User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Actually when I read the news, I was surprised cos BAM's supposed to be on tight budget, I thought they freeze all hiring.
    Maybe Malaysian gov't donate a little to BAM.
    Got enough cash to fly astronaut into outer space, why can't pay Hendrawan?
    Small matter la.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Small matter la.
    aiyaa ..The story's different now. You need to answer everything.. Every single penny la.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Small matter la.
    I mean ah - When going for SUdirman CUp, BAM say cash strapped, cannot bring many2 players,they brought only 10. 1 got injured while battling, left 9 to battle, some battle 2 times in 1 day, can faint. THey say lack budget, players must go less tourneys this year, then....
    but perhaps you're right, maybe it came from "special allocation for urgent need"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they always say 1 and do b,u dont know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    what bigger picture??bigger picture for you malaysians, maybe...but certainly not us Indonesians. yes, by any luck if hendrawan manages to produce a world champ, the glory would still be credited to mas and ONE Indonesian...not all of us. Moreover what does that leave us Indonesians?no world champ for us then?
    Hendrawan has been around in INA for sometime. You do have a World Champ and an Olympic Gold medalist. AS for Malaysia, we have none yet. If when we have a world champ and a Gold medalist because of Hendrawan. He will be remembered as the Coach that delivers his goods. Yes i do agree that the glory will go to a certain player. But if Hendrawan is one of the main factors that deliver us the goods. We Malaysian will remember him for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    The salary is more thn 5 times...could be one of the most expensive coach in the world..of course, BAM is not the only paying his salary..

I know Hendrawan..very tough decision for him...
    Most expensive badminton coach i agree. And he is staying near Rexy's place too and that place cost a bomb as well. Im pretty sure he will make himself feel at home in Malaysia.

Hard decision yes, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Let go of something good for something GREAT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errr, actually BAM said having Hendrawan is for 2012 OG preparations. (hopefully Hendrawan wouldnt run off after 2 yrs like some of his predecessors). I think Rashid said they hope to beef up the youngsters to qualify for 2012 OG- to accompany LCW lah, by then WCH, LTS, Hafiz,etc retired already.
    And of course to get someone that can take over from LCW after that.

Actually when I read the news, I was surprised cos BAM's supposed to be on tight budget, I thought they freeze all hiring.
    Thanks for correction Eagle, I must have read somewhere that the goal is to win TC next year in MAS...Then getting Hendrawan to prepare for the next generation of players to take over is a good move...I was thinking that to win TC next year, MAs would need a young Hendrawan and Rexy as players at their prime, not as coaches, LCW and need Ricky too (to play with Rexy), KKK/TBH and even then, it is neck to neck against the current CHN lineup, no guarantee of winning over CHN. TC next year is already owned by CHN.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 05-20-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pleasant surprise to hear that Hendrawan is being hired by BAM to revive the back-up squad after the overated coaches fail to do wonders to them but still selfishly keep the players to themselves. What's the difference now in hiring Hendrawan when Li Mao requested to coach 1/2 of the potential youngsters? Luckily Hendrawan has a good friend here to guide him through the politic 101 in BAM. Hiring the best coaches in the world is not going to solve the problem in the long term. They should examine the whole badminton development in the grass root level and also internally/external factors in the state associations & BAM.

Implementing coaching license in badminton and focusing on sport science is a sound plan but what is the use for educating the coaches in sport science for school, private and state level but not the national level? Isn't it contradicting with their purpose and intention when they hire a foreign coaches without the sports science knowledge? This is how the Malaysian brain works.

Having said that, I believe Hendrawan will make a difference to the men's team. According to NST, Hendrawan is the last resort -
    "Hendrawan is known as an excellent worker, especially with lesser gifted players and he himself is an example of how well a player with a small physique can be so successful on the international stage.

"Hendrawan will definitely offer something new for the players. The majority of the our back-up players don't have the advantage of size so we hope that he (Hendrawan) will be able to relate his experience and pass on his effective training methods.
    Good Luck to Hendrawan! Expect to handle some lesser talented players and do a miracle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the positives getting Hendrawan, salute to BAM for this move...except it costs reportedly oodles of $$$ to get him but then again, who ever said winning is cheap, you need to pay big to play with the big boys in the big leaque...now if only the govt leave them alone to do their thingie and the media/public give them time, and lots of prayers from MAS fans for a miracle...and to our INA neighbors, if Hendrawan works out, I am 100% very SURE MAS fans will thank you very muchy...and if INA find another TH and send him over to MAS, MAS will say a bigger thank you muchy muchy...hehehe!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes money doesn't buy success

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Its not the money that bring success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if anyone still doubt this fact..Schevchenko, Robinho are among the flops in epl .......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good sell job by Rexy..

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Most expensive badminton coach i agree. And he is staying near Rexy's place too and that place cost a bomb as well. Im pretty sure he will make himself feel at home in Malaysia.
    ..Rexy must've done some pretty impressive bargaining to sell the idea to BAM..Imagine, Hendrawan who hasn't even start his tenure in BAM will receive more than, if not equal to that of what Rexy receives..
    Quote Originally Posted by ckloo View Post
    Ex-world champ Hendrawan to chart singles players’ success
    Probably, with Hendrawan now on the Malaysian side, there is greater hope that Malaysia, who will host the Thomas Cup Finals next year, will be able to regain the title last won in Kuala Lumpur in 1992.
    Errr, actually BAM said having Hendrawan is for 2012 OG preparations.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Thanks for correction Eagle, I must have read somewhere that the goal is to win TC next year in MAS...
    ..the last portion of the article above, from post #40, somewhat mentions another possible goal in bringing in Hendrawan..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-20-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errr, actually BAM said having Hendrawan is for 2012 OG preparations. (hopefully Hendrawan wouldnt run off after 2 yrs like some of his predecessors). I think Rashid said they hope to beef up the youngsters to qualify for 2012 OG- to accompany LCW lah, by then WCH, LTS, Hafiz,etc retired already.
    And of course to get someone that can take over from LCW after that.

Another 3rd party helps BAM pay his salary..BAM, indeed, was desperate to get some coaches..prior to Hermawan, there were few candidates..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..Rexy must've done some pretty impressive bargaining to sell the idea to BAM..Imagine, Hendrawan who hasn't even start his tenure in BAM will receive more than, if not equal to that of what Rexy receives..

I remember reading that Rexy got better pay in England than Msia, England paid in pounds mah, so.. after exchange rates it's more. The reporters were asking Rexy why he still came although England paid him more.

The article on Hendrawan you were refering was from yesterday's NST :
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...ull_index_html

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Another 3rd party helps BAM pay his salary..BAM, indeed, was desperate to get some coaches..prior to Hermawan, there were few candidates..
    Thanks for the info, this 3rd party really kind.

And I must say this Hendrawan knows how to talk to the media. The Msian malay language press asked him why agree to come, he said BAM approached him every year since 2005. He said no, they dont give up, next year ask again. So, the persistency of persuading paid off. He said it very diplomatic so wouldnt offend INA fans, clever guy.
    I have the impresssion he will know how to weave his way thru the politics.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-21-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I was referring..

...The article on Hendrawan you were refering was from yesterday's NST :
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...ull_index_html
    ..to a different article (ckloo's post #40) which mentions something abt BAM/MAS plan to target next yr's Thomas Cup as well, per OTB's post (post #75) where he thought he saw that being mentioned.
    Your link above has no mention of BAM targeting next yr's TC.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-21-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Its not the money that bring success.
    With Hendrawan, hopefully he can groom future MAS players and help MAS produce a better team...of course, $$$ cannot buy success...honestly, looking at CHN current lineup and future players coming up, it will be a long time before any country can challenge CHN in Sudirman, TC and UC...what I meant to say is getting Hendrawan is a good move by BAM except for 5X the salary, especially in the economy of today, may be a steep price to pay to play a game but to win or to enhance the chances of winning, I understand there is a price to pay...maybe I should word the phrase "whoever said enhancing the chances of winning is cheap"...Hendrawan and Rexy are coaches, they can coach all they want, if the players cannot deliver, it is futile anyway.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast