Need your suggestion to me and my new Yonex AT 600

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DeanHsu1014, Jun 5, 2009.

1. DeanHsu1014

DeanHsu1014 New Member

tech support engineer
    Guys ,
    I just purchased Yonex AT 600 with 23 lbs YY BG 66 string a week ago. But I felt it's hard for me to control this new racket , even I played it couple time already . I can't play deep clear and cross court shot well with it .

I'm just green :Dfor badminton , less one year experience. I'm used to play Yonex MP 25 with 23lbs YY 70 por string and MMOA NanoTech 105 third generation with 23lbs Gosen 66 string .

Need you guys give me some suggestions.
    1. Should I reduce the string lbs ?
    2.Or should I try different string ?

Thanks

2. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i think you should play with it more first, try and get use to the racket. if all fails just loosenthe tension as it may be too high, causing a smaller sweetspot

3. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Wait. Tension doesn't increase or decrease the sweet spot. At least that's what I know. From what I've learned, the sweet spot is based on the shape of the head. Isometric heads have a larger sweet spot, whereas classic (oval) heads have smaller but more concentrated sweet spot. I may be wrong.

As for my advise, you have to break your racket in. It's just like a car after a good old tune up. Give it time, probably 5 to 7 palying game days. :)

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It does, it's much harder to find the exact sweetspot with 30lbs than 20lbs.

At the OP, chances are, you're not able to use the racquet well because you have poor technique and also you have not adapted to the swingspeed. Over many sessions you will find the sweetspot and adjust, however it will be beneficial to learn the correct technique.

String shouldn't be a problem, 23lbs isn't too tight, unless you feel the strings are very stiff when you hit.

5. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    questions are all your old racquets were heavy head or balance. Shoo... let me take that back. Is the balance of your new racquet same as your previous?
    If it's heavy head and the old ones were light headed or even balance out then obviously you need to take time to get the used to the racquet.
    2nd is did you even feel good with your old racquet?, if not that's pretty much obvious, it's your technique.
    And yes athelete were right, 23 is not tight. I usually play 25 and highest i go is 30 or 31.
    Furthermore, I would try to get the technique down first, and then adapt to the racquet.
    example: drop, if you can do a "quick grip change" to help the drop more accurate, hold a little higher to the cone shape.