Wilson Vision 4 Quad racket needs restringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by cedwards90, Jun 7, 2009.

1. cedwards90

cedwards90 New Member

student
    I would like to think i am a fairly advanced player, but have always been more low budget and since i live in western Massachusetts, there aren't many places to play. I am also new to this forum so if this is the wrong place for this please correct me.

I currently own a few rackets, my favorite being my Wilson Vision 4 Quad. I recently broke a string, and i am not sure what strings or tension to choose. can anyone help?

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

well, you can start out with BG65 @23 pounds. then move the tension up or down according to how you like it, or change the string for different feels.

3. FirstSecond

FirstSecond Regular Member

Student
    Well, I know for a fact that this thread will be moved to the Equipment section. :p

It depends on your skill. If you have strong arms and have played for a long time, I recommend a high string tension, like 24 - 30.

If you have weak power, go with like 22 - 24, because the trampoline effect of this tension will strengthen the power.

4. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer
    Hi there,

I've also got a Wilson Vision V4, wohoo. I thought the stock strings were decent (Sensation Braid). I've strung it with 65TI (~25lbs), the BG80 (~23lbs), then BG68TI (~25lbs).

I didn't like the 68ti (maybe tension too high?). However it worked extremely well with BG80, and I was very happy when it had 65TI as well. But as other members have mentioned, start with around 23/24lbs, and take it from there. I think the stock Sensation Braid strings were around 21/22lbs.

Hope this helps!