Fake Carlton Fireblade Iso Elite

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Randomlegend, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    I bought the racket through eBay from this site: http://www.pdhsports.com/
    Last week. On first use I hit a rubbish smash at the top of the racket and snapped a string. My mum took the racket to be restrung for me but when when the guy saw it he was immediately worried it was a counterfeit, something to do with the markings not lining up how they normally would or something and that this was very strange and that it was very easy to buy counterfeit over eBay. Upon hearing this I obviously went back and had another look at the site (which look pretty genuine to me although of course that doesn't mean all that much) and have emailed them with my concerns. Was just wondering if anyone on here had any insight into the issue because I am feeling a bit gutted at the moment :(

2. Randomlegend

School
    Carlton Fireblade Elite from pdhsports

I bought this racket a week ago. First session I hit a dreadful **** and snapped a string. Then my mum took it to be restrung for me and the guy said he thought it was a fake, something to do with the markings being weird or something. Was from this site: http://www.pdhsports.com/ which looks pretty safe to me but I suppose that doesn't mean very much. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am anxious about it.

3. aliten

aliten Regular Member

i think it's meaningless to make fake carlton, especially non-asian marketing series, like your fb.
    you should ask that stringing guy to explain why he said the racket is fake.

4. Randomlegend

School
    I wasn't there when the racket was dropped off so I didn't actually hear what he said, just some vague reccounting of events from my mum. I did my homework before buying the racket, checking seller feedback on eBay etc, and looking at that site I would just be astounded if they were selling fakes, but....

5. Randomlegend

School
    Well I have managed to glean from my parents the reason why he was suspicious of it being a fake. He said that the little dot at the top of the head on the inside of the frame shold be in line with the shaft of the racket, and in his experience when he has seen ones which aren't they have tended to be fake. Apparantly the dot on my Carlton isn't in line and this was what made him concerned, along with the fact that it was eBay bought (although as I said actually from a supplier).

Any ideas?

6. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Maybe you would like to take a pic for us to see. :) People that makes counterfeit rackets have to be very professional i feel. Because afterall, they would want to make it look like the real one. They cant make a small little mistake by aligning it wrong.:D

And i do agree with aliten as well, it doesn't make sense to make a carlton fake.

#6 Sgbad, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  7. Randomlegend

School
    I can't post a picture because the racket is with the stringer atm still sadly.

8. Randomlegend

School
    Well the guy from PDHsports just phoned me and assured me that all their rackets are genuine and the reason they were cheap (£60) was because Carlton were selling off end-of-line stock before their Vapour Trail rackets go into production. He is going to email me his account details with CarltonUK on Monday to put my mind at rest and is going to get on at Carlton to try and get them to send me a free set of strings since mine snapped on first use. He also said if I think the frame of the racket is faulty to get in touch again and he will get it replaced.
    So I am fully confident now my racket is real and PDHsports seem like a great company to deal with if ever any of you consider buying from them.

9. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Personal motto: Never buy badminton products from eBay.

10. Randomlegend

School
    Well if you had read the thread properly you would realise it wasn't actually from eBay, just a sports supplier who advertised through eBay.

11. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    heya there,

well al i can say is mate iv bort loadsa stuff from thsi site and everything seems genuine, just looked at my iso fireblade elite (45 quid from newitts, 70% off!!), and the central dot at the top is not quite dead centre, but thats fine, its only to giv stringers a general idea where the middle of the racket is.

i rekon ur racket is fine mate, and its not uncommon for factory strings to snap very soon after first being used anyway. as they are very very poor quality strings normally, or have been on the shelf for a very long time.

without seeing ur racket obviously i cant say for certain, but pdhsports are ok man. im sure ur racket is fine, im sure it will be lush after restringing. im jst waiting to have the time to restring mine, its guna b awesome!!

happy badmintoning man. :)

12. Randomlegend

School
    :)

Disclaimer: this is not a smiley post

13. daiqi

daiqi Regular Member

god u gave me a scare rofl.. i bought one 2 days ago b4 consulting this lol few..

14. gamegood101

gamegood101 Regular Member

engineer
    no not much chance of it,people would of picked up on carlton fakes really quick,those strings where just poo im guessin,not a fake racket.