elbow pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by angelus_2012, Sep 20, 2002.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

i've been having elbow pains after a while of playing badminton.... my racket is quite heavy , 105 grams. the type is a 3U/2U.. i've been having these pains each time i play badminton. what is the cause of the problem? is it my racket's weight? if it is, please recommend a suitable racket for me.. i'm the type who loves to smash. anyway, what can i do before or while playing to reduce this pain...? thanks so much

2. jsevalle

jsevalle Regular Member

student
    Must be Tennis Elbow, the string tension and the stiffness of the racket has something to do with it

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You need to be a little more specific aboout where exactly you get the pain and what brings on the pain.

However, it might be overuse injury. If you like to smash a lot and full power all the time then this can bring it on.

Smashing full power at every opportunity is not tactically sound. Watch some videos of top doubles and you can see even they do not use full strength on every smash.

Sometimes they use 70% power in order to vary the game pace.

Suggest mixing up your game with a few drops and 70% smashes and really waiting for the good opportunities for full power smash. That might help your elbow pain. Let us know if this helps.

4. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    could it be your technique is wrong

5. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

yeah...that's what i thought chia..if your technique is correct/fairly well...you shouldn't get tennis elbow