Routine help

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Khameleon, May 22, 2009.

1. Khameleon

Khameleon New Member

Hey I'm 14, second year badminton player, mostly play doubles but would like to play both.

This is all i have access to:
    -A regulation size soccer field
    -Area to do pushups and situps

Its a 2km jog to the soccer field anyway, uphill so that should help a bit with the legs too.

Id like to know what I can work on with those things provided, how it would help me, and if possible, what order to do them in.

Another thing is I skip breakfast a lot, I'm guessing it will help with my nutrition and help to build muscle easier if I start eating well hehe.

Thanks in advance,
    -Scott

2. Khameleon

Khameleon New Member

sorry, forgot to post details:
    build: lean muscle
    height: 5'9

3. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

How much do you weigh exactly? You're still at an age where you won't see significant gain in muscle if you start working out, so I'd avoid that. You can definitely increase your stamina by doing the jog to the soccer field and a few laps there, try to go for 30-60mins of cardio: warm up with jumping jacks and stretches and then start the jog. During that time period sprint as fast as you can for at least a min and do it in intervals, don't just straight jog. For example at the soccer field, you can sprint the straightaways and then slow down around the corners, and do that for 2-3 laps. Try for 3-4 times a week (every other day). As for the push ups if you do them with your palms on the floor/ground then try to at least do them on grass or something soft (bad for the joints). I'd say if anything, you should be ok with working cardio right now, try to gain some mass in the next few years (overall mass) and then start working out when you're older to gain more muscle. Eat lots. haha good luck. I'm sure someone else can provide you with more info on the push ups and sit ups.

Another example is the push up and sit up test, do as many pushups as you can in one minute and as many situps as you can in 2 minutes.

4. Khameleon

Khameleon New Member

oh beleive me, i eat a lot.
    i weigh about 130-135 right now, I have quite a bit of muscle on me, but im not like, built hard.

5. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    you must be skinny if that' in lb, 5'9" and only 135 lb. Omg 2 years ago i was 145 lb, and i'm only 5'4", and please I'm not fat. Now getting weak because of lacking in eating and lazy of exercise i lost weight. I went down on 135, and then eat a little bit back and start back with badminton gain back for like 140 now, but still feel weak. Because still not eating right. Sadly living by myself, can't cook, don't want to eat fast food too much, restaurant just too expensive to me. And the worst is sleep too much, get lazy on go out and eat after waking up so only eat around 2 small meals a day. =(

but seriously you dude are consider as under weight

6. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Me worst ...
    I only skip my training and exercise for a month then feel very weak ..
    From like last few month(s) or week(s) , I only eat once a day ...

Lucky I start back my training and exercise ... But I reduse my exercise and muscular training ..
    Im hoping that my grandma when he come back to my home(after he went to beirut) this sunday(not today , today my birtday hihi) , he'll make delicious food like ussual ... Then can get energy back to do muscular training ...

7. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    This is what my friend suggested me to do for 1~2 times a week. To start off and build your way up slowly. First do, 4 laps of jogging (as a warm up) and build on that if you're ready. Then, do 4 laps of backward-jogging (helps with your quads which you will need), and lastly, do 4 laps of mad dashing where for every 50m you switch from spirit to jog and so on. I have trying to push myself doing that, it's showing signs of improvements. Hope it helps. If you feel its too much cut it a bit

8. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Almost 6 feet and 140lbs ish over here....

@ the OP: Try practising footwork at the field, if you already have the technique down, to increase efficiency and endurance. pretty much, you have a lot of time to work on your legs, and then you can catch up with racquet skills later.

9. William86_98

William86_98 Regular Member

Student
    hey scott,

in terms of fitness and speed, you will find the quickest improvement if you do interval training. google it..and then set up a program that works for you. too many muscles isn't good for badminton either...u just need to have the right ones.