User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    I know about sweet spot gonna gives you the crisp sound, but I do still think if you have a tighter tension it give you a BETTER sound =)
    I don't know, I found that after i put 30 or 31 lbs on mine.

and by the way, it is depend on the measurement, yea i know the ideal of tension is 19 - 24, and of course u able to do that sound. But where i restring, they said oh no our machine 22 lb is low, if you want tight you must get 27
    and then there's very tight 31 =)
    and that's when i broke my racquet =(
    It just that it had a crack already, and i left it in the hot car for like weeks

again this is just personal opinion, I might be wrong.
    hmmm I really don't know why most people like to string their rackets with such high tension. I hope you all know that the tighter the tension, the more power you have to exert to achieve the speed and acceleration you would if you were to string them at lower tensions. Sure... the cracking sound when you smash is louder... but what's the use of the cracking sound anyway? if your intention is to surprise your opponents... just shout "wachaa!!" when you smash and it'll do the same damage, haha =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks spartan i found many errors in the way i smash, i think the one major problem i have now is as you've mentioned location of impact not on the racket but in the air, i tend to wait til the bird comes down closer assuring i won't miss, maybe this is actually why i feel the power from my swing just kind of not show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by herk123 View Post
    thanks spartan i found many errors in the way i smash, i think the one major problem i have now is as you've mentioned location of impact not on the racket but in the air, i tend to wait til the bird comes down closer assuring i won't miss, maybe this is actually why i feel the power from my swing just kind of not show.
    right... your arm and elbow need to be as extended as possible to get more power from your swing =) but remember... dont grip it too tight and dont let your wrist be stiff... just flick it down powerfully while you impact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can do back-court clear and front-court half-smash nicely, it shouldn't prove any difficulty doing power smash.

Also, notice the position of the shuttle next time you smash. It should be in front and above you, and not directly above you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2