Victor BS09 Reviews?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BennyC, May 20, 2009.

1. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Alright so I have done some research around BC and have concluded that there was no consolidated review for the Victor BS09. All I have read were comparison's between the 08 and 09, which doesn't really help a lot considering the fact that many people have never even tried the 08.

So the point of this thread is to gather up as much info on just the BS09. Reviews + any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. In my view, an important factor ( for people who have tried or own the BS09) would be to compare with a yonex racket in terms of stiffness, overall weight, headheavy/headlight/Even balanced, since everyone is familiar with Yonex. If there are any additional info you may have, don't hesitate to leave a post =)

What I would like for BC members NOT TO DO is asking for comparisons to rackets, unless the person who gave a review forgot. I want to keep this strictly to just the BS09. If members keep asking about comparing the BS09 to X racket and Y racket, we will cause this topic to drift away.

We all know that Korea has just been sponsored by Victor, meaning there will be alot of questions regarding this racket ( because LYD is everyones hero :)). But lets just keep this Short, precise and simple.

2. deathscythe

deathscythe Regular Member

Corporate Services
    BS09 is a good racquet. It's quite difficult to find them here in KL. It's headlight, 88g (3u&4u available), long shaft, medium flex.

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    maybe you can give us some reviews on BS08. ;)

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

I am going to assume you are talking about the Bravesword 09 instead.:eek:
    If its head light, i think Imma go try it.:D

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    deathscythe has a BS08. and dont let me try it..... :crying:

6. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    BS09 is even balance...not headlight

7. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    When you say its medium stiff...like are you able to compare that with a racket or were you just reading what it said in catalogs LOL?

8. deathscythe

Corporate Services
    Ask ma....how wud i know your cup of tea like :cool:

9. deathscythe

Corporate Services
    Head is heavy but stable. Not feeling a lot of vibration & with the stiffness of the shaft it gives good control. Frame is solid. Overall i feel this racquet is more suitable for single gameplay.

10. deathscythe

Corporate Services
    oops...was looking at the wrong pg of the catalogue :p Sori

11. coolcat

coolcat Regular Member

manager
    BS09 is an all-rounder racket, it feels slightly heavy hence solid. For offensive players, they could consider the SW31 or 32.

12. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

bs-09 is abit lighter than 08....
    it's a good racket overall...
    head light..medium stiff...
    if someone like head heavy...can go for sw33 power or bs 08...

13. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Thank you too all who have contributed to this thread. Greatly appreciated =)

P.S. Keep those posts coming :p

14. deathscythe

Corporate Services
    A bit lighter? Possibly the impression is influenced by the weight tht are more foced on the head. By right it shud weigh the same unless u took BS09-4u as comparison.

15. hduong

hduong Regular Member

16. deathscythe

Corporate Services
    Well, it looks real to me. Not so sure if there are Victor counterfeit outside but I might be wrong

17. thambert

thambert Regular Member

Im mostly a doubles player n i love being the front man as i luv netting, tapping n some fast driving. Due to my preference, i have always liked my racquets to be headlight or at least balanced so that it allows faster reaction at the net n i dont stand at the back n smash too often.

one fine day, I decided to give bs09 a try since i have been seeing so many top pro doubles player using it. When i got it(4u, medium flex) with the original grip, it did felt slightly heavier n for a person like me who is so used to a headlight racket, it did feel quite head heavy as i swing it. I did feel that i might have bought the wrong racquet at first. I took it for a game with just a new grip over the original one n i was rather suprised. It didnt swing as heavy as i thought at all . Very stable hitting n best of all, very little vibration. Clears, lobs all done with ease n best of all, i actually felt comfortable being the back man n smashing with it! :D

the one little thing that bothered me was the reaction speed. I can block n defend easily with my other headlight racquets but with this racquet, i felt i was slightly slower n it might be due to the fact that its head heavy n im just too used to headlight racquets. so i decided to do some modifications to change the racquet balance to slightly more even balanced as what i do in my tennis. I taped some lead tape on the bare wooden handle of the racquet n experimented with different amounts of lead tape till i got the feel l like n have since been using this modified bs09 for like a month n feeling really satisfied :) some might want to wrap more overgrips instead of using lead tape to reduce the head heavyness( but grip size might become rather big) its up to u. For me i like to the grip size to be smaller so thats why i choose lead tape.

To similar guys like me who likes being the front man in doubles or like fast driving rallies n have been always using a headlight racquet, u can actually give BS09 a try. it will feel very rather head heavy at first but u can try some slight modifications like me. To sum it up, BS09 is a suprisingly good racquet that handles almost all areas rather well especially smash n driving and with the modifications i did, its has become one of my favourite racquet for my doubles games:D

p.s. whether the balance of the racquet is head heavy or head light or even balanced all really depends on the users themselves. Some strong guys used my unmodified bso9 n felt its head light. Hope to see more bs09 users come share their experience :)

18. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

hey thambert, which racquet did you use before the BS09? i tried out a 3U BS09 but didn't really like it because of the weight.

19. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    As a matter of fact, i just ordered 3 from that seller. he was extremely friendly, responsive and very professional. He guarantees authenticity. I should be receiving them some time next week. Will let you guys know how it goes.

20. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Whats wrong with the weight? A little on the light side?