New Li Ning Clothing

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by HaoFung, May 18, 2009.

1. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

Just wondering if anyone saw or tried the new badminton clothing released by Li Ning. By now we should all know that the material is lightweight and absorb sweat which is different than the current dryfit clothing... but once the thing is soaked... doesnt the extra weight makes it worse?

2. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Its not worth getting... Just look at the Chinese National players wearing the LN jerseys at Sudirman Cup, horrible sweat absorbers it is not comfortable for players to wear. Good to stay away from it.

3. Gamerx

Gamerx Regular Member

Education
    Just take a look at the Lin Dan matches. He's like soaking wet!:D

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    whether LN's shirt is better or not can be debated in another thread. My puzzlement is, why don't the players change their LN shirts between games? I can't believe LN only supply 1 shirt to each player. Even non-playing chinese players were wearing LN shirts and jackets. Surely a dry shirt, of any brand or technology, is better than a soaking wet one.

5. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

i have Li Ning dry shirts and they are equal to Yonex's but if the company decided to use a new material that costs so much more... there must be something to them... im sure the sweat issue has been considered before

6. Gamerx

Gamerx Regular Member

Education
    That's really strange. Lin Dan hasn't changed even 1 time during the match. he was really sweating. Won't his sweat drip on the court? Or make himself heavier?

7. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

or have you considered mybe Li Ning specifically designed the shirt to be light weight and that lin dan doesnt feel it clinging to him ?

8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

perhaps LD just wanted to avoid to collective sighs echoing around the arena whenever he takes off his shirt. maybe it's a directive from XXF!

9. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

ROFL ^ true
    just too hot

10. Luka89

Luka89 Regular Member

Isn't it forbidden by the rules to switch shirt between the 1ste and 2nd set?

I thought its legal to change shirts between the 2nd and the 3rd.

11. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

really?
    that would be a strange rule if it were true.
    i don't see how changing your shirt after any set could be illegal, as long as you do it during the allocated time.

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

drip or no drip isn't the matter, basic thermodynamic principles still apply.
    If that LN design is superior, then LN sure out smarted the addidas, yonex, nike, fila, and other high end sport shirt makers because all the latter companies use technology like coolfit, dri-fit, coolmax, etc to do the opposite.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I think it's too early for us to say, as we only see it, but never actually feel it. We are basically judging something brand new, using our old standard.

Back then, my mom always suggest me to get "100% cotton" shirt for gym, as that's the only thing "comfortable", and won't cause any issue for me (as I have very sensitive skin, and used to have bad experience with poly.) However, after i bought a few new shirts (Yonex, SOTX, Tactic, etc), the new material actually impressed her a lot. No more crazy smelly shirt in the laundry room, compare to my old super soaked 100% cutton ones.

So, I guess we will wait and see, see how the actual user feel about the shirt. If they really feel the extra weight or limited movement, I am sure they can change a shirt in between sets, or at least, use a towel or so to soak up the water during breaks. :rolleyes:

14. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

for hockey, rebook had an issue with their new jerseys being too "cool" and not absorbing sweat which allowed it to drip all over the equipment

many players complained and they went back to their older design so i wouldnt be surprised if Li Ning decided to find something else

also when u are sweating that much... i dont see urself feeling the shirt anyway.. even some dryfit clothing stick to me after a certain point

15. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

I think we shall set mandatory rule to let all female players use LN shirts only from now on to prompt badminton.....hahaha :p

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

then common sense tells me that why not go all the way like the irainian women players, wear head scarf and pants to play as well. To assure no drips, one should wear LN pants, underwear and bras (for the ladies) to complete the no-drip theme wardrobe

#16 cooler, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  17. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    A little off the topic, but I was in Shanghai and went to the Li Ning clothing shop, mostly badminton. They had an advertisement which said the Li Ning sponsored and supplied the national team with everything. There as even a LD racket they selling which was tailored for him. I seriously doubt Yonex rackets would be replaced with Li Ning rackets though.

The clothes were very good looking and I got a jacket. I haven;t tried the shirts, but any lightweight holed shirt is good and lets the sweat escape.

18. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    My Adidas dry-Fit is doing me very well. I have yet to try Yonex's shirts. And I don't think I'll be trying LN anytime soon with LD's shower-look during the game.

19. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    Just because it looks drenched doesnt mean it feels uncomfortable.

Try and test it before you make any further comments. Has anyone heard the chinese players make a complaint yet??
    If so id like to see it.

20. OZCHINMAN

OZCHINMAN New Member

Architect
    Hey all,
    I just bought one this morning, now I am visiting China.(No, you cant get them here in Australia) The fabric of the clothe is super light and felt very soft. The moment I tried it on, I was surprised to notice how comfortable and cool it can be. I get the feeling that the clothe can reduce the heat from my skin.
    Tonight, I will be wearing it to play, I will give you guys a conclusion soon.