yang yang nanosensation 100 - I want a light, powerful racket with good feel

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kirbosmash, May 29, 2009.

1. kirbosmash

kirbosmash Regular Member

Title says it, I"m looking for a light and powerful racket - preferably even balanced, I"m into doubles play now.

I looked into the Nanosensation 100 and saw that it "hits like a hand" (paraphrased from a review on www.badmintonalley.com). That seems interesting but I do not want "rumble" - a small poof would be great, I want to enjoy hitting the birdie more.

I used to use my wrist a lot, as "recommended" but then it hurt my arm. I"m beginning to switch over to a lot of arm play for smashes - quick arm play - of course not power arm, I don't want to break my shoulder.

That said, I'm not switching necessarily to flexible. I basically want light and powerful - cheap, I have not found light and powerful from yonex (even balanced).

Pop goes the birdie.

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

try the AT600. it feels really light and has good power as well. the yang yang NS90 is another choice as well. it has a good feel imo.

3. kirbosmash

I am biased against buying another Yonex racket, as I have purchasec many of their high end rackets already - Armortec 900 power, Arcsaber 7. Call me stuck-up or spoiled or whatever, but i don't really get the difference between the Armortec 900 power and the Armortec 600.

Just kidding - I do have those rackets, but please disregard the stuck up part =)
    I would like you to elaborate on the AT600 and Yonex in general - do the different racket variations, like AT ?? as compared to another armortec vary in specs? If so, why couldn't Yonex have changed the brand name of the racket to make it more obvious? (my newest addition to Yonex disses, although I probably am going to be using the Arc 7 for the time being <--- I"m so lame)

As for the NS90 - I am under the impression that it is the same as the NS100 except without kevlar, shouldn't it feel the same but just be less durable?

p.s. Thanks jymbalaya for all your comments.

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i have not played with the Nano Sensation 100, therefore i could not compare. But the Nano 90 was a good racket, even balance ish, with good power/ control for me. however, i realize that you are trying to incorporate more arm, and this racket may not be as ideal.

as for durability, i can't say, i break rackets a lot.:eek:

5. kirbosmash

now I"m interested in the Black Knight Power Channel PC-20.

light, enlarged sweet spot - advertising scheme says it has most power.