Best badminton clubs in the US

Discussion in 'USA West' started by dkmelissa, Jun 8, 2009.

1. dkmelissa

dkmelissa New Member

Hi.
    I was wondering which clubs are the best and most professional in the US? I mean clubs who are taking the players very seriously and want to develop really great players, who can maybe play in international tournaments?
    I have found out that there are many clubs in California, what do you think about the clubs in CA?
    I do not live in the US.
    I hope somebody can help me.

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

OCBC would be ranked at the top if you want pro players. They have Tony Gunawan and Howard Bach who won the 2005 World Championships. But other than that, the other players don't really win super major tournaments. They do win the smaller ones though, still a good achievement nonetheless.

They do produce awesome players, but it does come at a cost $$$.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Danish badminton is still better..

..stay and train in Denmark. Their quality is still much better than in the U.S. (currently, we have a young player who is playing or recently played in a Danish baddy league).
    Joseph gave a pretty close answer. You may also take a look in this thread, similar query:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64909

4. dkmelissa

dkmelissa New Member

well, i know that badminton is much better. but my dream is to live in the US and study and play badminton in my spare time, and maybe teach others.
    i do not look after a club that can make me a better player, I just want to play but still on a level where others can give me some opposition, if you know what I mean.
    but OCBC? i will consider that one :)
    thanks for reply.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^You can check this sub-forum/section..^^

...for more on OCBC:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161

If simply to look for clubs/others which will give you some opposition, then i'd say there are a lot of clubs in California (Northern or Southern) which will provide what you're looking for. NorCal has some pretty good players as well.
    Anyway, in general California has more full-time baddy clubs in the whole U.S. And if you like sunny, warm and great weather, then California is the "best" place for you to consider. Just check out the Places to Play/Local Events->USA West sub-forum/section.:cool:

#5 ctjcad, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009