User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    If ur legs are very strong? will tat give u additional powers for ur SMASHES and CLEARS( both backhand n forehand) too?I have seen players wif small arms but really strong legs! and technique is only avg but they can generate lots of power..any clue if the legs are contributing alot of it??
    Well having strong legs , means that you can get behind the shuttle , so having more time to implement a full powered shot.

Consider this :

If you have a very powerful smash , but always take the shuttle behind you - you can never implement the full power of your smash , because you will be off-balanced etc.

If you have an average smash , but can get to the shuttle quickly and behind it , then you can implement the full power of your smash most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemcat View Post
    Legs don't contribute power to your smashes and clears; your wrist does.

Having strong legs meaning you would be able to sustain long rallies in each game because you have the stamina to move around the court. However, that doesn't mean you can move infinitely because your footwork is also important. If you do not know how to move efficiently, doesn't matter if you have strong legs, you will get tired very soon.

Getting strong legs is not very difficult, simply do jogging, jumping ropes, and walking stairs will help you develop your legs. The difficult part is how to utilize those "weapons" in your game.
    sorry to say, but your legs and core are instrumental to a hard smash. i cant find the video right now, but there is a video on youtube by peter rasmussen showing in very good detail on how to smash properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_peanuts View Post
    sorry to say, but your legs and core are instrumental to a hard smash. i cant find the video right now, but there is a video on youtube by peter rasmussen showing in very good detail on how to smash properly.
    I think it is this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIbGK...om=PL&index=36

Last edited by krisss; 06-15-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisss View Post
    Well, if you mean jump smash, of course you need to have strong legs to jump high and get a steep angle. However, when you're talking about smash, I assume you're talking about normal ground-smash.

Personally, I think legs are to assist a jump smash, not to give you extra strength or power in smashing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2