User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luketheduke
    Thanks, LazyBuddy. I might drop by this Saturday at Friendly Club. Can you tell me if they allowed kids to enter. I was thinking of bringing my daughter (age 7) along. As a matter of fact, I was thinking of teaching her how to play.
    I think it's ok to bring ur daughter, as long as u make sure she knows to stay off court during other ppl's rally = safety issue.

The club runs between 6-10pm, and generally kinda "busy" between 7-9. If you want to teach ur daugter basic strokes, come early or leave late. During "peak time", u might consider use the off court area to hit around (others might also use it as warm up area). Ppl are very friendly over there, but we only have 2 courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I think it's ok to bring ur daughter, as long as u make sure she knows to stay off court during other ppl's rally = safety issue.

The club runs between 6-10pm, and generally kinda "busy" between 7-9. If you want to teach ur daugter basic strokes, come early or leave late. During "peak time", u might consider use the off court area to hit around (others might also use it as warm up area). Ppl are very friendly over there, but we only have 2 courts.
    You have been of great help. I really appreciated your kindness. Hope to see you there on Saturday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have been of great help. I really appreciated your kindness. Hope to see you there on Saturday.
    No problem, buddy. Just look for a "fat" chinese guy, 20s, with a big blue HiQua bag. Usually black shorts and white BF shirt.

The entrance is on Seaburry street, really close to 54ave. Pass through a small gate (black), and there's the entrance for the church (usually unlocked). Walk to the 2nd floor, and u will surely hear the screaming and "bang" sounds.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 06-28-2004 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem, buddy. Just look for a "fat" chinese guy, 20s, with a big blue HiQua bag. Usually black shorts and white BF shirt.

The entrance is on Seaburry street, really close to 54ave. Pass through a small gate (black), and there's the entrance for the church (usually unlocked). Walk to the 2nd floor, and u will surely hear the screaming and "bang" sounds.
    Hi LB,
    I'm just curious, if these 2 courts have no lines marking and perhaps you need a little assistance in taping it, let me know and I'll drop by earlier and give you a hand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LB,
    I'm just curious, if these 2 courts have no lines marking and perhaps you need a little assistance in taping it, let me know and I'll drop by earlier and give you a hand.
    Thnx for ur kind offering. NYCB is teh place we need to put tape, this gym has painted lines already.

See u on Sat, and in case we are late, be patient...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For $5 I guess you don't get shuttles do you?

That friendly place in queens....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oinky
    That friendly place in queens....
    Bring your own shuttle, and each person "contribute" once a while. In general, I went throught about 3-5 shuttles per session, depend on the number of games and quality of shuttles.

If you don't have shuttle with you, you can purchase from the club for $1/shuttle (America 2).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lazy Buddy, wus up,
    I am in Westchester, NY. I've been playing for 10 years and I am really really good at it. I would love to find people in this are to play with. I can coach pretty well too. NYC is pretty far from here but if you want we can work something out. Let me know. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I'm interested in learning how to play badminton the "right" way (In gym we used a volleyball net :P). From what I've read, I'm guessing that NYCB is the only place to play/learn?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apitat
    Hey guys, I'm interested in learning how to play badminton the "right" way (In gym we used a volleyball net :P). From what I've read, I'm guessing that NYCB is the only place to play/learn?
    If you want coaching (1 on 1, or group), NYCB is the place to go. If you prefer tons of practice time (assume you have the basic strokes and want more game time), I think NYCB might be a bit pricy and crowded. I prefer the Brooklyn club (John Dewey H.S) one, as they have 8 courts for 6 hrs.

Dealing with my knee injury now, and will check 2 newly opend gym (both in city) within the next several weeks. Heard one of them have 7 courts... I will post up more information after my visit, my god damn knee...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robina
    Hey Lazy Buddy, wus up,
    I am in Westchester, NY. I've been playing for 10 years and I am really really good at it. I would love to find people in this are to play with. I can coach pretty well too. NYC is pretty far from here but if you want we can work something out. Let me know. Thanks.

Welcome another baddy expert coming to NY!

Currently, trying to recover my knee injury from the team tourny. Once i can run and jump again, we can surely work out something. Maybe one of us can pay a visit to the other. I am sure I can learn a lot from you, as I am no where near to be "good".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want coaching (1 on 1, or group), NYCB is the place to go. If you prefer tons of practice time (assume you have the basic strokes and want more game time), I think NYCB might be a bit pricy and crowded. I prefer the Brooklyn club (John Dewey H.S) one, as they have 8 courts for 6 hrs.

Dealing with my knee injury now, and will check 2 newly opend gym (both in city) within the next several weeks. Heard one of them have 7 courts... I will post up more information after my visit, my god damn knee...
    Could you give the addresses of the new places? Perhaps I'll go check them out (maybe even before you )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apitat
    Could you give the addresses of the new places? Perhaps I'll go check them out (maybe even before you )
    If you referring to the 2 news places in city, I have no idea yet. Now, I have to drag my right leg when i walk, so, I don't think i will go there any time soon.

I can ask my friend, if she knows the detail street address or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, NY is an expensive place to play.

In Columbus, OH, even if you purchase the membership, it is only $80 USD for 3 months, and the badminton session is every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, about 4 hours for each session.
    (However, they have loose doors....so you don't have to buy the membership card to get in.... )

I guess I need to stay away from NY then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome another baddy expert coming to NY!

Currently, trying to recover my knee injury from the team tourny. Once i can run and jump again, we can surely work out something. Maybe one of us can pay a visit to the other. I am sure I can learn a lot from you, as I am no where near to be "good".
    Hey thanks for the reply! I've been searching for places here in westchester but the closest is the NYC Badminton Club. So I'm thinking to join it! It's gonna be a long commute I can't believe they have nothing here in Westchester I know you're trying to recover so maybe we can chit chat about it right now. I am on yahoo messenger robina1981@yahoo.com and aol robinababygirl is my IM Id. Add me to your buddy list if you want! We can meet up sometime!
    Last edited by robina; 08-24-2004 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robina
    Hey thanks for the reply! I've been searching for places here in westchester but the closest is the NYC Badminton Club. So I'm thinking to join it! It's gonna be a long commute I can't believe they have nothing here in Westchester I know you're trying to recover so maybe we can chit chat about it right now. I am on yahoo messenger robina1981@yahoo.com and aol robinababygirl is my IM Id. Add me to your buddy list if you want! We can meet up sometime!
    Sounds great! Sorry to hear about your long commute though. Just make sure check NYCB's page, as their sunday session (best one) won't resume until 9/19. It will surely give me several more weeks to heal my god damn knee.

I do use AIM and MSN, but AIM sometimes gives me a bit problem. I will add you on, and see if you are willing to switch to ICQ or MSN something later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton In Manhattan

Sounds great! Sorry to hear about your long commute though. Just make sure check NYCB's page, as their sunday session (best one) won't resume until 9/19. It will surely give me several more weeks to heal my god damn knee.

I do use AIM and MSN, but AIM sometimes gives me a bit problem. I will add you on, and see if you are willing to switch to ICQ or MSN something later on.
    So it seems Manhattan is the best place according to these posts, what are the main things to know about NYCB, I have played before, but I don't know every exact rule, is this something this club teaches you, also, is the club in a school gym or a proffessional court?

Thanks for any info

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast