Strings suitable for MP100

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Bonn, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Bonn

Bonn Regular Member

Engineer
    I wonder which brand or type of string is most suitable for the MP100. I am currently using Gosen Roots B807 (0.68mm). It seems to be very good in returns but not smashing. I can see that all my smashes go everywhere and they don't come down sharp as compared to the MP77 that I borrowed from my friend.

Btw, the MP77 is strung with BG66 strings and they sure sounded nice when smashing and the returns are so much easier to control.

So anyone can advise on what is the most suitable string for the MP100? Say for control and smashing.

Thanks.

2. ivan

ivan Regular Member

Student
    This has been discuss for so many times, and I guess people are getting tired of answering this types of question. But anyway, try to search the topic which is the best string or the product review see what other people think about their favored strings. For instance, I change my string once a month, so I am not very favored in any string that has high price tag. BG 80, 85, 66 cheaper string provide what you seeking for. for higher grade string, try BG 88ti, a lot of ppl in luv with it although I don't have any experience with it, can't really command on it. Once again, try to search the fourm.

3. Bonn

Bonn Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the advise. I will try out the BG88Ti if I can find that in Singapore.

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

yeah, u should be able to find them there...and for a decent price....

If not, then try looking for the other three that ivan suggested...i guess you'll have to find out if you like them or not...but bg 88 ti is a favorite among many

5. modious

modious Regular Member

Yonex BG88Ti and Yonex Cyber Natural Gut (CBG100) aren't available in Singapore.....

Gosen BS807 is a pretty good string, similar to the Yonex CBG100 except that the BS807 is 0.68mm while CBG100 is 0.7mm thick. But it's not for power players. They're soft strings and usually more for control than power.

Players looking for power should go with the BG85 or BG68Ti. But note that BG68Ti is quite a slippery string! and the feeling when using it is also quite "dead".

BG88Ti is IMO the best. It's a very rough and sticky string which means your shots can go precisely where you want it to go usually. Control is excellent. It's also considered a power string and is durable too (0.69mm).

#5 modious, Sep 18, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2002