User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aa777 View Post
    thank you very much chunkwok for sharing those personal experience. i will have a go with Yang Yang 99a as well. also, i will try the speed test as well to see is it worth continue using Yang Yang.
    I'm not sure what you expect to get out of the speed test in determining the quality of the shuttle.

Hall temperature & humidity effects air density which changes how far the shuttle flys. You just select the speed of your shuttle to adjust for it.
    Tournaments normally start the day with a chosen Pro testing 3 speeds of shuttle. Whichever falls closest to the service line is normally used for the rest of the day. It doesn't mean that the other two speeds are poor quality.

Normally a new shuttle fresh out of the tube is always going to fly well & it's really the durability of the feathers that your paying for.

Snowpeak shuttles do have a good reputation around the West London area as a lot of clubs were buying them from Wembley sports. When Wembley sports shut down a lot of clubs in my area have struggled to find a comparable shuttle. Our club settled on Yehlex shuttles & they have impressed visiting clubs during our matches, I know a few other clubs are now using them.

Amir has resurrected Snowpeak distribution & they're now available again in the UK. Best of luck to him & thanks for giving us the option.

P.S. I'm not associated with Yehlex or Snowpeak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coachgary View Post
    How much are your snowpeak shuttles Mr.G?

I run a junior club and senior and would be interested in purchasing some.

Would you consider sending a sample?
    could u email me on aamir15@btinternet.com , you can check out the shuttles on snowpeakbadminton.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course speed test is very important. That is why they do this before every tournament. Altitude has the greatest effect on shuttle speed. Temperatures and humidity have minimal effect of about one speed range. Discounting altitude, a hall within 22 degrees C to 29 degrees C will find speed 77 acceptable. A temperature lower than 22 degrees C to say 15 degrees C should use speed 78. A temperature higher than 30 degrees C and high humidity will find speed 76 better.
    With the above guidelines, you can then determine the quality of the shuttles by doing the shuttle speed test. Different brands of shuttles of the same speed can then be evaluated for their real quality with the shuttle speed test. Those that make it are good quality; those that don't are not so good; and those that fall well short are training shuttlecocks. You can further determine which of those that pass the speed test are the better ones. Shuttles that weigh less are of much higher quality than those that weigh more, assuming both pass the speed test and travel similar distances. In the latter case it is the lift quality of the feathers that is the key.
    Besides the above which does not cover durability, there is also the issue of durability. In general more expensive shuttlecocks, both duck and goose feathers, are more durable because of the use of natural resin as glue. At the highest quality level goose feathers have an edge over duck feathers on durability. But a high quality duck feather shuttlecock using natural resin as glue will outlass a grade B goose feather shuttle using chemical glue.
    Lower grade goose feathers shuttlecocks use thick feathers and they seem to be more fragile than their thinner feathers goose brothers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up speed test on Yang Yang 99A

i have use the speed test that taneepak suggested on Yang Yang 99A. and it really fly from the base line of my side to the other base line. i think i will try to contact the Yang Yang distributor of Uk to order a large quantity for my club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RCL shuttlecock

I suggest your guys try out RCL Classis gold shuttlecoock.

At the moment is cost 12.80 pertube

minimun order is 25 tubes

it is really good for value of money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recently i have use the victor on Wednesday, the one that i am using is top of the range. and i have high expectation of it. however, the feather break when we have a few big hit. very disappointed. the durability is even worst than JinQue 103 or Yang Yang 2000B. very disappointed. don't try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rcl

try some rcl

you can get it in badminton4u.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a dozen Sotx BB101 Speed 78 recently and found them too fast. Using the shuttle speed test (underarm clear), all the shuttles landed in the back tram lines! The hall that we play in is hot and humid in the summer, perhaps we should wait till winter?
    I really would hate to waste the shuttles since we paid quite a lot for them. I have tried tipping the shuttles to slow them down but I know that shuttles that have been tipped do not last very long. Help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default snow peak Shuttle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At my club we normally use Yonex AS50. However with these now costing £20/tube (in bulk) we have been looking for alternatives.
    After we finish our current stock of AS50 we may switch (subject to a club vote) to Yehlex Premiership @ £14/tube. The Yehlex seem to perfrom and last almost as well as the AS50 but at 2/3 the price.
    For the summer (when we have no league matches) we have been using Ashaway Red Torunament 10 @£8/tube. These fly well enough, but do not last as long as the AS50. However they do work out cheaper than the AS50 especially during club play which is not quite as intensive as a match.
    In summary:
    Yonex AS50 - £20/tube - ~8 shuttles per club session
    Yehlex Premiership - £14/tube - upto 12 shuttles per club session
    Ashaway Red T10 - £8/tube - 12 to 16 shuttles per club session
    (These are approximate usage during our summer season. During match season we use more shuttles)

All our shuttles are steamed at least 48 hrs before use.
    Last edited by Tomsk; 07-24-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think u used snow peak cos then u will most likely change your mind, the yehlex could never last as well as the AS50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steaming effect the flight of the shuttle it slows down and dont have the same touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are interested I am selling some chinese shuttles that are used for a few city tournaments and clubs around the GuangDong Province where most badminton shuttles are made.

I have two types one is called WECAN and the other is IES which are both around the same quality both have quite good durability, probably around AS20 - AS30 standard.

Its quite sad to see these brands in china not being distributed out, I found out about them through friends bringing it over to UK for me, they are surprisingly good as well! I am pushing these shuttles to clubs around lancashire since the shuttle prices are flying so high everyone is trying to find an alternative.

If you interested you can buy a tube from me for 12 GBP to test, if you buy in bulk, 30 tubes I can give sell them for 11 GBP a tube and 100 tubes I can do 10 GBP.

Anymore questions you can give me a msg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'I found out about them through friends bringing it over to UK for me, they are surprisingly good as well! I am pushing these shuttles to clubs around lancashire'

Over statement here?! Which club within Lancashire do you supply to? I would of heard of you, the shuttle brand and without a doubt seen a tube if you were supplying within Lancashire clubs. We hold the highest percentage for supplying clubs and I know those who don't purchase off us; by only direct from Yehlex or Inflight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'We hold the highest percentage for supplying clubs' where? in Lancashire?

those who don't purchase off us; by only direct from Yehlex or Inflight Is that because you dont sell Yehlex or Inflight?

I've had a look at your website, you dont list/sell any Yonex Shuttles. Or Yonex Rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inflight and Yehlex don't distribute to trade, they only supply direct to public.

We do indeed hold the highest single supplier percentage within Lancashire, considering the rest are spread across many online merchants, Cramp, Pyramid, Central, Millets, Direct E ... etc etc....

Regarding Yonex shuttles, there's not much market for them really considering the high increments per annum; and the fact that the biggest online merchant stores compiled a single collective order which bought down the price per dozen or the AS ranges, mainly the AS-30's, thus giving customers a relatively 'good' price... which we cannot compete with.

We don't list anything Yonex as it's still early days and considering we do not have bricks and mortar, most trade account applications have been rejected.

Not quite sure what you were asking, perhaps you are merely debating or?

Anything else Alom?

P.S I actually tried to delete the above post, as it's found 'aikakira' is a good friend, although I didn't know this at the time when I decided to 'butt' in and post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to Inflight, I haven’t tried to purchase them via a trader. But I have purchased Yehlex from an online store. I haven’t tried to buy that direct yet.

‘highest single supplier percentage within Lancashire’. Oh ok, because most of the clubs that I play for/at order online from various other online companies. I’ll pass your details and see if you could match or even beat the price.

I understand your predicament regarding ordering huge bulk of Yonex shuttles. Prices are extremely high and don’t go down until you order a massive amount. Yeah, as its early days, am sure in the future you will find a lot of people who would want to order Yonex. At least the AS30 for practice

The reason why I was asking is because I have heard of Flyde Sports before and was wondering why the clubs that I play for/at did not order from Flyde. And you mentioned that you ‘hold the highest percentage for supplying clubs'. And that made it even a bigger puzzle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast