, as LinDan most likely will not compete in the upcoming S'pore and Indonesia Open Super Series..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ckloo View Post
    Totally agree with you. Can you guys stop using whitewash? To me if u wanna called it whitewash then wait till you see the scoreline 21 vs < 5 then thats a whitewash! Well, having said that, I still have to admit that LCW is still second to LD both psychologically and technically.LCW is just lacking that "little bit" which I think we all and even LCW don't know what is that "little bit" that is missing. I am sure many Msian like me are very frustrated but what to do? We have to admit that LD is born with talent and LCW is through hardwork.That's what Misbun has said before. Sigh....

To those who didn't complain about the word "whitewash" when X Ball started the LCW whitewashed LD thread back in the Swiss open 2009 http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=67571 but complain here instead, feel free to refer to this... http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...1&d=1242492087

To those who had already complained about the word "whitewash" before in this thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=67571 then you have all the rights to complained here all you want.
    Last edited by bananakid; 05-17-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post
    The MS will be a bit boring if either one of Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei did not play each other in the same era. Can you imagine if Lin Dan did not had LCW as his nemesis or LCW standing alone without LD?

Hope we can see more of their meeting in the future where they will play the best that they can to entertain us.
    100% agree

anyway,guys,please give someone time and space to celebrate
    no harm
    dont complain.

looking forward for lcw vs lindan in wc final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know about you guys but I think MS won't be boring even without LD and LCW. Haven't you watched the semi-final between PSH and SDK. It was great right?

PSH improved a lot especially his defense. He was doing great but lost to SDK.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbchiong View Post
    Don't know about you guys but I think MS won't be boring even without LD and LCW. Haven't you watched the semi-final between PSH and SDK. It was great right?

PSH improved a lot especially his defense. He was doing great but lost to SDK.
    i don't think any match will be boring as long as people care about it.

even a match between two local players can be exciting if enough people care about who wins. that's kinda the attractiveness of watching a match live.

however, very few people would want to go back and watch a match between two local players. there are nothing really technical and beauty in such games to justify watching it again.

but some players, their technique and play really stands out, esp when against some certain player who can bring out their very best. LD vs. LCW in recent years has been like that. they aren't neccessarily playing the most smashy game, but just that the speed and variations, placement and deceptions, pace and anticipation are above any other players. even LD vs. PSH or PSH vs. SDK didn't have that attractiveness to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ibut some players, their technique and play really stands out, esp when against some certain player who can bring out their very best. LD vs. LCW in recent years has been like that. they aren't neccessarily playing the most smashy game, but just that the speed and variations, placement and deceptions, pace and anticipation are above any other players. even LD vs. PSH or PSH vs. SDK didn't have that attractiveness to it.
    Your line above said it best as I have said I would pay to watch them play as they brought forth the beauty of baddy...what people should understand that when these 2 fellas are gone, that's it. Take both of them out of the game, it is like a dish missing 2 key ingredients.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, technically LCW is as good as if not better than LD. it is just his playing style doesn't has that killing instinct that LD has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    what is that non-sense about white wash, if you are going to win in a best of 3 match, it will be either 2-0 or 2-1. what is the big deal? a proper white wash will be 21-0, 21-0 that i cant see it happen for the NSS.
    even you go up there and play, no one WILL do that to you, that's will be too humiliate.

So in you opinion, this word "whitewash" should not be exist at all, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...6&postcount=37

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people can use 'whitewash' or whatever words they like but for others to agree with is another matter. i did started another tread tried to stir thing up a bit suggested CHN whitewashed the rest of the world by 21 matches to zero in this SC. unfortunately I failed as everyone seems to agree or worldnt be bother, damn!
    Last edited by AlanY; 05-18-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast