User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with HaHa a bit , but not completeley.

I think that you should find a racket that suits you - but instead of everyone complaining about the racket - work on their skills...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi K,
    Let me know if my interpretation of your post right.
    It is not the size of your tool. It is how you use it. You need to hit the right place and has the endurance for last right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Dint Ask For A Perfect Racquet For Me. I Am Just Asking How U Choose It So It Would Give Me Some Idea On Wad To Buy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy lots and lots of different rackets xD. I have 10+ rackets from different brands and I have found the racket I love and suitable for my style of playing. Kason Carvel U3 ($45) is the one. That racket, to me, is the most flexible and lightest racket I have ever use. It's weird really because I have Nanospeed 7000, Carbonex 30MP and many other cost double or even triple the Kason, but still I feel my Kason is the fittest to my playing style. It's not the racket that make you a good player, but the player itself.
    Although even if I have found my perfect racket, I can't stop to think of buying the new racket to try them out xD. My poor wallet is crying T_T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neogenesus View Post
    Buy lots and lots of different rackets xD. I have 10+ rackets from different brands and I have found the racket I love and suitable for my style of playing. Kason Carvel U3 ($45) is the one. That racket, to me, is the most flexible and lightest racket I have ever use. It's weird really because I have Nanospeed 7000, Carbonex 30MP and many other cost double or even triple the Kason, but still I feel my Kason is the fittest to my playing style. It's not the racket that make you a good player, but the player itself.
    Although even if I have found my perfect racket, I can't stop to think of buying the new racket to try them out xD. My poor wallet is crying T_T.
    u can resell the ones that didn't suit your play

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neogenesus View Post
    Unless your "target" is hard to be found, why actually buy, instead of rent/borrow from fellow club members or local dealers? Of course it takes a while to get used to a racket, but a lot times, as soon as you swing the racket, you know "it's not my rice". I believe racket such as NS7k, Cab30ms, etc are easily to be found in any decent size clubs / shops.

Just my own suggestion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some 2 cents' from a newbie (correct me if I'm wrong!):

1) It's very important to understand your style of play. I guess there are lots of 'technical' terms to describe one's style, but you would know best on what are your strengths and weaknesses in court. Based on this understanding, you can then further shortlist down on some 'ideal' specifications for your racket.

2) Your understanding in (1) would also be based on the racket that you use to play. If you buy a proper racket (mine is a SGD$20 racket!), there'll be some specs indicating the racket's stiffness and weight (at a bare minimum). Combined with the information in (1), you'll know if there needs to be any changes to what you're looking for.

3) Start shortlisting a list of rackets to look at. BC is your best friend. Get some recommendations from the folks here.

4) Go to the shops personally to feel the rackets out. Obviously, you can't play a game with the rackets in store, but you can have a good feel on how comfortable they are in your hands. Does the racket feel too head-heavy or light? Give it some short swings as well to have a better sensing.

As for shaft flexibility, I think it's hard to evaluate them on the spot - perhaps some gurus can comment here.

And of course, it's a tough feat to get the 'perfect racket' the first time round, especially so when you've never demo-ed them. But having said that, I'm sure that whatever you find for starters will be sufficient for your skillsets. Furthermore, it'll give you a much better understanding of yourself and your styles (which will help you in your next purchase!)
    Last edited by borez; 06-29-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold- View Post
    I Dint Ask For A Perfect Racquet For Me. I Am Just Asking How U Choose It So It Would Give Me Some Idea On Wad To Buy
    ....And they all have answered your questions in their own way. Some people will find it funny that many players view finding a racquet and a life partner in the same light, truth is they should be viewed in the same light. In your case you cant hide the fact that you are looking for the perfect racquet, thats what we are all looking for in truth. Don't brush off the earlier postings by some of the more nutty members here, they are ALL very sound advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My playing style is more on smashing, do i go for heavier head? And extra stiff flex? Any recommendation for yonex or victor racket? Currently i have AT 300, 2 x Carbonex 25sp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello~ haha~

extra stiff? yes if you have extra strength/ super nice technique to go with it XD
    if less power from your arms/wrist, a middle rating racquet would do great.

heavy heads are nice for smashing...but i think they're harder to maneouver...don't they? haha~ wait the pros come and explain more...

basically i like a mid of everything racquet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha84 is sounded rite! there is no perfect racket in this world...more training will really helping u to become better...choose for the mid range racket like FLEET, APACS, VICTOR or PRO ACE. look for any assistance from the pro shop and they can help u!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knightskid View Post
    My playing style is more on smashing, do i go for heavier head? And extra stiff flex? Any recommendation for yonex or victor racket? Currently i have AT 300, 2 x Carbonex 25sp.

i recommend u to go for AT900 Power (Heavier head)...its really suit for player like u! im using it too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh 1 more thing I love to collect badminton racket (my wallet was crying ), but I have stopped collecting for now.
    My most expensive racket is the NS7K and the rest are not even more than $100. I still have my very 1st racket (Cab 8300) which I bought in Indonesia using my own saving when I was in Junior High School and I am still using it sometime, but usually I lend it to my friend who doesn't have a racket.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Unless your "target" is hard to be found, why actually buy, instead of rent/borrow from fellow club members or local dealers? Of course it takes a while to get used to a racket, but a lot times, as soon as you swing the racket, you know "it's not my rice". I believe racket such as NS7k, Cab30ms, etc are easily to be found in any decent size clubs / shops.

Just my own suggestion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold- View Post
    I suppose you should ask yourself that when you are trying to win points (not driving nor lifting), do you attempt to smash more or do you attempt to push drops more?

Ignoring other factors like string tension or your arm strength, i suppose if you often hammer the shuttle to try to win the point, then my guess is that you would be better off playing with a racquet with a stiffer shaft. Vice versa for the other one.

I think you should try out a few of your playing mates' racquets. I tried a MP88 before and I was surprised how much flex its shaft can bend to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good advice borez. You are correct that usually it is hard to get the "perfect raket" the first time around. Well actually if you have a strong determination that your racket is good than there will be no problem at all.

Back then i use only one racket and feel fine with it, i tried my friends racket and although it feels better, i dont intend to buy another racket. So it is just the temptation that made you want to buy another racket.

Now i am different, i can not defy the temptation. Everytime i look a good racket, it makes me want tou buy it, thinking that it would make me play better. shame on me.

How do i choose a racket?? well many of the above is correct. You have to know your style of play. If you are offense player choose head heavy and perhaps stiff etc. The important thing is that you are comfortable with the racket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2