little club question

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jafffa, Jun 5, 2009.

1. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

I play in the uk and i recently signed up for a list of potential players for a club (lets call it club A). I heard on good authority that i'll get into the club but i won't know definatively for some time, well i assume a time closer to next seasen.

So i was playing at one of my reguler sessions (none club night) and i got talking to a few of the more advanced players, long story short my play impressed them and they invited me to anothers club (club B)

Here's my dilema... ultimately i prefer club A, more respected better team overall:cool:. But i won't be able to play there for quite a while, whereas i can go to the training sessions at club B which sound very good, they use feathers and the courts nice, quite cheap too. So can i go to Club B's training sessions without becoming a 'member' or is it wrong to use them like this? :confused:I'm leaving the area in around one and a half years if thats something you need to know.

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Hey just do it mate. I play for 3 clubs in Northern Ireland lol. Its no big deal, they know about it and they know I want to improve my game so id jus do it mate.

Good luck

3. Aeries

Aeries Regular Member

Just be careful. I got into a slightly similar situation once and it didn't turn out so great. They might expect/hope for you to play for them in the future when you attend club B's training sessions.
    I reckon it's ok though, seeing as you were invited to tag along :) Lots of people do it, they just play for one team though.

4. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

sounds good, i'll ask the guys that invited me if they mind me playin and not joining, cheers.

5. Aeries

Aeries Regular Member

You're welcome :) Hope it goes well for you.

6. chichee

chichee Regular Member

Teacher
    Sounds like you should use the opportunity to train with better players to develop yourself. If you ultimately want to play for club A then it would be best for you to let the organiser or players at club B know.

Incidently, where in the UK do you play?

7. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

Generaly around staffordshire

8. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Is it possible to join both? Then just let club A know that you can't join them for long, because of your personal reasons.

You wouldn't want Club A to think that you are abandoning for club B when you cannot play at club A anymore because you are shifting:)

9. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

I'm gonna chat to the guys who invited me tonight and tell them all the info, i'll post after