racket choices

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by WhiteInk, Jun 8, 2009.

1. WhiteInk

WhiteInk Regular Member

Growing business
    Hi, i'm planning on getting a racket, Therefore here to seek some advise.

I'm currently using ti10, not that i have any problem, but just like to have one more option.

firstly,
    Level of play: if 50% is intermediate, then i'm somewhere 45%
    Single play:my type of play is mostly placing of birdie, my point usually(75%) come from drop shot, netshot and placing of birdie.
    seldom i get points from smash.
    Double play: a mixture of all type of shot, incl smash.

BUT: i'm trying to improve my smash and trying to get the correct technique.
    therefore, in between game, i will be practising some smashing.

what i want to ask is.
    1) i'm not giving up my ti10. is at900t a good racket to have together with a ti10 and cab30ms
    2) is at900t a good racket for my style of play?
    3) which racket is best use for my single play(technical shot), double play(any type of shot) and practicing of smash(still trying to get it right.) and maybe on off-form day.

I know question 3 is very subjective, depend on individual, but i wish to get a general outlook.

2. cloudfire

cloudfire Regular Member

Studnet
    i have a ns9000x, i bought it when it first came out and expected it to be all power and durability, however my net game and place shots greatly improved, its a head light racket so its very easy to manouver and i find it very defensive because of the quickness you can get from it. however saying this might not help because you are still a new player. if your below intermediate than a high quality racket like that will just be a waste, you wont be able to pull out the power from it or get the touch right. What i really sugest is to get a head light racket that wont cost to much because if your playing at low level doubles your sure to get some clashes and the high quality rackets break alot easier. soooo basically try a head light and see if you like it for your style, also the string and tension really make more of a difference than the racket at that level so for defensive try a head light racket with a low tension.

3. krisss

krisss Regular Member

I'm not sure about a racket which will helkp for your smash , you will need a coach/expierienced player to develop your technique.

I would suggest an even balanced racket , because you like dropping and want to practice smashing.

I would say an Armortec 500 , which is resanably stiff and even balanced , and averageley priced.

4. WhiteInk

WhiteInk Regular Member

Growing business
    thank cloudfire and krisss for your reply.

actually i would like to choose a good one, train with it, and advance with it, and try to keep it for long term, i have seen fren brough a good one and stay with them for close to ten years.

i'm actually not asking about a racket that will help improve my smash, coz i know it's all about personal skill, i actully want a racket which is suitable for practicing n smashing in future when i improve my game.

5. cloudfire

cloudfire Regular Member

Studnet
    well the ti10 is a great racket for smashing and such, so i would say a more tecnical racket/ defensive racket. i dont know if you can take demos out at the stores near you but if you can that would be your best bet, get a couple demos of ones you think will suit you and try them out.