User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's Benny's club site: http://www.brooklynbadminton.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Here's Benny's club site: http://www.brooklynbadminton.org/

Wow, that's almost identical to Sunny's club:
    http://www.brooklynbadminton.com/

Look, same name, .org vs .com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i know which school you are talking about since i been in the area before...what's your name by the way...do you know anywhere i can buy some badminton stuff..like stuttle and bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rayzjai View Post
    i think i know which school you are talking about since i been in the area before...what's your name by the way...do you know anywhere i can buy some badminton stuff..like stuttle and bag
    At most clubs, just ask the manager...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally get to play in the new count this sunday...whats your name big S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rayzjai View Post
    finally get to play in the new count this sunday...whats your name big S
    New court... Did you refer to Benny's? How was it? Did you meet and make a lot of friends?

BTW, I don't play at Benny's often so I probably not going to see you unless you will come to one of the courts I play... So I might as well keep my identity secret...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Court on Sunday, 4 court @ 3rd floor gym of IS5 (behind Belly fitness) Located @ Queens Elmhurst, visit www.usabadmintonsports.com for more details or contact Manager Kevin 347.410.2578.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New location exclusively for badminton in Queens, NY

USAbadmintonsports has opened a new facility exclusively for badminton in College Point. 10am-midnight, 7days a week.
    http://www.cpbadminton.com/

I hope this is the first step to catch up with the badminton environment in west coast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default College Point, Queens

I played there twice. Pretty decent facility. Non-stop playing for couple of hours. You could keep playing until you die. There were still many open courts available. If you want to play many games or take good drills, this place would be the one. I bought $16 (whole day) x 10 times strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers16 View Post
    USAbadmintonsports has opened a new facility exclusively for badminton in College Point. 10am-midnight, 7days a week.
    http://www.cpbadminton.com/

I hope this is the first step to catch up with the badminton environment in west coast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default We need this type of gym in NY

Good for you man! We need this type of gym in NY for sure - to play at your own schedule. I hope they do well.

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    I played there twice. Pretty decent facility. Non-stop playing for couple of hours. You could keep playing until you die. There were still many open courts available. If you want to play many games or take good drills, this place would be the one. I bought $16 (whole day) x 10 times strip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DKSKNY View Post
    Good for you man! We need this type of gym in NY for sure - to play at your own schedule. I hope they do well.

i hope so too...i played there once and the place was felt dead ...only 6 people total. so i didn't enjoy the time but i hope it picks up so that we can play anytime we want.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B787-9 View Post
    i hope so too...i played there once and the place was felt dead ...only 6 people total. so i didn't enjoy the time but i hope it picks up so that we can play anytime we want.

That's why I did not show up yet, as I was expecting this kinda situation. But I was told that during weekend, the show ups are much better. I hope they do well, as they are the pioneer.

Wondering how's the parking situation though? Do they have a parking lot? Or, only street parking (which might be hard at late night time)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They got 2 groups as of right now. One group play at wed & sat afternoon. Another group play at Thursday afternoon. As far as I know most of the players call each other first to setup a time and then go. If you want to just drop in then wed/thur/sat afternoon will be the best. Parking is right next to the gym and it fit about 30cars. They need to do some marketing for sure.
    I was there yesterday and saw Kevin ordering new lighting (side lighting & up)
    system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parking are right next to the gym. I also knew Kevin are now Yonex Authorized Dealer and work very closely with Yonex for the future event.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DKSKNY View Post
    They got 2 groups as of right now. One group play at wed & sat afternoon. Another group play at Thursday afternoon. As far as I know most of the players call each other first to setup a time and then go. If you want to just drop in then wed/thur/sat afternoon will be the best. Parking is right next to the gym and it fit about 30cars. They need to do some marketing for sure.
    I was there yesterday and saw Kevin ordering new lighting (side lighting & up)
    system.
    Afternoon??? You mean evening? I do not come back to home until at least 6 or 6:30pm on week days. How's each group's skill level?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. Wednesday group usually show up around 6:30. I think you could say they are intermediate level and know how to play the game properly. Also Zaw Win (who just won the 1st place at NYCB open) is there everyday (except monday & tuesday) around 6:30 or 7pm until 9 or 10pm to play with everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when NYCB@Queens started, they had similar situation..... many open courts, not enough number of players, etc. But they have successfully managed to get huge number of players. Let's see what happens in this CPbadminton.

Hey Lazybuddy, you haven't been there yet? Surprise! I'm sure that you know most of the players in CP.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast