Places to play in Calgary

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Smashing_sandy, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Smashing_sandy

Smashing_sandy New Member

Hello All,

I will be in Calgary from June 07 thru June 12. Any place where I can drop in the either Sunday or the Weekdays evening for some good badminton.

My level fluctuates from Intermediate to Advanced (depending on my mood) and more so on the quality of the opponents.

While playing in Vancouver (Clear 2), I had met a person who plays in Calgary Winter Club and he had recommended the club to me, I would highly appreciate if any one could sign up me as your guest, I will do my best not to disappoint you in the game.

cheers

2. 0bito

0bito Regular Member

Student
    I know Mount Royal College has badminton on Sundays from 4pm-8pm. Drop in is about $10. I do not go every week, so I am not sure if it is open this sunday, but there are a lot of good players, and a lot of courts.

3. Smashing_sandy

Smashing_sandy New Member

Trip Report

Thanks 0bito,

I could not make it to the Mount Royal College but I went to Talisman Centre. On Sunday evening the level was Beginner/recreational:crying:.

If there is any place in Calgary where some serious folks play on weekdays it would be pretty helpful.

BTW, I am heading to Vancouver this weekend, so I plan to catch up.

Thanks again
    Smashing_Sandy

4. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    aw wish i would have read this and known that you would have been in town, well hope that you didnt get completly dissapointed while you were in calgary.