User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default String for team China Sudirman Cup 2009

What string and tension was team China using with their new racquets !?

Any idea anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have mis-heard, what I heard on CCTV during live coverage was 36-39lbs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what type of string they are using?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably yonex with li Ning logo painted.

BTW Lin Dan still using his trusty old AT700? Looks like it from my blurred broadcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    Probably yonex with li Ning logo painted.

BTW Lin Dan still using his trusty old AT700? Looks like it from my blurred broadcast
    The Chinese National Badminton Team has signed Li-Ning as official sponsor.

The team outfit was redesigned, and by Li Ning, and almost all the sponsorship signboard in the GZ stadium were taken by Li Ning.

Between games on CCTV channel there was also lots of sponsored adverts. Most being Li-Ning marketing its new racket and claiming the new design and extra power it delivers.

It just all seems to me that Li Ning paid huge money in inventing, producing and marketing their new line of rackets.

With that in mind, I strongly doubt if Lin Dan will be using Yonnex racket since Li Ning is officially known as the sponsor of the entire China team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan is not using his AT700...the Li Ning racket he's using happens to have almost the same colour pattern...i tried it a bit at the outside games of the stadium...it's really light and stiff...but some of them seem to follow some sort of colour pattern seen on yonex rackets...like Chen Jin's fire one...looks like ARC10...XXF's is pink...kinda like ARC9, but I think the Li Ning one looks better...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed the Li Ning's shirts not made of drifit material? Rather they were like cotton? So when wet with pespiration, it gets stuck to your body. Maybe, it was designed that way to show off LD's well toned body?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard from a CCTV reporter during live coverage that the shirt is very light, and it actually helps evaporation despite the sticky look.

I have to admit tho, the "wet and sticky" look is really quite annoying to look at lol I cant help noticing how uncomfortable it would be.

Appearantly, its very comfortable to wear according to the commentary. The whole top is also just a mere 70g. Its not like I weight sportwears lol but I would imagine that being quite impressive to be worth mentionning at all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by markchan View Post
    I noticed the Li Ning's shirts not made of drifit material? Rather they were like cotton? So when wet with pespiration, it gets stuck to your body. Maybe, it was designed that way to show off LD's well toned body?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markchan View Post
    According to the commentor of GDTV, the shirts are made with "special" material and weighs only 70g! And altough it is all wet, it won't drip at all! I can't find any offical confirmation on the web, but I did not see any dripping, do you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no idea what strings but if this is accurate, it's good enough to know.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...31#post1169431

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gapton View Post
    The Chinese National Badminton Team has signed Li-Ning as official sponsor.

The team outfit was redesigned, and by Li Ning, and almost all the sponsorship signboard in the GZ stadium were taken by Li Ning.

Between games on CCTV channel there was also lots of sponsored adverts. Most being Li-Ning marketing its new racket and claiming the new design and extra power it delivers.

It just all seems to me that Li Ning paid huge money in inventing, producing and marketing their new line of rackets.

With that in mind, I strongly doubt if Lin Dan will be using Yonnex racket since Li Ning is officially known as the sponsor of the entire China team.
    Invest in reverse-engineering?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess no one has the answer, I've searched all but come out nothing. My guess is, BG65/BG80. And Yonex would have no control on this.
    (I searched the offcial site, and yes I can read Chinese)

For all marketing gimmick, they've missed out one thing. String!

You can have all the best racquet you have, yet Li-Ling cannot come out strings to compete. After reading all the forms in Chinese and all the Li-Ling paidoff promotes the brand like no tomorrow, demoting Yonex like over-pricing low c/p brand. Promoting Li-Ling racquet like it's the highest technology produced in China with MSRP almost the same as yonex without discount. I feel ashame for Li-Ling marketing department. Is this really the nature of chinese people? No hard feeling. If they cannot provide solid product with reasonable pricing, they're gonna have dead-stock or later 60% off on those inventory.

Racquet + String + Shoe are the most important equipments in Badminton.

Their racquet paint job is so original.
    They have no strings.
    Their shoe sole pattern is so original as well.

It's like so much mint intake for a guy and he doesn't even want to get a condom, he wouldn't get the chance to use it. It's so chilling that a real badminton person would not pay attention on Li-Ling products.

If Li-Ling wants the market share. Do Something!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i went to the li ning shop after watching the semifinal, china vs malaysia, and they even had a racquet that was used by lin dan but it was re-strung, the salesperson said ld was using something like 31 lbs.. it looked really nice.. they even had a shirt that was worn by fu haifeng put on a mannequin. haha..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li-Ning do have strings... but not sure which being used by whom...
    http://www.bbesports.com/wzgl/Produc...AB%C7%F2%CF%DF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Takamsda View Post
    I guess no one has the answer, I've searched all but come out nothing. My guess is, BG65/BG80. And Yonex would have no control on this.
    (I searched the offcial site, and yes I can read Chinese)

For all marketing gimmick, they've missed out one thing. String!

You can have all the best racquet you have, yet Li-Ling cannot come out strings to compete. After reading all the forms in Chinese and all the Li-Ling paidoff promotes the brand like no tomorrow, demoting Yonex like over-pricing low c/p brand. Promoting Li-Ling racquet like it's the highest technology produced in China with MSRP almost the same as yonex without discount. I feel ashame for Li-Ling marketing department. Is this really the nature of chinese people? No hard feeling. If they cannot provide solid product with reasonable pricing, they're gonna have dead-stock or later 60% off on those inventory.

Racquet + String + Shoe are the most important equipments in Badminton.

Their racquet paint job is so original.
    They have no strings.
    Their shoe sole pattern is so original as well.

It's like so much mint intake for a guy and he doesn't even want to get a condom, he wouldn't get the chance to use it. It's so chilling that a real badminton person would not pay attention on Li-Ling products.

If Li-Ling wants the market share. Do Something!!
    sounds like someone doesn't like the brand ...I'd still rather be more forgiving on paint designs and shoe designs...Li-Ning can't reinvent the wheel you know...whatever works works...if yonex's shoe design (soles) work..why not try to improve on it...not everyone can be smart enough to think of ORIGINAL ORIGINAL new things...you can't paint a racket any new colour design that hasn't been done, because i'm sure almost all schemes HAVE been done...it only has relative features that look like yonex/other brands...they DO have strings, like most companies..although it may not be the best at the moment...i'm not saying i'm the greatest fan of their product, but if you're going to go off on Li-Ning about these little things, you might as well go off on all those clone brands of yonex..."why can't THEY be original as well?! they don't have strings!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ingridt View Post
    i went to the li ning shop after watching the semifinal, china vs malaysia, and they even had a racquet that was used by lin dan but it was re-strung, the salesperson said ld was using something like 31 lbs.. it looked really nice.. they even had a shirt that was worn by fu haifeng put on a mannequin. haha..
    Apparently it was on sale..i was there every day to watch every session..they told me that the price was over 1.5k CNY, so i didn't bother to buy it xD...wayyy to expensive ahaha...i DID however take advantage of their autographs promotion ...i missed Wang Lin and Yu Yang though.. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Li-Ning do have strings... but not sure which being used by whom...
    http://www.bbesports.com/wzgl/Produc...AB%C7%F2%CF%DF
    i took a look at them at the Li-Ning stores...but nothing special worth mentioning, although i haven't tried them ...i don't think yonex is out of the string market just yet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I guess they do have strings indeed.

You know it's a amazing thing that when you post those kinda thing on BC/BF, those Li-Ling marketing people wouldn't spank on you. look @ the Li-ling official discussion board(bbs). Who ever criticize Li-Ling product, they will have tons "user" to come up and "support" Li-Ling products.

So copy someone's original design and maybe improve upon it is a good idea? not so much for patient lawyer(or is it?) You can copy ALL YOU WANT in CHINA. DO THAT IN USA and lol...

I dare Li-Ling to sell the shoe(straight sole copy of Yonex) in USA, see if Yonex USA would not sue them?

I don't particularly dislike the brand, just simply don't like how their marketing people's face. And the way they promote their products. If China National Team is using Li-Ling Strings. Then I'll give a thumb up for the bravery.

For example, Victor Racquets and Shuttlecock and Strings are really solid. They match Yonex quility and price position is a little lower. If today I have to choose between Li-Ling and Victor, I have a clear winner. but if I don't have to choose, I can play any brand of racquet / string / show as long as I like. and btw I don't use Yonex racquets, they're good and sometimes too good for me. nor I use Victor racquet, and or any clone racquet.

and you think Li-Ling is all that original? See their grommetless "technology"? Do you realize that they copy it from some major European company?
    Last edited by Takamsda; 05-18-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: add words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Takamsda View Post
    lol I guess they do have strings indeed.

You know it's a amazing thing that when you post those kinda thing on BC/BF, those Li-Ling marketing people wouldn't spank on you. look @ the Li-ling official discussion board(bbs). Who ever criticize Li-Ling product, they will have tons "user" to come up and "support" Li-Ling products.

So copy someone's original design and maybe improve upon it is a good idea? not so much for patient lawyer(or is it?) You can copy ALL YOU WANT in CHINA. DO THAT IN USA and lol...

I dare Li-Ling to sell the shoe(straight sole copy of Yonex) in USA, see if Yonex USA would not sue them?

I don't particularly dislike the brand, just simply don't like how their marketing people's face. And the way they promote their products. If China National Team is using Li-Ling Strings. Then I'll give a thumb up for the bravery.

For example, Victor Racquets and Shuttlecock and Strings are really solid. They match Yonex quility and price position is a little lower. If today I have to choose between Li-Ling and Victor, I have a clear winner. but if I don't have to choose, I can play any brand of racquet / string / show as long as I like. and btw I don't use Yonex racquets, they're good and sometimes too good for me. nor I use Victor racquet, and or any clone racquet.

and you think Li-Ling is all that original? See their grommetless "technology"? Do you realize that they copy it from some major European company?
    Here at BC/BF, I think it's a good thing to get your opinion out. However, I think you might have missed my point on my previous post. I pointed out that nothing is really original in any racket, if you see past the paint etc...they're all pretty much same shape and stuff...so unless a company comes out with a square racket or something, i don't think it's quite original...my real point is improvement...that's how evolution takes place...little by little, things get better because of improvements...if Li-Ning makes slight improvements to something yonex has started, i think that's original enough...have you ever watched the simpsons? the episode where Herb loans Homer's $1000 and invents a baby translator and Homer says why don't you just put a clock in something that's been invented? same idea...if you can modify something that's out, and it's been done...i think that qualifies as new...speaking of patents (i happen to be a law student), i don't see much use in yonex spending millions in courts to sue Li-Ning simply because it's losing a battle...if so, yonex would also have to file suits against several other clone companies...and if you think that doesn't matter, then technically all written documents are plagerism by a little book called "Webster's Dictionary"

i can't defend their marketing gimmicks or strategies...but as far as i can tell, if you're talking about it, it's working...

your last part kinda proves my point...nothing is really that original is it? do you think yonex is the only brand to use grommets? why don't companies just use holes, and be original?....whatever works, it's gotta be improved on...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast