User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywin
    LazyBuddy:

Are you a regular at BBC? I can't find John Deway HS on Avenue X and Stillwell Ave. I found a P.S. technical school or something like that on Avenue X..... I am lost!!!
    Sorry to hear this. I can be considred as a regular, but won't be there for the next 1-2 weeks, due to my friends' wedding.

The entrance we use, is not on Ave X. The entrance is on Stillwell Ave, about 20-30 yards away from the intersection of Stillwell and Harway. About 50 yards away from Bay50th subway station. There are 2 large steel fence gate, right under the "curve" of subway bridge... Once u come in the gate, just go straight down, u will see some parking space along the right side, then, a small parking lot at the end, right before the football field. The gym we use, is on the left hand corner of the small parking lot.

Hope my direction is clear enough. Please check "direction" in www.brooklynbadminton.com for detail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much, i found BBC yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question So how was it

So did your daughter get to practice? How about yourself how many games did you get to play. What nationality are you. Did you have fun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to know. Hope both you and your family can enjoy the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation New Badminton Scoring System Takes Effect Next Month

Thursday,Nov. 17, 2005 Chinese badminton coach criticizes new scoring rules
    BEIJING, Nov. 15 (Xinhuanet) -- A Chinese coach has expressed concern that the new scoring system to be adopted by the International Badminton Federation (IBF) would make the doubles events less spectacular."The change is designed to shorten the duration of the game so as to be friendly to the live broadcast, but it will bear great influence on the game, especially the doubles, "Li Yongbo, head coach of the Chinese national team, was quoted as saying on Monday's China Sports Daily. "The new rules would undermine the beauty of the doubles competition. It is unwise for the IBF to adopt the changes without adequate evaluation beforehand."Under the new system, each rally will be awarded a point, while the current system awards one point only to the serving player who wins a rally. The news rules also adopt a format of best-of-three games and a21-point system for all the events. Currently, a winner is decided after 15 points for men's singles, men's and women's doubles and mixed doubles with 11 points for women's singles.However, Li showed confidence in his squad to well adapt to the new rules, which will come into effect at the World Cup to be held in China next month. "Despite the new rules, China will keep their leading position in world badminton," he said.
    Last edited by EastcoastAZN; 11-16-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Revised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default French player in NY

Hello!!

I'm french student and I come in NY for 6 month. I play badminton for 8 years in Competition in France. I would like really to find a club where I can train. I don't know exactly the different conditions about the fee, I think it is not the same than in France. Are there private and public clubs?

I have had some information about NYbadminton club on the website. Is there another clubs in Manatthan?

I really want to find a club and to meet new partners.

Thanks

Krystenne

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Seems not many ppl from New York, US (even east coast US) are in this Forum.

I would like to set a local club somewhere near my neighborhood, and I want to do this survey for so long, your participation is very welcome:

If you live in 50 miles within New York City, US (use zip code 11365 as center, since I live close there ^___^ ), please answer the following questions:

1. Where do u live? - Please use zip code, easy to check online

2. Where do u play - Please provide local club/college/high school name (u can put more than 1 answer)

3. What kinda racket u use? - brand, model

4. Where did u get ur racket - shop on line (website, plz)? local store? shop in another nation?

5. How many hrs u usually play for a week?

6. If I set a club about within 10 miles (use zip code 11365 as center), are u willing to participate? Sorry, under progress, contacting different local school gym for now. So, no detail address is available yet.

7. How much u can afford for member fee? - pay by each visit? pay by a yearly member fee?

Even though, I don't expect too many ppl to answer the questions, but let me get a try, see how "poplular" badminton is in NY.

Thanks, everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check these 2 other clubs. I haven't been to any of them though.

http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/bro...nton/main.html

http://www.friendlybadminton.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note brooklyn club has a new website. The above one is their old one, and no longer to be updated. The new one is: www.brooklynbadminton.com.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krystenne
    Hello!!

I'm french student and I come in NY for 6 month. I play badminton for 8 years in Competition in France. I would like really to find a club where I can train. I don't know exactly the different conditions about the fee, I think it is not the same than in France. Are there private and public clubs?

I have had some information about NYbadminton club on the website. Is there another clubs in Manatthan?

I really want to find a club and to meet new partners.

Thanks

Krystenne
    If you live in Manhattan, and don't have a car, I will say, NYCB might be the best choice so far. Of course, the price is not that cheap, but you will meet all kinda players throughout different levels. They have 3 sites and meet 4 times in Manhattan, and 1 site and meet on sat in Flushing, Queens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is taping up the gym part of the routine for this club ?

If you live in Manhattan, and don't have a car, I will say, NYCB might be the best choice so far. Of course, the price is not that cheap, but you will meet all kinda players throughout different levels. They have 3 sites and meet 4 times in Manhattan, and 1 site and meet on sat in Flushing, Queens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Is taping up the gym part of the routine for this club ?
    Yes...

However, you don't have to do it, if you don't feel like to. Taping is based on volunteer base. I consider it as a good warm up in winter time, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, I think that is a great idea during winter time. It's a good way to do torso twist and footwork .

Yes...

However, you don't have to do it, if you don't feel like to. Taping is based on volunteer base. I consider it as a good warm up in winter time, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Note brooklyn club has a new website. The above one is their old one, and no longer to be updated. The new one is: www.brooklynbadminton.com.
    Hey there,

anyone know if Brooklyn Badminton is on next weekend? I dropped by JD HS last saturday but it seemed like the school was closed. I'm in town for only 2 more weeks and I need my badminton fix!

cheers!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kidcasio
    Hey there,

anyone know if Brooklyn Badminton is on next weekend? I dropped by JD HS last saturday but it seemed like the school was closed. I'm in town for only 2 more weeks and I need my badminton fix!

cheers!
    Sorry to hear that you made a trip for nothing. However, I did not receive any email notification regarding to closure for Jan. I did not go there last Sat, so I can't confirm.

What time did you go there? Usually, if you go between 10am-3:30pm, I am pretty sure the gym door should be opened. The gym is deep inside the gate, right at the corner of a small parking lot (right in front of the football field).

In case you want to confirm about the schedule for the coming sat (1/21), please check http://www.brooklynbadminton.com/our_services.html and contact the manager before making a trip.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check www.friendlybadminton.com for their 3rd site: Hoboken. Grand opening on sunday 2/5 (today). The gym looks good, many players, many food, and some nice raffle prize (racket, string, shuttles, shirts, etc). A great event for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this information, but the differente site are to far from my home...So I can't to be here...
    Bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Where do u live? - Union Sq, Manhattan

2. Where do u play - Just tried NYCBadminton today

3. What kinda racket u use? - Cab16 but buying a new one - probably a Prince cuz I'm curious about their rackets

4. Where did u get ur racket - Cab16 in HK

5. How many hrs u usually play for a week? Plan to play for around 3 hrs every week.

6. If I set a club about within 10 miles (use zip code 11365 as center), are u willing to participate? Probably but prefer to play in Manhattan.

7. How much u can afford for member fee? - pay by each visit? pay by a yearly member fee? less than NYC badminton

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast