User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

well, I did not watch that Simpson's episode. And I am not completely agree with you regards patients. but since you're a law-student, you might see it with more tolerance. If you practice law then no one can really copy your work. If you're a engineer, and someone in China is copying your work, how would you feel?

Not like Yonex never sue someone for copying their racquet. There're many smaller companies copies Yonex to a extend I would say disgusting. I would predict Yonex would sue a company if the company uses copies of Yonex work and eat up Yonex's market-share. Did you know that Li-Ling probably planned this take-over for at least 2 year? And Korean National team also converted to Victor(besides 2 player!?). Yonex is losing BIG in sponsoring top international players. China National Team has been using Yonex for 26(28?) years. And it's time for the team to get rid of Yonex. For some chinese badminton enthusiasts they distaste Li-Ling in ALL aspects.

Back to the topic, copy is copy, if a company can come up something original and cannot be prirated then they'll survive.

Try to go to China, with your foreign passport, and get rob, lost it all, no cash no ID, see how long and how much trouble it will take you to recover to get back to your country? When I was taking a trip in China I felt I am so small and so helpless if something bad would happen to me.

I completely feel for any Yonex original work that has been pirated. Copying someone's work and base upon it is not call original. It's call no conscious.

And as for Lawyers, ever heard a star trek joke? " Captain, they've throw all lawyers into the sun in 2050!." lol =P You must watch Boston Legal often !?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Takamsda View Post
    well, I did not watch that Simpson's episode. And I am not completely agree with you regards patients. but since you're a law-student, you might see it with more tolerance. If you practice law then no one can really copy your work. If you're a engineer, and someone in China is copying your work, how would you feel?

Not like Yonex never sue someone for copying their racquet. There're many smaller companies copies Yonex to a extend I would say disgusting. I would predict Yonex would sue a company if the company uses copies of Yonex work and eat up Yonex's market-share. Did you know that Li-Ling probably planned this take-over for at least 2 year? And Korean National team also converted to Victor(besides 2 player!?). Yonex is losing BIG in sponsoring top international players. China National Team has been using Yonex for 26(28?) years. And it's time for the team to get rid of Yonex. For some chinese badminton enthusiasts they distaste Li-Ling in ALL aspects.

Back to the topic, copy is copy, if a company can come up something original and cannot be prirated then they'll survive.

Try to go to China, with your foreign passport, and get rob, lost it all, no cash no ID, see how long and how much trouble it will take you to recover to get back to your country? When I was taking a trip in China I felt I am so small and so helpless if something bad would happen to me.

I completely feel for any Yonex original work that has been pirated. Copying someone's work and base upon it is not call original. It's call no conscious.

And as for Lawyers, ever heard a star trek joke? " Captain, they've throw all lawyers into the sun in 2050!." lol =P You must watch Boston Legal often !?
    i actually fail to grasp how your last post has any relevance, if at all, contributes to your point. patents are made out to secure the original work to the owner. This does not apply if even one little thing is changed. However, if the patent completely covers the entire aspect of work, ie how it works, how it's made, it would be an infringement. Like you said, a copy is a copy. But a copy is not a copy if something new is in it, which makes the product different right?

I have never recalled Yonex suing someone/company for their work. Please show me. For years tiny companies have been eating bits of their market share, especially in beginning level players. If your point in arguing is that now that yonex is losing a battle, they should start something, then okay, i agree with you to some extent. Yonex lost 2 big markets and is losing face. Does that mean they should start suing people and gain market back? How would fans react to that kind of action, rather than giving better quality equipment at better prices or better designs that gives players what they want? Similar example you might find relevance. If a hockey team is losing a game that they were formerly dominating, should they start playing dirty and get back that way? Where does it say that Li-Ning has planned this for this long, i missed that. And what relevance does it have? Are you now aruging that it's a consipiracy? Furthermore, I'm sure some chinese people distaste yonex as well, what's your point?

Your part about creating something original for a company to survive is true. However, if a company improves on an existing product and it's by far better than the competition, then they should also survive right? Kind of like how Maps and Globes work. They provide the same information, but a globe is more of a visual representation of how the world looks like. Does that mean whoever invented the globe should be sued by the person who made the world map? But i still see how this has any relevance to your original point.

I don't see what your story in China has to do with your point, but I've taken it is require of my law program to take sociology and psychology classes, and i feel that your certain resentment maybe due to your bad experiences in China. And furthermore, I do not have to "try", I'm IN CHINA and I watched the Sudirman Cup live for everyday lol...I've been back and forth a lot, and nothing scares me. People are people. If you live in fear, you deny yourself of living...

i agree that completely copying is wrong. I don't like supporting clonex brands that way. But this isn't an "edge sabre" or a "mighty muscle" we're talking about...I suggest you test out the rackets and see if you feel a difference before you make an honest opinion. Otherwise, you're not seeing past the paint job, and you're regarding your opinion on your experiences and feelings associated with a country that is runned differently than your own(perhaps).

PS: TV is there for one thing. Entertainment. It's not meant for a substitute for real life. Boston Legal is based on American Law and I don't find it any entertaining. I also don't know of the star trek quote in which you speak of, but I'm only a fan of the William Shatner series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Takamsda, are you Korean.....? You just seem to be hate Li Ning and China so much LOL

Look, you cant ask Li-Ning to produce a triangle-racket made of glass weighting 50g :P

They might be copying Yonex TO SOME EXTEND, but everyone does that because Yonex is good, very very good.

Now, Li-Ning is new in the badminton racket department, but it is a huge company that can afford to put in huge money in investment and research. Badminton is one of the most popular sport throughout the country, I really dont see any harm if a company like Li-Ning stepped up and took the challenge to produce new quality rackets.

Yonex is very good as we all know, but without competition there will be no improvement.

Would you like to see a world with just Yonex equipments?

I really think it is a good thing that companies can compete with each other and improve the rackets even further.

A good racket = a good racket, with or without Yonex tag on it

If Li-Ning is capable of producing a good racket, then we will be seeing some healthy competition here.

Like a car must have engine, wheels and steering, there is only so much you can change in a badminton racket, how "similiar" shouldnt really be the focus, the focus is how they drive. So what really matters is how the Li-Ning rackets play.

If you still want to whine about copying.... you know what, European players are generally taller than Asian players, Asian players have agility over European players' strength and stamina. Historically European players have been learning footwork from the Asian players in order to improve on their agility and speed, which is their weakness. Now do you call that copying and look at them with disgust? Sure you cant ask every single player out there to invent a new set of footwork can you?

Chinese team players are very very serious when it comes to badminton because the entire country will be watching, and I see no reason that the coach will use Li-Ning rackets if they are of poor quality.

Plus, why are you feeling disgusted when a country's national sport team use quality equipment provided by their own country instead of a foreign country?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel ashame for Li-Ling marketing department. Is this really the nature of chinese people? No hard feeling.
    What a commercial has to do with a nation?

If you watch TV, you will see tons of commercials use one way or another (i.e. comparison, etc) to more or less put down competitors, well promote itself. You can see how coke and pepsi clash, see how all the cars list others name right on the board, see all the discounted online travel agencies, see all the beer ads, etc. That's the nature of competition.

Plus, before you go on to bash a brand, please get all your information ready and confirmed 1st. It's not too hard to know whether LN makes string or not, before making such a joke like claim of "oh, they do not even have strings"...

After others pointed out, you suddenly changed the track and say, "doubt they have the guts to use LN strings..." So, what about if you find out ppl do give good reviews after usage, what you will do next? Man, get a life...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you explain what's this to do with badminton, or Yonex or LN?

There are 1.3 billion ppl live there, and not like they are cooked in hell every day. Sure, there are something not good here or there, but that's so true for every single nation, every single city, every single street block. Many things you may never understand, but that does not mean it's wrong or not good.

Many of people I know traveled there, and 99% came back with fantastic experience, and great stories. I've never heard them complaining about "being scared" for day and night.

Actually, only 2 people I know ever got a terrible travel experience, such as losing passport and $$$. However, one was in UK, and one was in Spain. Surprise none of them in Asian nations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously the guy should get a life rather than have a cry on the internet.

Just like who doesn't download pirated movies etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course Yonex cannot sue anybody. There is nothing for them to sue because there is no Yonex patent that is current now, as far as I know. Name me one patent, other than its old T joint file many moons ago, that Yonex has come up with. Yonex will go bankrupt needlessly suing anyone when it has no case.
    Of course Li Ning will come to the US and Canada and also Japan. Yonex can only watch and accept the new competition.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir, Yonex is NOT the 1st ever badminton manufacture in the world. So, when Yonex 1st introduced its product in the market, did it get sued by others? When Yonex 1st started to take away market shares / sign mega stars, did others say they are "disgusting"?

What's wrong to have a long planning period in business? It's not like fantasy land, as people need to invest their life time savings and career into it. Of course they will never make such a decision, 2 mintues after they got drunk something. I am pretty sure when Yonex 1st come into play, their owner did not rush in without thinking twice.

Some CHN players do not like LN? Sure, why not? Equipment is all about preferences, just like cars. There are JP players using Mizuno shoes, but not Yonex shoes as well. What's wrong with that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Okay...back to Li-Ning strings..

..i guess all we have to do now is to wait for our master DinkAlot to do a review on them and pass the NGP certification of playability..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would try one LN racket if the price is less than $500 HK since copyright is not my concern here & I don't see LN violates any copyright from YY except colors & patterns which are quite subjective & I think I would string it with YY bg68 Ti on it with 23 & 25 lbs of tension plus Victor's grips, this way, I think I can win every game, haha! Invincinble, haha!
    As a matter of fact, I've never seen an LN racquet here in this beautiful metro TO yet, too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would team Japan switch to LN brand if LN sponsor enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry if U got anykind of troubles in CN, but u don't need to hate the local sponsor or even the ppl, for a sad trip here or there.

For the string i am also curious about, i searched the CN website, no special info about the string for LD. Befor LN racket, its said LD used BG65 with est. 31lb. Now LN does sell the LN strings as well, ap70 is said similar to BG65, so i guess LD use accupower 70 string. I think that my search result might be a little cover for u.

Its said LN did buy Kason to produce the racket, Kason was a succesful lacal brand for years. LN rackets had already being sold on the market for a while. There is a special series for National team such as N90 for LD, also other series to cover amateur or prof levels.
    To #27
    They are about 300 HK$ to 2000HK$ as well. It is quite expensive for a new brand, esp. the N series, LN racket has a long road to raise the market coverage.

BTW, i think there are less gaps tween the first class racket producers in design and tech, that is why Korea shift to Victory, and CN shift to LN (Kason) for likewise purpose. And thats why i just take a look, still using my old rackets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to reply before I jump back to study for my 5 finals(in 3 days, starting <12 hr), I haven't read anything at all since I've replied last time. will read after final exams...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe I'm a little late, but here is the picture of LN string!

These pics are taken during the SC around the stadium.

LN got a full lineup.

I guess no one has the answer, I've searched all but come out nothing. My guess is, BG65/BG80. And Yonex would have no control on this.
    (I searched the offcial site, and yes I can read Chinese)

For all marketing gimmick, they've missed out one thing. String!......
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give them credit, LN sure got their act together in launching their new badminton product line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPower View Post
    maybe I'm a little late, but here is the picture of LN string!

These pics are taken during the SC around the stadium.

LN got a full lineup.
    So YOU were one of the many people i saw taking pictures inside the Li-Ning store ...I was wondering why people were doing that xD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, now i only know li ning has strings and shuttlecock

btw, it seems like Li Ning is getting popular now as the china team are sponsored by them.
    Maybe human psychology perhaps?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast