Training schedule

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Scott_G500, May 17, 2009.

1. Scott_G500

Scott_G500 Regular Member

Student
    I have exactly 27 days 'til my club is having an internal tournament and I'm planning to play singles, men's doubles and mixed doubles. My fitness is okay but I feel that I could do a lot better. I'd like to improve my fitness before that (if possible). I play badminton 5 hours a week, 2 hrs on Thursdays and 3 hrs on Sundays. I just got dumbbells (5kgs each) and a jump rope. I just don't know how to put all these things together to make a training schedule. Can you help me? It would be really useful, because after the summer I'll start playing tournaments in the Flemish league (Belgium) as a D player, so the training schedule/program would give some idea of what I'll do when I start playing competitively. I'm 14 btw.

2. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    Well it depends on what exactly you are looking to achieve??
    If its physical fitness or muscle strength and structure you want to increase?

Theres a fair few different things you have to concentrate on if you want a quick progress in that short space of time.

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

By far the best answer would be to see a trainer and examine with him your strengths/weaknesses and your goals.
    You can never go wrong with strengthening your core.
    Shoulder stabilizer tone is also important, but easy to injure if done carelessly.

As far as raw strength is concerned, that is best assessed by you and the trainer. The only thing to avoid is taking on a 27-day plan as if you were a body builder. Trying to build up to huge weights quickly will only increase your chance of injury, or make you stiff and inflexible by the time the tournament rolls around.
    Best of luck.:)

4. Scott_G500

Student
    I'm not looking for anything complex. Some basic fitness, stamina and muscle improvement. The point is not to get me in tip top shape in 27 days, just a bit:). I'm clueless of when, how often and how much should I do the exercises and I was hoping that BC could help me. And as for the trainer, it's easier said than done.

5. Scott_G500

Student
    Never mind, I found help. You can close this thread:D