User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    There are worse scenarios out there. KKK's antics is just a small incident. Please dont blow it.
    Agree, especially that gesture was not directed to any particular person. Sad to say badminton is getting so competitive that it longer be considered as "gentlemen" sports. Even changing shuttle can become a controversy, not ot mention about throwing racket at someone ...
    However, Koo needs to behave better in public to amend his image if he want to be well love like Chong Wei.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    However, Koo needs to behave better in public to amend his image if he want to be well love like Chong Wei.
    He's now a bad boy, that's what my friends said.
    But wait, Taufik is well love despite of his bad boy image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    He's now a bad boy, that's what my friends said.
    But wait, Taufik is well love despite of his bad boy image.
    The Bad Boys are always loved , maybe thats why KKK is doing it.

Lin Dan - hes bad

Taufik - Hes Bad

Now KKK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Agree, especially that gesture was not directed to any particular person.
    So, tell me why LD got bashed for 15 pages, when he put away the hat in MO? He was mad, but did not put his anger to anyone in that incident. Sure, back then, fans say "that will piss off the sponsorship, therefore, bring bad image to badminton".

So, tell me this sign will not let any sponsorship or fans (ok, say western only) think twice?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    So, do you mean if some region know it better than another, then such behavior is acceptable?

Guys, we all talked about how to introduce the sport to the entire world (mostly western nations) besides Asia, and now we put this like "oh, it's fine..."

So, if we say LD refuse to wear a hat, or slam his rackets put "a bad image to the sport", then we take the "finger" incident as no harm? Because it's in Asia?
    Nope, we didnt say it's ok, That's not the main point, the reply was specifically to your "a well taught 3 yr old " statement. Since you think all & sundry should know what it means..... Get it? A 40++ yr old GUY asked me what's the meaning of that gesture in western culture.

LD refusing the wear the hat thingy was not good PR, showed disrespect to the local culture, in public. It meant or could be taken to mean that LD did not respect the culture of the country. Like the host give a souvenir or lay out the choice food & the guest refuse to take it, considered very impolite.

It's like insulting the host country and saying 'This is a stupid country, headgear also so weird/stupid, dont want to wear.'
    + LD as an Asian is expected to know those norms(which made some others more pissed off)

THe racket thowing incident...well... that has been discussed ad nauseum

KKK is pissed off with either his racket or himself & swore at the racket (it seems), all of this directed at himself. So happen it's caught on camera, it's not right but it was not directed at other ppl .
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-18-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Nope, we didnt say it's ok, That's not the main point, the reply was specifically to your "a well taught 3 yr old " statement. Since you think all & sundry should know what it means..... Get it? A 40++ yr old GUY asked me what's the meaning of that gesture in western culture.

LD refusing the wear the hat thingy was not good PR, showed disrespect to the local culture, in public. It meant or could be taken to mean that LD did not respect the culture of the country. Like the host give a souvenir or lay out the choice food & the guest refuse to take it, considered very impolite.
    + LD as an Asian is expected to know those norms(which made some others more pissed off)

THe racket thowing incident...well... that has been discussed ad nauseum

KKK is pissed off with either his racket or himself & swore at the racket (it seems), all of this directed at himself. So happen it's caught on camera, it's not right but it was not directed at other ppl .
    Ok, so, when we make a mistake, we simply hope "others may not know"? From when the world is changed to be, "it's ok to be at fault, as long as a long of others did not see, did not hear, or do not understand?" A fault is a fault, period. Regardless who finds it, who understand it or not.

This event is broadcast in TV and internet, so you can not say even if the locals may not know it, then it's fine. Btw, seriously, do you think Asia was still in 1950 or something? There are enough CHN, HK and TW movies I watched here, with young ppl showing the sign in movie. If you think the general public does not know about it, they will include such?

So, LD put away the hat is disrespect the local, because he did in in public. So, Koo is fine, where did he do it? Not in the pubic? So, LD is expect to know what he did is wrong... So, Koo does not even know what he did you tell me? Of course Koo knows it, and he did it anyway.

Ok, whether a 3 years old should know, or a teen, or a 30 years should know, it does not change the fact of "being wrong". Many kids does not know the illegal drugs, until teens or twenties, then you tell me illegal drugs is ok?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, tell me why LD got bashed for 15 pages, when he put away the hat in MO? He was mad, but did not put his anger to anyone in that incident. Sure, back then, fans say "that will piss off the sponsorship, therefore, bring bad image to badminton".

So, tell me this sign will not let any sponsorship or fans (ok, say western only) think twice?
    I already replied on that, it should be very obvious what it actually meant. Errr, some said LD threw down the hat during the ceremony, even worse. ANd back then, if I remember correctly, the higher ups were pissed off, effectively LD pissed off the whole country.
    The 15 pages if I recall correctly was for the racket throwing incident.

And........after all the incidents, did LD get less sponsorship? Did Taufik get less sponsorship for being a bad boy? And seriously, what they did, were more serious incidents(esp esp the racket throwing one), it's not picking on LD.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-18-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This event is broadcast in TV and internet, so you can not say even if the locals may not know it, then it's fine. Btw, seriously, do you think Asia was still in 1950 or something? There are enough CHN, HK and TW movies I watched here, with young ppl showing the sign in movie. If you think the general public does not know about it, they will include such? The censorship board would censor that verbal swearing & gestures. That's not the main point either.

Ok, whether a 3 years old should know, or a teen, or a 30 years should know, it does not change the fact of "being wrong". Many kids does not know the illegal drugs, until teens or twenties, then you tell me illegal drugs is ok?
    I didnt say it's right, read again. You all can defend2 LD during the racket throwing incident, some more want to say2 in a smaller incident.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-18-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone make mistakes.......even god..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just showed that he is a bad boy. Nothing more. As long as its not to provoke other parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    everyone make mistakes.......even god..
    lolwut

(15char.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That's the beauty of live television..

This event is broadcast in TV and internet, so you can not say even if the locals may not know it, then it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sianzism View Post
    i may be wrong here, but doesn't the tv producer have a choice not to show it to the world?

it was not captured live but shown as a replay.
    ..to a certain extent. That's one of the downside of a live television broadcast. Imagine if vulgar words were used/heard???..A tv producer does have a choice to edit/not show such clip, but then the broadcast will be delayed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 3 year old who's well taught would not even know what that meant, esp in Asian cultures. The parents also might not know what it meant if they're not much exposed to western culture (and I'm not joking).
    I was well in my late teens before I knew about what that gesture meant & I'm supposed to be english ed.
    i think it's futile to defend such an act. Are u saying kkk has a mental of 3 yr old too? Come on, he knows what it mean, that's what count.

If i swear at u in eskimo or danish but because u don't understand it, does that make it ok???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yonex is having a bad year. They are out of china team, korea team, not in the sudirman finals, and now, kkk (MAS) is cursing it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what he thinks of his NS9900 .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt say it's right, read again. You all can defend2 LD during the racket throwing incident, some more want to say2 in a smaller incident.
    Let's not get into a history class. There's no need to peel all the dirt, when I am talking about case A, you try to put case B in. Whether A is worse, or B is worse, that's NOT important. The important is, both are wrong.

Btw, I was referring LD taking hats off, not throwing rackets. So, no need to throw in more stuff which is clearly has NOTHING to do with this case. Maybe for once, LD is the good boy on the day.

Whether LD was an bad example in his incident, that's the past, and that's NOT the topic for this one. Lowering others, does not make yourself is right.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast