Anybody saw Gunawan & Malaythong on Fox Sports Net?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AKFT, Sep 16, 2002.

1. AKFT

AKFT Regular Member

I caught a glimse of those 2 holding their rackets outside some sports complex on "The Best Damn Sportshow" Monday night. Did anybody else saw that? I completely missed what that was all about, but it was the first time I have seen badminton news on network TV!!

:)

2. sporty

sporty Regular Member

Student
    Didint see that, but saw them playing during Singapore Open 2002... Gunawan is really a matured player. MAlaythong is very lucky to have him as a partner, guess he really improves alot... =)

3. JesseC42

JesseC42 New Member

I caught the end of that show last week. It was Howard Bach and Tony Gunawan demonstrating badminton with Tom Arnold and John Sally who are hosts of the show. They had a court set up outside and talked about badminton and then hit around a bit. Kinda like a little novelty segment. At least they didn't make fun of badminton and took it seriously. When they rallied outside, it didn't really demonstrate badminton very well at all. They would have been better off showing a pre-recorded video clip with some good rallies. I don't think they will show it again since they don't do repeats of that show. It was still fun to be flipping through the channels and to see badminton in the US.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cool. it is great to see that they are trying to educate the public, and in an effective way too. :)