User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    What specific rackets are your friends experiencing the problems with, the BLX or 'K' Factor range? Likewise, I read that the N-code series experienced a number of quality issues. Regarding Wilson's own badminton strings, as far as I know they are OEM. I have a pair of Wilson Elite 1000 court shoes which are amongst the best pair of badminton shoes I have worn. However, Sho's shoes, clothing and choice of string are supplied by Yonex.
    As far back as I can remember their rackets have been of questionable quality (but priced modestly) and have more QC-issues than most other competitors. from the n1/n2 days to the [K]-stuff to the BLX (basalt) stuff. Everything they do is OEM, not only the string.. They have no own factories for badminton rackets, shoes etc. and they OEM everything badminton-wise from different factories in China as far as i know. As you say Sho uses YY-clothing and shoes. It is a bit puzzling why he uses YY shoes though, most of the Jap national team uses yy-clothing and mizuno shoes, so I assume he signed something himself not partof the national-team sponsor-package?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    As far back as I can remember their rackets have been of questionable quality (but priced modestly) and have more QC-issues than most other competitors. from the n1/n2 days to the [K]-stuff to the BLX (basalt) stuff. Everything they do is OEM, not only the string.. They have no own factories for badminton rackets, shoes etc. and they OEM everything badminton-wise from different factories in China as far as i know. As you say Sho uses YY-clothing and shoes. It is a bit puzzling why he uses YY shoes though, most of the Jap national team uses yy-clothing and mizuno shoes, so I assume he signed something himself not partof the national-team sponsor-package?!?
    To reply this question as Japanese. I started badminton with Yonex racket at the age of junior high school. Almost surround me and I always use Yonex racket. Because shop in Japan almost 80% deal with YY racket. There are few other bland for ex Mizuno, Gosen. And teachers recommended YY coz high quality and safety. I heared then other racket sometimes accidentally broken. Still now I like YY because all of them made in Japan. I proud of Japanese goods. The other side, Mizuno and Assics are best sports shoes maker I think. Especially Mizuno makes special shoes for Japanese. Many Japanese have instep that more high than foreigner have wide foot than foreigner. Mizuno makes shoes for them. I dont know custom made or not. Not like other countries Japanese players are not professional. And they sholud not obey sponsers. They are not all sponsered. May be half sponsered. At the time of Yonex Open Japan their clothes all given by Yonex. But they can choose racket and shoes they choice. Racket and shoes are more serious matter than clothes to play better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what string Sho currently using? I know he uses Wilson rackets but I highly doubt he uses their string. Maybe Nanogy 95 or 98 judging by the gold colour?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to acknowledge Sho Sasaki as the most amazing late bloomer, starting literally at the age of 27(?), a phenomenon. For this , I salute him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sho Sasaki's form has been patchy lately from just before the Oylmpics. Hope to see him surge again as only late bloomers can. He might be the new Peter Gade who's retired i.e. from late bloomer (which Peter wasn't) to Mr Longevity as well, almost unheard of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess we won't see Sasaki in the super series finals.
    This just popped up from Vittinghus' official facebook page:

Great news! Just been invited to participate in the Super Series Finals in Shenzhen next month! I ended the year as no. 10 on the ranking list, but with 3 Chinese players in front of me and a withdrawal from Sho Sasaki I'm next in line to play. I'm obviously very excited to play this event for the first time in my career even though another long trip to China isn't exactly what I was looking forward to... But given these circumstances I think I can deal with it :-) Wohoo!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why Sasaki wasn't there...

http://youtu.be/ieF4UAzw_aU

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4