User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TV Commentators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    A good commentator is one who knows when to talk and when not to talk during the course of the match, and Gillian is very good at it.

On the other hand, the worst commentator of all is not "that guy", but the freak male Chinese commentator who talks about crap non-stop during THE ENTIRE MATCH, just view the Cai/Fu vs INA pair during the Sudirman cup, and I couldn't even hear the sound of the shuttlecock being hit simply because of his annoying voice and non-stop non-sense.
    hahaha, i second that. Sometime i even overhear them talking about lin dan in the MD games lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    However she's a horror at commentating LD matches. I can tell who's winning by just listening to her volume. If LD's winning, she can match JB in terms of non-stop energy. If LD's losing, she suddenly goes quiet. Which was what happened in SO. Started by raving over LD and ended whimpering.
    Charmaine did a good job tempering her LDisms.
    JB does a better job commentating LD matches. At least he's neutral and does not assume a match outcome. That way, the commentator does not lose face.
    Your post just reflected how bias you're. Talking about JB is neutral.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears to me that some fans will deem a commentator lousy if he/she compliments a player that they don't like. GC has always try to play down the 'bad' things that we see on TV and highlight the good points of all players. And for that I applaud her for trying to promote 'goodwill & harmony' amongst all lately.

JB has a good vocab, very descriptive & is a die-hard LCW & Boleh Land fans. But he sometimes pre-empt - calling a shot in when it's out, thinking that players will switch courts when the game is not over yet. But he apologizes for those mistakes. One can sense that his support is normally with opponents playing against the Chinese & that is his prerogative. Quoting & unquoting him - he has a soft spot for LD.

At the recent SC 09, it was good to hear the comments of players made by P Erik of Denmark whilst watching the semi between MAS/CHN....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3