User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i think it's futile to defend such an act. Are u saying kkk has a mental of 3 yr old too? Come on, he knows what it mean, that's what count.

If i swear at u in eskimo or danish but because u don't understand it, does that make it ok???

That's exactly the point. He clearly knows what he's doing, and most of us clearly know what he's doing.

So, LD taking off the hat in the public sending a wrong message to the public (while, mostly only hosting nation), then Mr. Koo sending a message (whether to himself, the racket, the court, the public, LYB, whatever) is... hmmm...

As a public figure, he owns the public an explaination and an apology. Simply hiding behind, and pray that most of fans do not understand (or, refuse to understand) is a not a smart idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i think kkk/tbh does have a decent chance to beat fu/cai in the MD SC. After taking the first game, kkk weakness emerges again. In pemuda's words, he gone cocky. KKK and tbh played too casually in critical moments. Even gillian clarke took the words out of my mouth, it is 'criminal' to be so casual at the net ( KKK's foot flat on the mat, knees not bend to intercept an easy shot that went pass him. He was like standing up leisurely waiting at the food line)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i think it's futile to defend such an act. Are u saying kkk has a mental of 3 yr old too? Come on, he knows what it mean, that's what count.

If i swear at u in eskimo or danish but because u don't understand it, does that make it ok???
    That was NOT the main point, & 2X i clarified to LazyBuddy, I didnt say it was ok or right. It's you all interpret it so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

affected party should be Yonex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyGan View Post
    affected party should be Yonex.
    LOL...

Now I know why KKK "fingered" his Yonex racket... KKK must have been thinking about getting out of his Yonex sponsorship by giving his Yonex racket "the finger" in front of public television, then get the attention of Li-Ning by screaming like a b*tch every time he does an overhead shot.

Just imagine the next Li-Ning commerical...
    "Our rackets are better than Yonex, let's us show you what a professional badminton player's opinion on Yonex racket", then shows the famous KKK middle fingered his own Yonex racket. LOL
    Last edited by bananakid; 05-18-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Let's not get into a history class. There's no need to peel all the dirt, when I am talking about case A, you try to put case B in. Whether A is worse, or B is worse, that's NOT important. The important is, both are wrong.

Btw, I was referring LD taking hats off, not throwing rackets. So, no need to throw in more stuff which is clearly has NOTHING to do with this case. Maybe for once, LD is the good boy on the day.

Whether LD was an bad example in his incident, that's the past, and that's NOT the topic for this one. Lowering others, does not make yourself is right.
    Sigh, that was not the main point, once again you mis-interpret. The same as the other incidents, dont blow it out of porportion. LD fans can say that during those incidents...so....

And remember, you started the "LD taking hats off" thing 1st, and made long, long, paragraphs abt that and the racket throwing incident, etc . I was just explaining in reply(since you ask ppl to tell you why, why), and then you misinterpret some more.......some more rant, rant.

There're other incidents like stamping of shuttle, throwing temper, kicking umpire's podium(even the diciplined Korean MD did that bf), etc,etc, you all dont make a big fuss, just a few comments.... this one you want to make big fuss.
    (Unless of course Yonex wants to sue KKK for insulting their rackets)

And yet again, I didnt say it's ok or right make that gesture (it's you interpret it so). Just no need make super big fuss(the others already said or implied that). This is the 3rd thread talking abt it.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-18-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, do you mean if some region know it better than another, then such behavior is acceptable?

Guys, we all talked about how to introduce the sport to the entire world (mostly western nations) besides Asia, and now we put this like "oh, it's fine..."

So, if we say LD refuse to wear a hat, or slam his rackets put "a bad image to the sport", then we take the "finger" incident as no harm? Because it's in Asia?
    I simply replied was what you said below. This single part only. My opinion regarding the issue is the same with you...
    How can you be pretty sure, after all?
    I am pretty sure even a 3 years old who has well taught knows "it's wrong".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Sigh, that was not the main point, once again you mis-interpret. The same as the other incidents, dont blow it out of porportion. LD fans can say that during those incidents...so....

And remember, you started the "LD taking hats off" thing 1st, and made long, long, paragraphs abt that and the racket throwing incident, etc . I was just explaining in reply(since you ask ppl to tell you why, why), and then you misinterpret some more.......some more rant, rant.

There're other incidents like stamping of shuttle, throwing temper, kicking umpire's podium(even the diciplined Korean MD did that bf), etc,etc, you all dont make a big fuss, just a few comments.... this one you want to make big fuss.

And yet again, I didnt say it's ok or right make that gesture (it's you interpret it so). Just no need make super big fuss(the others already said or implied that). This is the 3rd thread talking abt it.
    I think you need to put on the brakes as I can see things are maybe getting a little heated.

The way I see it, it was wrong of KKK to initiate that middle finger. And as a badminton player representing the nation, KKK should have conducted himself a little better on court.

As a Malaysian, I was disappointed with KKK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh ! When did that incident happened?
    Did the umpire eventually fell off frm his chair?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    I simply replied was what you said below. This single part only. My opinion regarding the issue is the same with you...
    How can you be pretty sure, after all?

Seriously, does that really make a difference whether I used "3 years old", or "5 years old" or "10 years old" or even say "40 years old"? I was trying to say, "it's a common sense". Also, regardless what's the age factor, Koo clearly knows what he's doing.

Ok, my apology for using "3 years old". I will "upgrade" it to "15 years old" now. Does that take any responsibility off Koo's shoulder now? Or, people can stop picking my "common sense" rather than focus on this incident?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh, that was not the main point, once again you mis-interpret.
    Maybe I am over sensitive?

However, once I read the posts such as "oh, that sign is not well known in Asia", or "even 40 years old ppl do not know that sign", I immediately feel like someone is trying to make an excuse for the incident.

Well, I hope Koo can make a public apology, save the image for himself and the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I am over sensitive?

However, once I read the posts such as "oh, that sign is not well known in Asia", or "even 40 years old ppl do not know that sign", I immediately feel like someone is trying to make an excuse for the incident.

Well, I hope Koo can make a public apology, save the image for himself and the sport.
    However, too, mister...
    When I read some posts repeatedly mentioning LD taking off the hat incident again and again and again, dunno why, I feel like someone is trying to say, "Oh, compared to Koo's blatant action, what LD did was somewhat tolerable."

Well, maybe I'm over sensitive as well. Don't mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    Gosh ! When did that incident happened?
    Did the umpire eventually fell off frm his chair?
    I think they are referring to the 2008 all england mens doubles finals.

Where one of the koreans kicked the umpires chair and recieved a yellow card. Although I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    However, too, mister...
    When I read some posts repeatedly mentioning LD taking off the hat incident again and again and again, dunno why, I feel like someone is trying to say, "Oh, compared to Koo's blatant action, what LD did was somewhat tolerable."

Well, maybe I'm over sensitive as well. Don't mind.
    Actually, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

To my moral standard, I do believe taking a hat off in frustration, is much better than showing "the finger" in front live TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

To my moral standard, I do believe taking a hat off in frustration, is much better than showing "the finger" in front live TV.
    ... you know what, Buddy, there are many people here kept seeing things in double or even multiple and selective standard, and like to blow up (LD's fault) or play down (KKK's fault) with the so-called reasons made up according to their favourite, and still like to play God... this is what we call hypocritical... anyway, this is also human nature...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD slightly insulted a country/culture, while KKK severely insulted his racket. Which accident is more serious?

So, tell me why LD got bashed for 15 pages, when he put away the hat in MO? He was mad, but did not put his anger to anyone in that incident. Sure, back then, fans say "that will piss off the sponsorship, therefore, bring bad image to badminton".

So, tell me this sign will not let any sponsorship or fans (ok, say western only) think twice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

countryof cos........1 should respect the culture, religion & customs , human rigths

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast