Best Tension for BG70 PRO???

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mokmatthew, May 16, 2009.

1. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

I am intending to string my NS9kS and X and Arc 10 with 70 pro for its excellent durability and ability in holding tension... but I am wondering what tension will be the best...
    I normally string with BG80 at 24lbs and it feels good, so what will be the best for 70pro?
    I have seen the yonex website that the repulsion of 70pro is less than 80. Then will 23lbs be the best one? Thanks for your help!:p

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Always pick the higher tension for BG70 pro, otherwise it feels dead. However, you'll find the string to be very stiff though, try 25lbs at least.

3. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

Thanks for your help!! But isn't the string become less elastic and stiffer when the tension becomes higher???? Then will 25lbs too difficult to drive?

4. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    I string my NS9000S with BG70s @ 26lbs. I like it like that, but it's your preference. Try it out at 26 and if you continue to play with it, it'll drop approximately 7% of it's tension every two weeks depend on how often and how hard you play. It'll be like a guessimate. But that's close enough, unless you can restring the racket on your own.

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

really? Are you using BG 70 pro?
    I find BG 70 Pro doesn't drop that noticeably until about a month out. after that, its just tiny hints, until i cut it, because i cant pop it. i usually keep it for 10 months. :eek:

6. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Yeap, BG70 Pro. They're real! Certified Yonex dealer and the last two times I've strung my NS9900, it popped at the 2 week mark and the second time was 5 weeks.