Best tension and string for Carbonex 880

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by May, Feb 18, 2001.

1. May

May Guest

Any ideas?

2. Richard

Richard Guest

Try 22 or 23 lbs with BG 80 or 85. Don't string it at 25 lbs.
    It will bend out of shape.

3. May

May Guest

Thanx.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Actually...
    You must take into consideration your own strength when stringing your racquet.
    If you're crazy like me, and have a wickedly strong arm, and wrist, then you definitely would want to take advantage of a higher stringing recommendation such as those offered by Richard.
    HOWEVER, if you're still starting out, and being trained, I suggest a more comfortable range around 18-20 lbs, because the elasticity will still be there in the strings, thus giving you more "pop" to your shots, and giving you that extra bit of power you may need. Stringing your racquet too tight is not recommended at all...
    think of it from the point of view of a Ping Pong paddle.
    You have a hard flat piece of wood.
    Try hitting the shuttle with it... what? it doesn't go very far? That's because there is no repulsion coming from the racquet face itself. In order to achieve maximum power each player needs different tensions on their racquets.
    now think of a bow and arrow. look how far the arrow flies when people take a shot. Do you think that sort of power comes from the string being too loose? no, again it would offer no resistance, and repulsion power would also be zero.
    The fact that they tightened that string on the bow, gives it more repulsion power when they pull the arrow back.... so your racquet head as the bow, when you take your swing at the shuttle, its like you're pulling back on the bow string; now when you make contact with the shuttle, it's like releasing the arrow from the bow, and poof, it's gone like a rocket. Correct?
    Now again if that bow string was tightened so much, that the archer could not pull back on it... how far do you think that arrow would fly? I'll tell you the archer could throw the arrow further hehe.
    Anyways... back to the point... 18x20 lbs, maximum 20x22lbs, if you also get it too tight, the string will definitely not be as durable as it was meant to be, and unless you can afford to string racquets every week, then go ahead and string as tight as the aforementioned tension, just listen to some of my advice, and give it a try... you wont be disappointed.May wrote:
    >
    > Any ideas?