11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,i think simon is better than lcw now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know why people are taking swipes at LCW saying hes mentally weak and fails on the big stage..... #1 Its Lin Dan. His playing style is aggressive attacking at a very high pace. When he feels under pressure or wants to extend his lead he will inject even more pace into the match.
    #2 Lee Chong Wei plays the total opposite. He is very steady and patient. very defensive and relys more or less on mistakes from the opposition to gain himself points.

The 2 different styles clash and attacking speed is almost always going to beat a slower steady defensive game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    The 2 different styles clash and attacking speed is almost always going to beat a slower steady defensive game.
    you obviously never watched the great Han Jian played. he and LCW have a similar style that based on very good footwork, great defense to grind the opponents down. their playing styles are great to watch and not always ended as losers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    you obviously never watched the great Han Jian played. he and LCW have a similar style that based on very good footwork, great defense to grind the opponents down. their playing styles are great to watch and not always ended as losers!
    if han jian try playing in the NSS, he wouldn't be winning as much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everybody without bias can see clearly that lcw is no where near lin dan.but if compare badminton players he is the closest. for example,
    no.1 lin dan

no.20 lee chong wei
    no. 21 taufik hidayat

when lin dan wanna win, nobody can stop him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haiz... great players come and go.. So, just enjoy it while you can. There's always a better one in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Since Lin Dan defeated LCW in this year's Sudirman cup match in the exact same scoreline as the match he lost to LCW in this year's Swiss open, this thread is a MUST...
    Well said, hehe

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    if han jian try playing in the NSS, he wouldn't be winning as much
    well, i'm stay well clear of the now against the past legends. thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pralinescream View Post
    everybody without bias can see clearly that lcw is no where near lin dan.but if compare badminton players he is the closest. for example,
    no.1 lin dan

no.20 lee chong wei
    no. 21 taufik hidayat

when lin dan wanna win, nobody can stop him.
    Agree with you. The bigger the game the better LD plays, LD's intensity/focus/concentration increases when all the marble are on the line and that is evident given the majors he won. History one day (in my opinion) would rank LD as the best 1-2 players CHN has ever produced, one more OLY gold (I definietly think LD could win OLY12) would definitely put LD over the top. I would rank ZJH as the other 1-2, and that is bias opinion cos ZJH is my favorite player, I just like the guy. It is quite unfortunate LCW to play in the era of a TH and LD, LCW in my opinion is one very good and exciting player that MAS produced, simply that he is eclipsed by TH and LD, and that is not a bad thing given that TH and LD are legends in their own country. Enjoy these 3 players while they are still kicking around, there will be a void when they depart the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Tonight LD was more patient and persistent at the net, and LCW was missing some of his accuracy at both the net and the sideline.

At the times when LD lost his patience momentarily (during 2nd game just before interval), LCW came back but it seemed like LCW was only happy to draw level but not to regain the initiative. Some shot decisions when he was holding the advantage during the rally was off the mark and allowed LD to recover.
    Good analysis.

LD was playing well and LCW was a bit flustered (may the loud home crowd was a factor).

I say LD would have to be concerned with LCW in the World Championship in Hyderabad - it will not be home ground anymore.

I expect another reversal by LCW - just as he did in the SWISS Open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me it's simple. LD was faster than LCW on that day. That's why he was patient etc etc throughout the match. On the contrary, LD was slower than LCW in Swiss final, and we all saw his frustration.

On the other hand, I think in AE final the two were similar in term of speed, but LD's confidence and maturity played an important role at crucial moments.

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Good analysis.

LD was playing well and LCW was a bit flustered (may the loud home crowd was a factor).

I say LD would have to be concerned with LCW in the World Championship in Hyderabad - it will not be home ground anymore.

I expect another reversal by LCW - just as he did in the SWISS Open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    To me it's simple. LD was faster than LCW on that day. That's why he was patient etc etc throughout the match. On the contrary, LD was slower than LCW in Swiss final, and we all saw his frustration.

On the other hand, I think in AE final the two were similar in term of speed, but LD's confidence and maturity played an important role at crucial moments.
    Look, LD is just awesome when he gets going. I thought his sleeveless shirt showing off the new beefy muscles is fantastic. He is definitely charisma plus. All the chinese gals must be all shooked up.

LCW lost the moment he stepped out to court, intimidated somewhat I am sure. The guy has to develop his own charisma, being the humble guy is no longer the way to show confidence. I feel in many ways his humble approach is not good for him -- it does not strike fear in your opponents. If I were him, I would don myself with spikes to courtside to match LD. Now that would give me lots of confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Look, LD is just awesome when he gets going. I thought his sleeveless shirt showing off the new beefy muscles is fantastic. He is definitely charisma plus. All the chinese gals must be all shooked up.

LCW lost the moment he stepped out to court, intimidated somewhat I am sure. The guy has to develop his own charisma, being the humble guy is no longer the way to show confidence. I feel in many ways his humble approach is not good for him -- it does not strike fear in your opponents. If I were him, I would don myself with spikes to courtside to match LD. Now that would give me lots of confidence.
    but would risk lcw losing his post as the UNICEF goodwill ambassador. U can't have it both ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD is not as super as he is.....he is good only when playing in China and countries with non-tropical climate...

Once he has to play in tropical countries like Southeast Asia [Ina, malaysia, Singapore, Thailand], he tends to withdraw from competing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    LD is not as super as he is.....he is good only when playing in China and countries with non-tropical climate...

Once he has to play in tropical countries like Southeast Asia [Ina, malaysia, Singapore, Thailand], he tends to withdraw from competing...
    Let me refresh your memory:

First of all, the thread title is Lin Dan whitewashed LCW, and whether Lin Dan plays or withdraws from competing in any part of the world has nothing to do with Lin Dan thrashing LCW once again.

Second, Lin Dan won 2007 World championship that was held in Malaysia, Thailand open 2008, and he won all his matches in Thomas cup 2004 which was held in Indonesia.

After all that time of hibernation, may be you should do some research before you come back and try to discredit Lin Dan to put over your hero Taufik.
    Last edited by bananakid; 05-21-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post

First of all, the thread title is Lin Dan whitewashed LCW, and whether Lin Dan plays or withdraws from competing in any part of the world has nothing to do with Lin Dan thrashing LCW once again.

Second, Lin Dan won 2007 World championship that was held in Malaysia, Thailand open 2008, and he won all his matches in Thomas cup 2004 which was held in Indonesia.

After all that time of hibernation, may be you should do some research before you come back and try to discredit Lin Dan to put over your hero Taufik.
    It all happened when TH was injured...LD won his elite titles in the absence of TH [injury], due to assistance of his Chinese fellows, and playing in China-friendly environment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    It all happened when TH was injured...LD won his elite titles in the absence of TH [injury], due to assistance of his Chinese fellows, and playing in China-friendly environment

dude... are you drunk? Do you know how this post contradict with your previous post? Please don't DRINK and TYPE.

No... let's put it this way... do you even know what you are talking about?
    Since when has Malaysia(WC07), Indonesia(TC04), and Thailand(open 08) all of a sudden becomes a "China-friendly" environment now, when you just said Lin Dan hates to play in those places in your previous post?

I just realized that Taufik was injured(may be mentally injured after all his losses) or absent from OG 08 as well
    Last edited by bananakid; 05-21-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast