User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default YMCA IN YONKERS for BADMINTON

YMCA of yonkers has agreed to let us use their gym for badminton for 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

The price is $100/hour and that is $600?week. Depending on the members we can atleast play for 2 to 4 days every month.
    If you are interested, please reply asap to robina1981@yahoo.com. I am trying to get as many people asb possible to keep the cost down for everyone.

Thanks,
    Robina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robina View Post
    YMCA of yonkers has agreed to let us use their gym for badminton for 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

The price is $100/hour and that is $600?week. Depending on the members we can atleast play for 2 to 4 days every month.
    If you are interested, please reply asap to robina1981@yahoo.com. I am trying to get as many people asb possible to keep the cost down for everyone.

Thanks,
    Robina
    That's a pretty sweet deal. How many courts do they have?

Sign me up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robina View Post

Thanks,
    Robina

Congrats!!! Seems your hard work finally paid off! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello,

i'm interested in playing. about 3 months ago i think i went to the robert wagner gym but i couldn't really figure out how to get inside. i'm going to try and make another attempt to go and play this friday (dec 1st). i'm from seattle and i haven't really played badminton since coming here for college.

is there anything i should know about before stopping by for my first time?
    Last edited by allthesame; 11-27-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allthesame View Post
    hello,

i'm interested in playing. about 3 months ago i think i went to the robert wagner gym but i couldn't really figure out how to get inside. i'm going to try and make another attempt to go and play this friday (dec 1st). i'm from seattle and i haven't really played badminton since coming here for college.

If you plan to visit any sites of NYCB, check www.nycbadminton.com for updated schedule and location. Best way is to give them a call before leaving home, and ask for directions and fees. Their walk in fee is on the expensive side, consider become a member if you like the environment. Ask them for detail membership vs. walkin difference. Robert Wagner has only 4 courts, and 1 is used for training. Therefore, you might have to expect some waiting. I think their Tuesday location (18 street) have more courts, therefore, more games available.

If you live in brooklyn, you can also try www.brooklynbadminton.com, they play on Sat from 9:30 - 3:45, with 8 courts. Very easy to get there by car or subway (D train @ bay 50 street).

Both places have fairly large crowd, and players level various from beginner to ex-international level. Talk to the managers, and they should be able to arrange you some decent game around your level. Better have your own gears, especially shoes and racket. NYCB provides shuttles, while BBC not. You need to bring your own and contribute to the game, or purchase on the spot.

Overall, there should be some good games for you, if you join the right crowd. However, expect to pay some top $$$, as this is NY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allthesame View Post
    hello,

...and make another attempt to go and play this friday (dec 1st). i'm from seattle and i haven't really played badminton since coming here for college.

There's always AES (Alfred E. Smith) that's open Mon & Fri evenings 6-9pm; Tue daytime. It gets a bit crowded at times but it's almost "free" relative to the other places. $50/year. BYOB(irdie). Mostly beginner to intermediate players.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ueaa?

Anybody here know where UEAA (United East Athletic Association) is located?

Heard about them but not sure if it is a gym or just a club with no facilities.

Hoping they are located in NYC!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Cdn View Post
    Anybody here know where UEAA (United East Athletic Association) is located?

Heard about them but not sure if it is a gym or just a club with no facilities.

Hoping they are located in NYC!

Thanks!
    Where did you get this information? I think you are looking for http://www.ueaa.org/index.php?option...tpage&Itemid=1

United East also plays in annal team tournament, and a lot of their players coming from AES or Brooklyn badminton club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Where did you get this information? I think you are looking for http://www.ueaa.org/index.php?option...tpage&Itemid=1

United East also plays in annal team tournament, and a lot of their players coming from AES or Brooklyn badminton club.

Thanks for the link but I must be retarded because I cannot find their badminton schedule anywhere on their site. I even registered to see if there's anything on the forum. Zero.

This must be an exclusive club! Anybody have the secret password to get in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    That's hilarious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Cdn View Post
    That's hilarious.
    me no english...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi lazy buddy! it took me months before posting again in this forum. anyway, i was there the whole month of nov but was too busy. i'll be going back on 23 dec. i'm hoping to play with you guys next week. do you play at the wagner gym? the venue is accessible to me. thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bambini View Post
    hi lazy buddy! it took me months before posting again in this forum. anyway, i was there the whole month of nov but was too busy. i'll be going back on 23 dec. i'm hoping to play with you guys next week. do you play at the wagner gym? the venue is accessible to me. thanks!
    Sorry to reply so late... Damn, i missed the chance to meet up.

Wish you have a good trip, and hope we do meet next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lazybuddy, i'm back in nyc. just let me know when is the best time to join your group as a guest. thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lazybuddy, i'm back in nyc. just let me know when is the best time to join your group as a guest. thanks!
    Due to schedule, I mostly only attend NYCB queens (Flushing) gyms and Brooklyn Badminton on Saturdays. Let me know your schedule and preferred location, let's see if we can work out some deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any venue is fine with me. just give me the subway directions from east 92nd st.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any venue is fine with me. just give me the subway directions from east 92nd st.
    Personally, I prefer Brooklyn Badminton club @ saturday. They open from 9:30 - 3:30, 8 courts. You need to bring your own rackets and shuttles,and walk in is $16, i believe.

They do have subway (D train @ Bay50st), but kinda far from your place. Top of my head, I think you can take 4,5,6 to grand central, then take 7 train for 1 stop to 42nd street, 5th ave (bryant park),then transfer D train (brooklyn direction) from there. I think if for weekend, the trip might be at least 1.5 hrs or so.

I will confirm my schedule later of this week. Looking forward to see you.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast