User Tag List

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bambini View Post
    thanks lazybuddy! i'll be visiting manhattan soon. i hope i can play with you guys.
    So, you will be on travel or moving here? Personally, I don't go to 76st club, due to schedule conflict. These days, I only visit manhattan on sundays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still do not know. i hope things will turn out well for me. btw, where do you play on weekdays?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bambini View Post
    i still do not know. i hope things will turn out well for me. btw, where do you play on weekdays?
    Nowdays, there are quite a few more gyms open up here and there. Depend on where you stay, and whether you have a car or access to public transportation, you might have different choices.

You can PM me later, once you know where you going to stay, and your preferred schedule. I will try to meet you up with your preferred choice, if you don't mind about my lowly playing skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm staying with my aunt. her flat is at east 91st and 3rd ave. okay i'll pm you once i'm there. you're so humble lazybuddy.
    Last edited by bambini; 07-20-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi,i jz discover this blog n i'm kind of amaze tht u guys r so much into badminton.In fact,i'm not so but i have a lot of friends who r as keen as u all.Will tell all my friends about this site for latest update.Thumb up to u lazybuddy for your contribution to this sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm relatively new to the badminton scene in NY area so still trying get over the fact that it cost $25 for a single drop-in session in Manhattan.

Any advice on places to play in Manhattan for less than that? <<Besides AES ($50/yr membership) and YMCA ($15/drop-in)>>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Cdn View Post
    I'm relatively new to the badminton scene in NY area so still trying get over the fact that it cost $25 for a single drop-in session in Manhattan.

Any advice on places to play in Manhattan for less than that? <<Besides AES ($50/yr membership) and YMCA ($15/drop-in)>>
    The price in the city is just that high.

The alternate choices are:

1. Play in clubs in Queens or Brooklyn, as they are cheaper ($10-16 range), but you need to provide your own shuttles.

2. Join membership in NYCB (mahattan locations). You can pay $200 for 1 year, and each time will be $15 (shuttle provided by club). It's a better deal, if you come to play very often.

However, in the city, getting average deal below $20 per session, is almost impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked around while I was in NYC for holiday last year-end. Was there for 2 weeks and did not play a single stroke because it's just too expensive!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madwolfie View Post
    I checked around while I was in NYC for holiday last year-end. Was there for 2 weeks and did not play a single stroke because it's just too expensive!!!
    Yes, we burn $$$ here in NYC. We pay the $$$, but the life quality is no where near to be the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just love the museums though and peeps love walking their dogs and jogging! Would love to visit again.... a lot I missed out while I was there

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madwolfie View Post
    I just love the museums though and peeps love walking their dogs and jogging! Would love to visit again.... a lot I missed out while I was there
    NYC is a lovely place to have a tour, but once you decide to stay and stay long enough, you will see "the other side".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    2. Join membership in NYCB (mahattan locations). You can pay $200 for 1 year, and each time will be $15 (shuttle provided by club). It's a better deal, if you come to play very often.
    shuttles are provided but they don't last at all .... i tried complaining or asking for another shuttle but i ended up bringing my own .... i see other people are doing it as well .... now i know why i meet a lot of people who are 'ex' NYCB members .... i guess i still go there because there are not that many clubs around our area .... i smile everytime i go to cali and pay $7-8 drop in fee
    Last edited by shreky; 09-06-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shreky View Post
    shuttles are provided but they don't last at all .... i tried complaining or asking for another shuttle but i ended up bringing my own .... i see other people are doing it as well .... now i know why i meet a lot of people who are 'ex' NYCB members .... i guess i still go there because there are not that many clubs around our area .... i smile everytime i go to cali and pay $7-8 drop in fee
    Hehehehehe... don't expect too much from the "free" ones.

Usually, you can ask for 2nd one, if not too many ppl showing up or they have some new stocks coming in. If a lot of ppl showing up, or they are low in stock, I understand what you mean then. Of course, the easiest way is to forget about the free ones, and get your own better ones. I know a lot of ppl who prefer better games, will use their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gyms for rent?

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Yes, we burn $$$ here in NYC. We pay the $$$, but the life quality is no where near to be the top.
    I haven't been for that long but totally agree with LazyBuddy. LOL!

Just curious, has anyone here actually done the math and see if it's worthwhile gathering a bunch of people and rent a gym in NYC?

I'm sure it's more complicated than that but it never hurts to challenge status quo once in a while!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hey LZ

WOW Lazy Buddy! you are already 8000+ posts lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Cdn View Post
    I haven't been for that long but totally agree with LazyBuddy. LOL!

Just curious, has anyone here actually done the math and see if it's worthwhile gathering a bunch of people and rent a gym in NYC?

I'm sure it's more complicated than that but it never hurts to challenge status quo once in a while!
    The rent in NY is very high, therefore, rent a court for your own group is almost impossible. If you have just a few, chance to get a small gym with only 1 or 2 courts is hard (besides some church gyms). If you have a lot, then we are talking about hundreds of $$$ per night, too much investment and too much risk to manage.

I did heard there were a few small groups (mainly in long island area) did rent some church gyms or so. However, then your choices of games will be greatly limited. Therefore, most of them I believe just dead down, and a lot of such players joined open gym like us now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update from www.nycbadminton.com

Now, they have gym open (Queens and Manhattan locations) all 7 days per week now. For detail schedule and locations, please check their website.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast