New black knight racket reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shuttle-Cocck, May 21, 2009.

1. Shuttle-Cocck

Shuttle-Cocck New Member

University
    Hello all. I was just wondering if anyone has tried out the xenon, radon or photon pcv. I was considering switching from yonex to black knight. Also are there any black knight rackets similar to the arcsber 7/10? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks for responding

2. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Recently I've been trying out the Radon and it's topped my list of favourite BK racquets. It's a good racquet with a quicker swingspeed thanks to the aerodynamic frame shape, light enough for quick drives and doubles play, and heavy enough for power. Very good all around racquet. Probably close to an Arc10 although slightly lighter.

Photon is very light. Not something I could get used to myself. More like Arc7 or Nanospeed 7000/8000. However I know a few who used it and were really impressed with the amount of power they generated from such a light racquet.

3. Shuttle-Cocck

Shuttle-Cocck New Member

University
    Hmm. So your recommending the radon hey. Cool. What tension/strings are you using. I know a player that had one and he wasn't very impressed. Was the weighting strange or at all forign. Thanks.

4. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    I'm using Ashaway MicroLegend at 23lbs.

The weighting? Nope, it's probably even or slightly head heavy and pretty light. It might not be the weighting but the fact that the racquet seems to glide through the air quicker similar to AT800DE and AT900T. It took a few rallies to get used to but I really liked the maneuverability and control it gave me.

5. Shuttle-Cocck

Shuttle-Cocck New Member

University
    Hmm. Alright thanks a tonne. I'm off to the black knight rep I know to see if I can get any demos. I really appreciate all of your contribution.