What do you do with used shuttlecocks?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by george@chongwei, Jun 6, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

just wondering, what will u guys do with used shuttlecocks? just throw away or keep it for stroking next time?;)
    sometimes i just find it tough to stroke/warming up using a used shuttlecocks though.:D

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I use them for knock-ups/drills. If they're too bad, you just have to throw them away though.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

what about with broken racket? i mean the frame or the racket had broke. what do you do with it? do u just throw away to dustbin or just keep is as a souviner to yourself?:p
    lol, sorry for the off topic. dont want to create another thread as might as well post it here.

4. krisss

krisss Regular Member

I do the same as Danstevens use them for knock-ups or drills the next time , shuttlecocks are already expensive enough!

Rackets I normally bin them , but I have always kept my favourite ever racket - My broken Muscle Power 88 , which I broke during the attempt of a trick shot.

I think it reminds me of the amazing racket

and ...

The stupidity of trick shots :).

5. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Even it is bad , I still keep it ...
    Even it is in really bad condition , I still keep it but if gone Ill left it ..
    Hahaha .. I always pick up used shuttle(s) that people doesnt use , most of it are still in good condition

6. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Let me guess.................did you try and chase a lift over your head down, run all the way behind it and try and hit it between your legs whist facing away from the net? Just a guess because a friend of mine broke a Carlton by doing that - smashed it on his leg by accident and the head just sort of disconnected from the shaft. He collapsed in pain and his partner, my partner and I collapsed to the floor laughing at him. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen happen on a badminton court. Words just cannot describe the hilarity of it.

Anyway, I just get rid of broken rackets unless there's a warranty claim to be made (in which case I obviously keep it and wait for instruction as to what to do from the manufacturer).