User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 62
  1. #18
    Regular Member tommy_bun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Woman= there's no other than Yu Yang
    Man= LD,FHF/CY,LYD

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In prevous interview, Cai/Fu claimed that their success rate is very very low when the match is dragged onto a rubber set. However, they have won 3 rubber games against some of the top teams in the world during this Sudirman cup. That alone is a huge achievement for this pair.
    Last edited by bananakid; 05-18-2009 at 01:57 AM.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_bun View Post
    Woman= there's no other than Yu Yang
    Man= LD,FHF/CY,LYD
    Agree that Yu Yang was the star on the women's side. An incredible player, a real superstar

  4. #21
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,026
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Agree that Yu Yang was the star on the women's side. An incredible player, a real superstar
    she would be the next Gao Ling instead of Zhao Yunlei

  5. #22
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yesterday i saw a special award awarded to lin dan.
    is that the mvp award for this tournament??

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Overall best player(pair) has to be Fu/Cai.

    I also want to mention that:

    TBH is showing great improvement with his smashes. The accuracy and angle is excellent.

    On the other hand, KKK is the most annoying and how he is trying so hard to market himself to the Chinese population is so pathetic. All that screaming like a b*tch and intentionally positions himself to do "around the back" smash returns when he obviously could have gotten into the "regular" smash return position is just pure lame.

    KKK needs to realize that showing off but loses a match at the end only make you more pathetic than just a loser of a match.

    You make yourself popular by winning championships, and have actual "style"(not screaming like a b*tch during every single overhead shot) + the right amount of charisma.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Yong-dae deserves to be the overall best player. He really helped Korea to get many points. Undoubtedly, he is.

  8. #25
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYD, the best overall for the tournament? isnt' he the same guy plotted the downfall of the Korean team by losing 2 matches in the final? ok, it is a bit harsh as both matches were close and gone to the rubber. LYD is one of if not the best young double talent at the moment but definitely not the best player of this tournament.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I vote for LYD too for this tourney.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    she would be the next Gao Ling instead of Zhao Yunlei
    YY will tell you that she is the first YY(F), not the next Gao Ling. Got it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MS: LD
    MD: FHF/CY
    XD: HH/YY
    WD: YY/JD
    WS: WYH

    I would give the overall MVP to FHF/CY, is time this pair get some recognition. With LD coming close to second for his effort beating LCW.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lee Young Dae as the best player? If Korea win this Cup , he should be the best player.

    Reality is, they lost 0-3.

    His team lost in the final and he fail to deliver one point in the final. If he is the best player, at least he had to win the first XD match. Instead, Yu Yang shine at that match and somehow pull off a win in second set where the score real tight in the end. Third set was all over for the Korea pair.

    The best player should be given to the winning team player. Thats between Lin Dan, Cai Yun/Fu Hai Feng (90% of this forum members predict they will lost point when playing Mas MD and Kor MD but the pair prove it wrong) And Yu Yang, of course. All of them never lost a point in this tournament. That at least had to be the criteria when you picking the best player.

    Yes, LYD is very popular here in this forum but he is not the best in this tournament.
    Last edited by hcpoirot; 05-18-2009 at 12:51 PM.

  13. #30
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I'd give my nod to these two as well..

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    ...For MVP though, my vote is for YuYang and LYD. Possibly LD but I don't think he's too pressured in this SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    I'd vote for Yu Yang also, along with LD. When LD got his award, I thought it was for the best male player at the Sudirman Cup and was puzzled when there was no the best female player award to Yu Yang.

    LYD is undoubtedly the hardest working players. But with two losses, it is hard to put him over LD and YY.
    - Yu Yang had to play 2 matches and she is basically the cornerstone in her 2 matches.
    - Same deal with LYD, he had to play 2 matches because simply he is the best player on his team. He is also the cornerstone in his 2 matches.
    Overall, LYD had the bigger and tougher task & responsibility than Yu Yang as she has other events covered by her other teammates.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-18-2009 at 12:58 PM.

  14. #31
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,900
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    yesterday i saw a special award awarded to lin dan.
    is that the mvp award for this tournament??
    that was the best player of 2008 award.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    KKK needs to realize that showing off but loses a match at the end only make you more pathetic than just a loser of a match.

    You make yourself popular by winning championships, and have actual "style"(not screaming like a b*tch during every single overhead shot) + the right amount of charisma.
    He ain't the best player of the tournament. But he had every single right to act as kkk. Annoying? could be a yes for some people. I've heard enough.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    kl
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think overall fu/cai and yu yang is the best player
    if there is a mvp for each country
    my list will be:

    hong kong-zhou mi n wang chen for playing well in wd too
    mas- wong pei tty playing in both events and play well except for xd vs china, lcw
    denmark-kamilla
    korea-lyd n lhy

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post
    Lee Young Dae as the best player? If Korea win this Cup , he should be the best player.

    Reality is, they lost 0-3.

    His team lost in the final and he fail to deliver one point in the final. If he is the best player, at least he had to win the first XD match. Instead, Yu Yang shine at that match and somehow pull off a win in second set where the score real tight in the end. Third set was all over for the Korea pair.

    The best player should be given to the winning team player. Thats between Lin Dan, Cai Yun/Fu Hai Feng (90% of this forum members predict they will lost point when playing Mas MD and Kor MD but the pair prove it wrong) And Yu Yang, of course. All of them never lost a point in this tournament. That at least had to be the criteria when you picking the best player.

    Yes, LYD is very popular here in this forum but he is not the best in this tournament.
    Well said, I second your opinion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do doubles player like Cai Yun and Fu Hai Feng start off as Singles player?
    By xxdomination in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 02-08-2012, 01:56 AM
  2. what makes a player choose to become a doubles-player
    By jerby in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 14
    : 09-02-2010, 03:20 AM
  3. I'm A Short Player, Playing Against A TALL Player. Help!
    By magiadam in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 11
    : 03-13-2007, 04:38 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    : 12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    : 08-28-2005, 02:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •