User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 70
  1. #1
    Regular Member aramistuscany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Firenze, Tuscany
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Li Ning at Mustafa SC, Serangoon, Singapore

    The Li Ning Section at Mustafa Shopping Centre. No high-end N series available yet but should be arriving in about 2 weeks time together with shoes and apparels. The current low to mid-end models currently stocked there is priced ridiculously high at between $99-$329. Can't imagine how much the the N series is going to retail there.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmmm, li ning's slogan is pretty similar to the PGA's slogan of 'Anything's possible', isn't it?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SingaporE
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    woah! mid end racket cost more than 300+! thats super overprice... i must well buy yonex racket if i wan to spend that money

  4. #4
    Regular Member aramistuscany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Firenze, Tuscany
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaoheng View Post
    woah! mid end racket cost more than 300+! thats super overprice... i must well buy yonex racket if i wan to spend that money
    That's what I thought too when I saw the price tag. Its absurd!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Crazy price ! Means the N series almost double and will hit S$600 !

  6. #6
    Regular Member aramistuscany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Firenze, Tuscany
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    Crazy price ! Means the N series almost double and will hit S$600 !
    Yes its crazy. I am curious to find out what is the price like at the Li Ning booth in the Aviva Open tomorrow.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup, let us know the price, and take pictures if you can.

  8. #8
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow, thanks for sharing!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Price for Lining racquets ranges from $99 to $329 at Aviva open.

    They marked up the price of the mid range quite abit as from the Lining website, the top model should be around S$252 (current exchange rate of RMB to S$) and yet they are selling at S$300+.

    BTW, the top model which is the one used by Lin Dan is selling for S$489 ! Their shuttles are going for S$57 a tube.

    Only their shoe is priced competitively. I saw a model which is very light and cost around S$100 which I think is reasonable.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SingaporE
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    Price for Lining racquets ranges from $99 to $329 at Aviva open.

    They marked up the price of the mid range quite abit as from the Lining website, the top model should be around S$252 (current exchange rate of RMB to S$) and yet they are selling at S$300+.

    BTW, the top model which is the one used by Lin Dan is selling for S$489 ! Their shuttles are going for S$57 a tube.

    Only their shoe is priced competitively. I saw a model which is very light and cost around S$100 which I think is reasonable.
    this is really too much... buying a MADE IN CHINA products for $489! lol if they one day start a factory at Japan and started making them over there for QC than the model of Lin Dan racket shld cost $680 - $700 ea lol... thats a god like price lol

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would the price of Lining rackets be reflective of the price if it had been sold by one of the usual outside badminton shops? For eg, price of yonex rackets at Mustafa, and of course the yonex shop at Far East is ridiculously overpriced compared to what one might pay for shops such as 10/10 or Classic; maybe once Lining is available from these shops, the prices might stabilise to a more comptitive level?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SingaporE
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szekt View Post
    Would the price of Lining rackets be reflective of the price if it had been sold by one of the usual outside badminton shops? For eg, price of yonex rackets at Mustafa, and of course the yonex shop at Far East is ridiculously overpriced compared to what one might pay for shops such as 10/10 or Classic; maybe once Lining is available from these shops, the prices might stabilise to a more comptitive level?
    but the cost price of li ning racket shld be quite high to bring in to sell... i think some shop might think twice b4 bring in... jus like some shops did't even bring in Yonex Nanospeed 9900.. cos can't earn much profit and also not very easy to sell...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nowadays racket prices are getting more and more ridiculous. It likes they are trying to rip off consumer. Even victor racket prices have gone up

  14. #14
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangxl View Post
    Nowadays racket prices are getting more and more ridiculous. It likes they are trying to rip off consumer. Even victor racket prices have gone up
    thats right. made in china products also so expensive , men!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think a price of $150 to $200 is more acceptable. Anything more than $200 is quite ridiculous. It's not like these rackets are indestructible. One racket clash and $200+ gone.
    Hope that with more brands on the market prices will come down. So far, it only went up.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,524
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Last night , i went down to Mustafa to look at the stock of Li ning. The high end racket of chinese players rackets not arrive yet. T-shirt display there cost 59 to 159 dollars, but again cannot find china team wear.

    I bought a towel grip Li ning which cost me 3.80 quite reasonable. I heard Lin Dan racket N90 be coming in next month, its price is $489. The rest of china team players racket price range will be $400 - $475.

  17. #17
    Regular Member aramistuscany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Firenze, Tuscany
    Posts
    1,533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mr. Soh of Classic Sports, Toa Payoh has no plans to stock Li Ning racquets in his store. They are too expensive and there may not be any demand here. He will wait-and-see and see how the market responds.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex at Mustafa SC, Serangoon, Singapore
    By aramistuscany in forum Market Place
    Replies: 24
    : 04-30-2013, 07:06 PM
  2. Badminton Training In SERANGOON
    By JTVICTOR in forum Singapore
    Replies: 2
    : 11-01-2011, 02:13 AM
  3. Badminton for Beginners near Serangoon Gardens
    By s5prosports in forum Singapore Coaching
    Replies: 2
    : 11-27-2008, 06:06 AM
  4. Need players for games at serangoon
    By tenjinspen in forum Singapore
    Replies: 7
    : 10-14-2008, 11:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •