User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 23
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hafiz Hashim lost to back-up player

    Hafiz Hashim has done it again. He has just sufferred a shock defeat to Liew Darren, a back-up player in the Pahang Open 2nd round. The unpredictable Liew Darren went on to lose another back-up player Chan Kwong Beng in the QF.
    Such is the situation in Malaysia where inconsistency is so consistent with regards to both the senior and back-up players except for a few players.
    Needless to say it will be very dificult for Malaysia to win team events.
    I just hope that Hendrawan can do something to rectify the situation.




  2. #2
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,001
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    I just hope that Hendrawan can do something to rectify the situation.



    yeah. fire him.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's the big deal? We all just saw LD lost to CL.

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Hafiz Hashim has done it again. He has just sufferred a shock defeat to Liew Darren, a back-up player in the Pahang Open 2nd round. The unpredictable Liew Darren went on to lose another back-up player Chan Kwong Beng in the QF.
    Such is the situation in Malaysia where inconsistency is so consistent with regards to both the senior and back-up players except for a few players.
    Needless to say it will be very dificult for Malaysia to win team events.
    I just hope that Hendrawan can do something to rectify the situation.




  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,052
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    <yawn> And one of the back up, CKB beat uncle Roslin Hashim in straight sets to reach finals. CKB will of course be vs LCW.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,779
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sure it's been done to give the backup players some moral encouragement.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Isn't HH is now a backup player anyway?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he lost to liew daren also,last year gp national final
    not a big deal.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    everyone has bad days lol get over it and praise the younger players for pulling off a good achievement. After all they are the future of the sport.

  9. #9
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,964
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no big deal at all though.
    not a surprise for me.

  10. #10
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dont make a fuss on these stuffs. Why dont we give praises for those who did well instead of focus on the negatives?

    " Daren Liew made impact or something "...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Dont make a fuss on these stuffs. Why dont we give praises for those who did well instead of focus on the negatives?

    " Daren Liew made impact or something "...

    __________________________________________________ _____________

    No one is being negative on Liew Darren.
    We are saying he is not consistent.
    One day he can beat a senior player and the next he loses to a junior who is not even considered for selection to senior ranking.
    This is the MBA's dilemma. Susah lah!





    __________________________________________________ ___________

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    __________________________________________________ _____________

    No one is being negative on Liew Darren.
    We are saying he is not consistent.
    One day he can beat a senior player and the next he loses to a junior who is not even considered for selection to senior ranking.
    This is the MBA's dilemma. Susah lah!





    __________________________________________________ ___________
    he lost to someone that have beaten hafiz brother and enter final,still have problem?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,052
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Or one can say he caught some of Hafiz's yoyo bug . Anyway, it's not new, not surprising. One back-up is up, the other down, or stagnant, like taking turns. This time is CKB's turn to shine

    We shall see in International tourneys if they can still maintain.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-29-2009 at 08:52 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is HH on the down hill slope...? or the Back up( LDR) on the up hill trend...?

    I personally hope it was ...LDR on the up hill trend and to beat players like HH, RH and KBH some more in future! As for HH i dont really care...!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Or one can say he caught some of Hafiz's yoyo bug . Anyway, it's not new, not surprising. One back-up is up, the other down, or stagnant, like taking turns. This time is CKB's turn to shine

    We shall see in International tourneys if they can still maintain.
    Exactly,.......Helang, same here......sometimes quite frustrating......right..?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    <yawn> And one of the back up, CKB beat uncle Roslin Hashim in straight sets to reach finals. CKB will of course be vs LCW.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

    LCW beat CKB as expected. He toyed with the back-up player and won 21-11, 21-19.
    In the 2nd game, CKB led at 6-2 and 18-16 and yet CKB could'nt stretch LCW for a rubber game.
    LCW said that his priority is on the international tournaments and the Pahang Open was a good warm-up for the Singapore Open in June.



    __________________________________________________ ______________

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,052
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [quote=skchen;1177160]_
    ...In the 2nd game, CKB led at 6-2 and 18-16 and yet CKB could'nt stretch LCW for a rubber game.
    LCW said that his priority is on the international tournaments and the Pahang Open was a good warm-up for the Singapore Open in June.
    ......

    _
    The Star reported CKB as saying that LCW gave him chance, didnt kill him(CKB) off quickly, that's why . Or CKB got too much respect for his senior. Anyway, good for CKB, he's been stagnant since end 2007.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...291&sec=sports

    In Johor, was Arif, at National GP Finals was CWF, now CKB, next......

    But as usual, none of the current players, young or not so young, are able to somewhat stretch LCW. The only time someone else won the local tourney was when LCW didnt participate - Penang Open where Roslin won.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hafiz Hashim: A new chapter after leaving BAM
    By jimbo in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 159
    : 02-22-2014, 03:30 AM
  2. Hafiz Hashim Racquet?
    By lilyaks in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 10
    : 05-14-2010, 09:14 PM
  3. Muhammed Hafiz Hashim
    By dylle in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2009
    Replies: 40
    : 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM
  4. Hafiz Hashim spokesperson for Nivea
    By ixory in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
  5. Roslin Hashim vs Hafiz Hashim
    By Rohly in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 04-05-2003, 11:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •