User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    Has anyone used RCL Platinium Gold tournament grade shuttlecock? Just got 1 tube from JB which cost RM57.
    After you try possible to provide some feedback and compare with RSL Supreme?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Louislkw View Post
    After you try possible to provide some feedback and compare with RSL Supreme?
    I am expecting it to last for 2.5 games and the used one can be used for warm up. Never tested RCL Supreme. The only RCL models I tested was RCL millennium last year. Will provide some feedback with benchmark to millennium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is RCL Platinium Gold == RCL Gold?

I bought a tube of RCL Gold at S$25 for my Saturday session. One bird for one set of men's doubles. The bird can't "fly" anymore in the second set.

I may be looking at RCL No. 1 for my next session, which is apparently the number one model in the RCL series according to the feedbacks from this thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tenggk View Post
    Is RCL Platinium Gold == RCL Gold?

I bought a tube of RCL Gold at S$25 for my Saturday session. One bird for one set of men's doubles. The bird can't "fly" anymore in the second set.

I may be looking at RCL No. 1 for my next session, which is apparently the number one model in the RCL series according to the feedbacks from this thread.

Both are different models. I saw RCL Gold selling at around RM50. Where the Platinium Gold cost RM57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many model, it gets confusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RCL No.1 very expensive, S$35 a tube..

There are same grade of shuttlecock but with different packaging..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you just reminded me about the pricing. I can get it at S$33 but it's still expensive.

RCL No.1 very expensive, S$35 a tube..

There are same grade of shuttlecock but with different packaging..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you just reminded me about the pricing. I can get it at S$33 but it's still expensive.
    S$33??? Hehe..

That would be same price for Yonex AS40. Provide some comment on this No.1 shuttlecock compare to Yonex AS40. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! That's what I meant. I may have to look to venture into other brands that I have yet to try for this week's session.

S$33??? Hehe..

That would be same price for Yonex AS40. Provide some comment on this No.1 shuttlecock compare to Yonex AS40. Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am expecting it to last for 2.5 games and the used one can be used for warm up. Never tested RCL Supreme. The only RCL models I tested was RCL millennium last year. Will provide some feedback with benchmark to millennium.

Today managed to used 5pcs of RCL Platinium Gold(RM57) and 4 pcs of Fleet 2002(RM54) for a solid 3 hours games with mainly intermediate players and 1 advance player. Plenty of hard smashing and back to back played. To my surprise, RCL Platinium Gold last 2 set of games but none can be reused for next session warm up. The speed for the 2nd set slowed down but still acceptable for my team. Where as for Fleet 2002, it last 2 games as well and 1 out the 4 pcs can be used for warm up next session. IMO, RCL shuttlecock quality has dropped as compare to RCL millennium a year ago. I would not recommend RCL Platinium Gold for pple that looking for shuttle that can last 2 games and yet can use for warmup next session.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today managed to used 5pcs of RCL Platinium Gold(RM57) and 4 pcs of Fleet 2002(RM54) for a solid 3 hours games with mainly intermediate players and 1 advance player. Plenty of hard smashing and back to back played. To my surprise, RCL Platinium Gold last 2 set of games but none can be reused for next session warm up. The speed for the 2nd set slowed down but still acceptable for my team. Where as for Fleet 2002, it last 2 games as well and 1 out the 4 pcs can be used for warm up next session. IMO, RCL shuttlecock quality has dropped as compare to RCL millennium a year ago. I would not recommend RCL Platinium Gold for pple that looking for shuttle that can last 2 games and yet can use for warmup next session.

BTW, I just found that out of the 5pcs of RCL Platinium Gold shuttle, 2pcs used 2 layers cork (PU + soft compress wood) and the remaining 3pcs used 3 layers cork ( cork + PU + cork). CHEAP & CHEAT...
    Last edited by hola4; 10-04-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really understand this but I assume the 2 layers cork is better? What should a top notch cork comprises of?

BTW, I just found that out of the 5pcs of RCL Platinium Gold shuttle, 2pcs used 2 layers cork (PU + soft compress wood) and the remaining 3pcs used 3 layers cork ( cork + PU + cork). CHEAP & CHEAT...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really understand this but I assume the 2 layers cork is better? What should a top notch cork comprises of?

That depend on the materials used for different layers. If the 2 layers used are natural cork(like AS40 & AS50) then it is a better cork. A cheaper way of 2 layer corks is using made man artificial cork(PU) and soft compress wood. The top grade cork is a full piece nautural Portugal cork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. I noticed MB Sports does display the cork used - Mach 02 was 3 layered?

That depend on the materials used for different layers. If the 2 layers used are natural cork(like AS40 & AS50) then it is a better cork. A cheaper way of 2 layer corks is using made man artificial cork(PU) and soft compress wood. The top grade cork is a full piece nautural Portugal cork.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. I noticed MB Sports does display the cork used - Mach 02 was 3 layered?

Yes. The Mach 02 was 3 layer corks (cork + PU + cork) same as Protech -PT10. BTW, when I mean CHEAP mean the 2 layers corks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info once again.

Yes. The Mach 02 was 3 layer corks (cork + PU + cork) same as Protech -PT10. BTW, when I mean CHEAP mean the 2 layers corks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can you feel the difference when you play?

I have used RCL Platinium Gold before (now using RCL other models), I don't feel much difference from 1 shuttle to another shuttle when I play, so to me they are still some good shuttles. Other than like what you said...cheaper cork....when you play, can you feel the difference or the difference is very minimal?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast