Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg..i hope mr yoyo won't be training under hendrawan

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...011&sec=sports

Hafiz hopes to revive sagging career under Hendrawan

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Singles shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim is ready to begin a new chapter in his badminton career under a new coach for the first time.
    After being under the wings of only one coach, Misbun Sidek, for almost a decade, Hafiz said that he had no qualms to seek new fortunes under the guidance of Indonesian Hendrawan.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have hired the former world champion and it is learnt that two seniors players, Hafiz and also Kuan Beng Hong, will come under his charge together with several national back-up shuttlers.
    Both Hafiz and Beng Hong have reached a plateau, if not on a slide, in their badminton careers and the 37-year-old Hendrawan could give the duo the lift.
    National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek has been given the task to recommend the players to train under Hendrawan, who will report for duty on July 1.
    “A decision has not been made but I will give it a try to revive my career if I am placed under Hendrawan. I will follow the BAM’s decision,” said Hafiz.
    Hafiz has never benefited from any foreign coach since he came under the charge of Misbun in 2000 while other players, including world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has had the benefit of training under several coaches with strong credentials, including Denmark’s Morten Frost, Indonesia’s Indra Gunawan and China’s Li Mao.
    “It will be a new experience for me to train under Hendrawan. His training style and method may be different. He may be able to help me,” said Hafiz.
    The former Nusa Mahsuri player said that Hendrawan, who retired as a player in 2003, would not be a total stranger to him.
    “I played against him before and lost the group tie match of the Thomas Cup Finals (in 2002 in Guangzhou). As a player, he is known for his great fighting spirit and skills,” said Hafiz.
    “We always greet each other whenever we meet during tournaments. There is a good rapport between him and me.”
    In the absence of Misbun, who is currently on a long leave to care for his sick wife, Hafiz has been training under Rashid and is now gearing up for the Pahang Open in Kuantan from May 26-29.
    For the record, Hafiz, who is ranked 29th in the world, has not won a major tournament since his career-best victory at the All-England in 2003.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better not.......HH and KBH....BAM shd focus on the yougster.....not these two....

enough is enough........no more HH nor KBH......pls no BAM...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it's up to BAM..but i believe Kuan B h , Hafiz, & some back up players will be under him......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    omg..i hope mr yoyo won't be training under hendrawan

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Singles shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim is ready to begin a new chapter in his badminton career under a new coach for the first time.
    After being under the wings of only one coach, Misbun Sidek, for almost a decade, Hafiz said that he had no qualms to seek new fortunes under the guidance of Indonesian Hendrawan.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have hired the former world champion and it is learnt that two seniors players, Hafiz and also Kuan Beng Hong, will come under his charge together with several national back-up shuttlers.
    Both Hafiz and Beng Hong have reached a plateau, if not on a slide, in their badminton careers and the 37-year-old Hendrawan could give the duo the lift.
    National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek has been given the task to recommend the players to train under Hendrawan, who will report for duty on July 1.
    “A decision has not been made but I will give it a try to revive my career if I am placed under Hendrawan. I will follow the BAM’s decision,” said Hafiz.
    Hafiz has never benefited from any foreign coach since he came under the charge of Misbun in 2000 while other players, including world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has had the benefit of training under several coaches with strong credentials, including Denmark’s Morten Frost, Indonesia’s Indra Gunawan and China’s Li Mao.
    “It will be a new experience for me to train under Hendrawan. His training style and method may be different. He may be able to help me,” said Hafiz.
    The former Nusa Mahsuri player said that Hendrawan, who retired as a player in 2003, would not be a total stranger to him.
    “I played against him before and lost the group tie match of the Thomas Cup Finals (in 2002 in Guangzhou). As a player, he is known for his great fighting spirit and skills,” said Hafiz.
    “We always greet each other whenever we meet during tournaments. There is a good rapport between him and me.”
    In the absence of Misbun, who is currently on a long leave to care for his sick wife, Hafiz has been training under Rashid and is now gearing up for the Pahang Open in Kuantan from May 26-29.
    For the record, Hafiz, who is ranked 29th in the world, has not won a major tournament since his career-best victory at the All-England in 2003.
    Correct me...I thought it was Roslin who lost to Hendrawan in 2002 TC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    i wonder if Kuan B H & Hafiz will be under him like what the star reported...
    I really want to see that ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the answer will be revelead on july 1'st........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM will let Hendrawan focus on the jrs. HH and KBH is secondary. However since BAM still needs HH and KBH's services. Hendrawan might as well coach them together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hence both will be under him..............plus juniors

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..to a different article (ckloo's post #40) which mentions something abt BAM/MAS plan to target next yr's Thomas Cup as well, per OTB's post (post #75) where he thought he saw that being mentioned.
    Your link above has no mention of BAM targeting next yr's TC.
    Ohhh, that one is reporter's speculation. That article was from The Star. Ganga Rao & Rashid was quoted as saying 2012.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Hmm..^^

..writer's speculation or not, it was mentioned and that was the article OTB thought he saw it from (i was referencing/pointing to the news article).
    *My thought is also similar, in that MAS would plan at least to reach next yr's TC Final Rd. with Hendrawan on board.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-21-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post

By RAJES PAUL
    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Correct me...I thought it was Roslin who lost to Hendrawan in 2002 TC.
    ..perhaps Hafiz was being a nice guy & trying to cover Roslin's butt..
    No, but tease aside, HH's memory is still good. Roslin played & lost to Hendrawan in the Final Rd., not in the group tie match during the 2002 TC..
    http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2...2005242300.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Thanks for the info, this 3rd party really kind.
    Who knows, this 3rd party is Cik Najib or even... His Majesty the Agong himself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who know Hendrawan will get Datoship .. hahaha
    Last edited by Amin Khalili; 05-22-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think Misbun & Rashid is doing a decent job....
    They always proud of DLCW....

Other than that, they are ZERO......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

partly agree Dato' ....it's up the player & coaches (both ) needed to improve if not.. habuk pun takda..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

partly agree Dato' ....it's up the player & coaches (both ) needed to improve if not.. habuk pun takda..
    If Misbun and Rashid is doing a decent job, why still hire Hendrawan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sory dude, i dunno the answer.....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast