User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    oh then if in this case its just LCW, then what about lin dan and all other top players?
    Haha, swine flu lah george. The ministry of health advised better not to go. Msia swimming team didnt go for a tourney in US.

Plus, US & Canada tourney not SS or GP Gold, the seniors are not sent for GP level tourneys, less points mah. If go also it's the juniors/independents to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    yes,abedeng's observations' spot on!
    I wouldn't worry about LCW's handling of the CHN crowd. He's getting there.
    Based on LD's body language, LCW would be better off with a different strategy.

Yup agree that he should adopt a new strategy. He should take a page from LD and 'express' himself better : LD is showing off his muscles, very obvious.

LCW could show off his midriff - his six-packs must be awesome. We need to be entertained as fans ! I am sure WMC would not mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    IMO, LD is not as super as you have thought..As long as he has not won a title in Indonesia. LCW won once...so LCW in my opinion is A LOT stronger mentally and physically than LD...Playing in Jakarta is totally different from playing elsewhere. Jakarta is the "most extreme" ground of BWF SS.

TH and LCW have no worry at all to play in China and other places where most Chinese players feel at home or comfortable.

If the decision is up to LYB, it is because LYB knows that LD will not be able to handle the "extreme condition" in Ina SS.
    In football, Brazil is one of the best teams in the world. They have won numerous World Cups. But can we say that Brazil is still not great simply because they have not won the WC in tough venues like Istanbul?

I mean though I like LCW a lot, I must say he is nowhere when it comes to head to head with LD nor titles won. LD have basically won all the big titles in badminton. And mind you, the last WC was held in KL, and LD won it.

To say that LD is not great simply because he has not won anything in Indonesia is weak. And I m sorry Jakarta is not the most extreme ground for badminton. Infact, Jakarta is just another venue like the others. The Thomas Cup was held there in 2004 & 2008, and China were the winners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh then if in this case its just LCW, then what about lin dan and all other top players?
    but georgie boy, we did not start going around saying ' LD afraid of playing in SG, MAL and INA'. We were only mocking bolenian's excuses.
    Last edited by cooler; 05-25-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, LD is not as super as you have thought..As long as he has not won a title in Indonesia. LCW won once...so LCW in my opinion is A LOT stronger mentally and physically than LD...Playing in Jakarta is totally different from playing elsewhere. Jakarta is the "most extreme" ground of BWF SS.

TH and LCW have no worry at all to play in China and other places where most Chinese players feel at home or comfortable.

If the decision is up to LYB, it is because LYB knows that LD will not be able to handle the "extreme condition" in Ina SS.
    It all happened when TH was injured...LD won his elite titles in the absence of TH [injury], due to assistance of his Chinese fellows, and playing in China-friendly environment

what's the point of whitewashing TH or LCW in their home ground? New excuses for LCW and TH would surely follow after that. Aren't LD's current winning record said enough about who will white washing who?
    Last edited by cooler; 05-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    yes,abedeng's observations' spot on!
    I wouldn't worry about LCW's handling of the CHN crowd. He's getting there.
    Based on LD's body language, LCW would be better off with a different strategy.
    yup, it seem that when lcw lost, he used the wrong strategy. Question is, why lcw is holding back his good strategies? He should use them, as least on LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    yup, it seem that when lcw lost, he used the wrong strategy. Question is, why lcw is holding back his good strategies? He should use them, as least on LD.
    These 2 players know each other games inside out so strategy is not the key to their success rather execution is the one. If both players perform to their true potential then Lin Dan has a upper hand with his size and power. Now we know why Chinese always pick the players with good height, it doesn have advantage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    These 2 players know each other games inside out so strategy is not the key to their success rather execution is the one. If both players perform to their true potential then Lin Dan has a upper hand with his size and power. Now we know why Chinese always pick the players with good height, it doesn have advantage!
    knowing how your opponents play is one thing while having the effective arsenals to beat them is a total different matter. LD can alway keep his pace 1 step ahead of his best opponent (TH,LCW, PG). Actually, i believe LD prefer a faster pace opponent as long rallies seem to bring the best out of him. If u watch the 09 SC MS final, LCW did at one point (2nd set?) upped his pace and LD happily upped his too. LCW later slipped back to regular mode after 2-3 rallies. Why? because it wasn't effective again LD.

When LCW play against joarchim P., simon santoso, kenneth J, etc, LCW showed high confidence against them... because he know he can beat them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When LCW play against joarchim P., simon santoso, kenneth J, etc, LCW showed high confidence against them... because he know he can beat them.
    But if LCW doesn't have the same 'high confidence' when he play against Lin DAn, the game will be as dull as ever. What's the better choice?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    But if LCW doesn't have the same 'high confidence' when he play against Lin DAn, the game will be as dull as ever. What's the better choice?
    Even tho it might not be the best strategy, but as a spectator, I would rather to watch a fast & furious all out attacking game from LCW like the Hong Kong Open 06 final. (during the Li Mao days...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    only dull for bolenians Realistically speaking, it's good to have lcw(and TH,PG,PSG,LHI) around, it is them that help molded LD into what he's today.
    Last edited by cooler; 05-25-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, LCW is much stronger than LD. When LD vs LCW..it is actually LCW vs LD + Chen Jin, or LCW vs LD + Bao, or LCW vs LD + CJ + Bao...

LD's titles are not purely his, they are China Team's.

....Please come to Jakarta. I doubt if LD wants and dares to face LCW or TH in Jakarta...He won't come...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh but why did lcw lose to chen jin in all england 2008
    then chen jin beat lin dan in finals

Chen jin FTW

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Lin Dan has a upper hand with his size, power and speed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but georgie boy, we did not start going around saying ' LD afraid of playing in SG, MAL and INA'. We were only mocking bolenian's excuses.
    'mocking' is the word huh?
    Actually im always wanting Lin dan to come over to Mas, SG, INA to participate in the tournament here. I would like to see how he fare in those tournaments in that above 3 countries

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'mocking' is the word huh?
    Actually im always wanting Lin dan to come over to Mas, SG, INA to participate in the tournament here. I would like to see how he fare in those tournaments in that above 3 countries
    if i'm LD and i know that i'm the best. i'll decide when and where to play, if anyone wanted to win or even play against me, you know where to find me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    if i'm LD and i know that i'm the best. i'll decide when and where to play, if anyone wanted to win or even play against me, you know where to find me.
    But the fan and the spectators would want to know how will the best player, LD, fare in their country's tournament

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast