Poor Eagnas customer service video

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by aimbc, Jun 5, 2009.

1. aimbc

aimbc Regular Member

IT
    before you decide about buying Eagnas, look at this video and what you will be in store for with their poor customer service and product.

[video=youtube;RLUIvbEpS4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLUIvbEpS4o[/video]

2. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Wow!!!:eek::eek::eek: I've heard of their bad service, but never did I know it was that bad. The guy working there even admits their stuff is TRASH

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's incredible.

i am glad i avoided Eagnas at all costs.

4. ryeung

ryeung Regular Member

I find it hard to believe that anyone will do business that way. No offence to the original poster but obviously there has been conversations leading up to this so I wonder what has gone on before. I have read about poor customer service from them but this seems rather extreme. It sounded like the guy was just pissed and doesn't want to deal with the customer any more. Not trying to defend Eagnas but I have bought stuff from them several times and really have not had any issues. The only irritation was an order for a starting clamp. I did it online and their software did not indicate that there was no available stock. So I wound up having to wait. But they answered all my emails within a day or so but I did have to wait quite a while for a shipment. Now having said that, I never had to deal with a defective product either.

5. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    The Salesman/ Owner seemed to be pissed off by his own products? Or it is kinda racial thing, where the chinese there is bullied there?

"Chinese makes trash, use babolat, babolat." As a chinese himself, why would he say that?:( Chinese dont make trash?:rolleyes:

Luckily, i have a working piece of trash.:D My electronic trash is still serving me well.:p

6. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

strange to see that, since my Eagnas product is working beautifully for the last year!

AND, when I phoned them for bad flying clamps, they sent replacement to me right away. it's a lot better than the service I got from HP and eMachine.

I can't complain any about their service or product.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    who knows, maybe u got helped by his assistant since u didn't made a 1 to 1 personal contact.

8. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

If you read the FAQ at Eagnas website, you will find similar story ....
    I got my trash machines directly from Eagnas and not from US, and I'm happy with it :D

Many brands rebranded Eagnas machine ....

You can visit www.tennis-warehouse.com forum, you can find many similar stories, but there are also good stories, so it is depended on you.

As a wiseman said : You buy peanut, you will get monkey
    The moral is : buy the good one if you have money, and don't buy the cheap one if you will complain later.

I'm not Eagnas distributor or have relationship with Eagnas in any ways.

9. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

Same here, I was wondering whats going on before that too. I heard alot of horror stories with Eagnas, I never bought anything from there but it just sound the guy pissed and had enough. I think its kinda unfair to judge something from one side story only.

By the way Im not defending Eagnas or have anything to do with them, but it just giving my 2c.

10. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Right, I didn't go there to make in-person visit like the video. it's astonishing to see how they do business.

I talked to a Ms, and a Mr (Victor?). not sure exactly the two person's role in their office. anyway, both of them were pretty helpful, and I would rate them "4" on the scale of 5 is the best.

well, I guess experience is different for different person, and under different circumstances.

11. aimbc

aimbc Regular Member

IT
    Thank you for all your comments. I actually debated many times before buying Eagnas, I was going to buy Gamma brand vs the Eagnas brand, because the difference would just be $30.00, not much really. Being Chinese myself, I had enough faith in purchasing a product from Eagnas, even though I read some bad reviews. But I thought I would take a blind leap of faith anyway. So I purchased the machine from them and a ball hopper and decided to pick it up at their office. There was only one person working there and it was the gentleman in the video. Every time I went there it was the same person. I think it all started when I mentioned to him that on his website I was suppose to get the "Spin Control" string with my purchase of the machine. That's when he told me. "No!...not possible" So I tried to explain to him that is what I saw on his website. Then the next thing he said shocked me. "There is the DOOR!" It's the first time ever in my life that merchant ever said that, especially when I already paid for it. I am not asking for a cheaper price or anything. Just what is promised to me during my purchase.

[​IMG]

If he would have just taken time to view his own website and double check it or prove it to me that I was mistaken all this would have been avoided. But he chose to be abusive to me and accusing me a liar. But that just tells a lot about a company who is not willing to improve themselves or think of them self superior than their customers. What came out of his mouth flowed so naturally, and he didn't even pause to think. So it shows a lot about how the company conduct themselves. Cheap prices shouldn't mean cheap service. And the price is not much cheaper really. I know they are making huge profits. But if they would just focus on their service, they can be reputable.

To be fair, the machine seems solid and works. I don't know of any other brands, because it's my first machine. And if I would have known that I would have gotten this kind of treatment I would have went with a better company. But my fellow countrymen failed me. Very sad.

But you can read the rest on my link to youtube. Basically they would not honor replacing or repairing defective item. I didn't want to return anything, just get a working replacement. And that is all I wanted. He even acknowledge that the product was defective even on a new box that he opened up. But he started getting technical with me and asked for the Box and the "Disposable Wrench" which you only use once to assemble the product. I normally don't keep those things as soon as I assemble it. Because I know I can always exchange for a new one if it was defective and I wouldn't be shipping it back. But the product was so simple and cost only $15.00. What can possibly go wrong? Well the next thing started going wrong. He started stating about their return policy. But I wasn't even there to return anything. Just to get a working product which I paid full price for. Is that too much to ask? So I told him. Look I just want a product that is promised to me and I paid for. If your product is defective, then please honor it and return my money. But he said he couldn't without the box or the disposable wrench and kept stating his return policy requires that. But I tried to explain to him it was not a return just to exchange for a good product. And that's when the taping started to happen. Till this day I have not been credited my money back to my Credit Card for the returned merchandise. Very bad business practice by Eagnas. So be ware when you want to do business with them.

I am not one to make any trouble, but at the same time I do not like to be taken advantage of and stand firm for what I believe, even for $15.00. I am sure if anyone had the same problem with the product, they would just toss it, it's not worth paying for shipping to their warehouse for an exchange. And I know they are betting on, customer's not dealing with returning a defective $15.00 product. It's what I call fraud and deceptive business practice. I don't know how many of that product they shipped out. Because all were defective.

12. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Is this for real?

This is so unbelieveable!

Maybe they should tell Eagnas's Management

13. aimbc

aimbc Regular Member

IT
    Your comment is very true and that's what Eagnas expect people to believe. Cheap product = Cheap service. So don't expect good service from them. You still can make great quality product for a cheaper price than your competitor and still have good customer service. And their product is not that much cheaper especially they are the actual manufacturer and no middle man. And they don't put in any marketing dollars like Gamma does. So they should be able to sell for cheaper. It's an injustice to Asian that Chinese company can not compete with the rest of the world on customer service. That's why it's always a running joke.:(

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Eagnas used to have good and durable machines. I dont know what happened to them now. Have not seen or encounter any Eagnas machine for a long time. I dont know if the chinese "trash" guy is associated with Eagnas or he is just a distributor. Anyhow he should not reacted that way. Must have caught him on a super bad day. Im sure there is a way to handle him. Should have asked him... if he is a trash since he is made by chinese. :p hehehe

15. krisss

krisss Regular Member

I understand Maa's point of view - but that is beyond the line.

As Ants said perhas that was a distributor.

Have you tried to contact Eagnas's Management ?

16. aimbc

aimbc Regular Member

IT
    This is Eagnas the company. It is not a distributor. http://www.eagnas.com/ If you look at the very end of the webpage, I went to this place in that is stated on their website to pick up the machine. Google Map of Eagnas in USA.

Maxline
    18116 S. Hobart Blvd.
    Gardena, California 90248
    U.S.A.

To prove that I was there you can view the street view on google and the image of the building front.

[​IMG]
    You will also notice the ball hopper in front of the door. The manager actually got upset at me for asking for my money back. So he threw the basket out the door and slam the door in my face and locked it. Till this day I have not gotten my refund money. I doubt that I ever will. He was so unreasonable. I believe merchant like these should be exposed to who they really are.

I am not sure where management is. All I know is that is their management. Like most businesses, this incident is minor to them and they probably will never change. But I hope the internet can force them to change. Sad to say it's a Chinese company. Hope is a lesson for all with bad customer service.

17. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    He might grap a 9 mm pistol and go after our friend here :rolleyes:

18. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Maybe he was offended by the video camera?

19. jaynjay

jaynjay Regular Member

I ordered a string machine from them and they sent me a wrong one, when i called them, they said the exactly the same thing in the video, "just return it, we will give you refund, just return it. and don't buy from us again, we don't need customer like you" wtf??????????? with them?

20. aimbc

aimbc Regular Member

IT
    It's crazy

It's crazy I know. Instead of apologizing they have such an attitude. Now you have to pay shipping on your own dime. They should give you a UPS return label for making that mistake. I feel bad for you that you are there in GA. Do you want me to go and speak on your behalf and then video tape him?:rolleyes:

BTW...I never got my refund. So if you return the machine, you will probably not get your money back.