User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by linkdvd2000
    So it seems Manhattan is the best place according to these posts, what are the main things to know about NYCB, I have played before, but I don't know every exact rule, is this something this club teaches you, also, is the club in a school gym or a proffessional court?

Thanks for any info
    1. NYCB is the best choice if you:

1.1: Prefer high skill lvl competitive games, as they have some really good players among tri-state area.

1.2: Would like to attend either group or individual training session(s).

Otherwise, I think the price might be a bit too expensive, if you just come for social purpose, or don't want to wait quite a bit time to get court time.

2. If you are more like int. lvl, and just would like to get some games going, personally, I think Brooklyn club might be a better choice.

3. NYCB has different drop in / membership price (check their site to contact). If you want to participate in training, you need to pay extra and need to schedule a date with them.

4. They have 3 different sites. I believe all are school gyms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by linkdvd2000
    So it seems Manhattan is the best place according to these posts, what are the main things to know about NYCB, I have played before, but I don't know every exact rule, is this something this club teaches you, also, is the club in a school gym or a proffessional court?

Thanks for any info
    Hey if you are looking to learn, I can teach ya alot about Badminton. I have been playing Badminton for a long time and must say that I am pretty good at it I will be joining either NYCB or this other club at UN Plaza this winter so let me know. Why waste your money when you can learn it for free !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robina
    Hey if you are looking to learn, I can teach ya alot about Badminton. I have been playing Badminton for a long time and must say that I am pretty good at it I will be joining either NYCB or this other club at UN Plaza this winter so let me know. Why waste your money when you can learn it for free !
    Are you willing to teach anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apitat
    Are you willing to teach anyone?
    hey hey, well yeah if i see you at the club or something sure!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey hey, well yeah if i see you at the club or something sure!
    Great... Looking forward for my personal training course now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone here go to the Brooklyn Badminton Club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though the BBC website is still under construction, you can still get location, schedule and contact info from it. This is a very friendly club with
    a good mix of players (beginner to advanced).
    http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/brooklynbadminton/main.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by just2read
    Even though the BBC website is still under construction, you can still get location, schedule and contact info from it. This is a very friendly club with
    a good mix of players (beginner to advanced).
    http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/brooklynbadminton/main.html
    Wow, more ppl know this club web site now???

Ok, just finished some update. Check out some pictures about our facility and parking lot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Including myself, I think there are at least 4-5 BFers are in this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I can play in Orange County New York

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Seems not many ppl from New York, US (even east coast US) are in this Forum.

I would like to set a local club somewhere near my neighborhood, and I want to do this survey for so long, your participation is very welcome:

If you live in 50 miles within New York City, US (use zip code 11365 as center, since I live close there ^___^ ), please answer the following questions:

1. Where do u live? - Please use zip code, easy to check online

2. Where do u play - Please provide local club/college/high school name (u can put more than 1 answer)

3. What kinda racket u use? - brand, model

4. Where did u get ur racket - shop on line (website, plz)? local store? shop in another nation?

5. How many hrs u usually play for a week?

6. If I set a club about within 10 miles (use zip code 11365 as center), are u willing to participate? Sorry, under progress, contacting different local school gym for now. So, no detail address is available yet.

7. How much u can afford for member fee? - pay by each visit? pay by a yearly member fee?

Even though, I don't expect too many ppl to answer the questions, but let me get a try, see how "poplular" badminton is in NY.

Thanks, everyone.
    I live in PA, 18328, but I can play in some parts of New York that aren't too far. Right now I work in Middletown, NY 10940. I commute there for work, so that drive isn't so far.

I am thinking of trying the Spring Valley Badminton Club, which is listed on the IBF website. I found out that it is on Mondays and Fridays at 7, and has all sorts of different levels.

I am looking for people to meet up with and play, that are perhaps a little closer than that, as that is over an hour away. I am hoping for Middletown, or cities closer to the PA border. But I don't have to have a club. That would be nice, but even if I knew of a school that had courts, I could start my own club, or meet someone to play privately if anyone knew of a place.

I moved here a couple years ago from Canada. In Canada I was a competitive tournament player, and attended an International Junior Training Camp, and was going for the Future Olympians development program, before I was injured and missed a lot of play time.

I have recently decided to try and get back into it, and am looking for places to get in some good play time. I use Carlton equipment, which was purchased at a store in Canada before moving down here.

Hopefully someone will read this and we can meet up or find a club or something...

Cory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Info for getting Badminton Equipment!

Hey lazy and everyone else,

Guys I wanted to let you all know that www.badmintonalley.com has some awesome Badminton equipment. I bought a new racket and shuttles from them and it's top notch stuff! The racket I bought is Yonex Muscle Power 30. It's absolutely great! So I encourage all of you out there who are looking to buy Badminton equipment to check out this site.

Ok so Lazy, are you playing yet? I'll be in the city in about two weeks to check out the Club I was talking about so maybe I will stop by NYCB. Hey, NYCB, doesn't open on Sat at all?? Cause I am going to start playing at the other club on Sat. and I was thinking that it would be great if I could stop by NYCB and play there as well. Alright take care!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so Lazy, are you playing yet? I'll be in the city in about two weeks to check out the Club I was talking about so maybe I will stop by NYCB. Hey, NYCB, doesn't open on Sat at all?? Cause I am going to start playing at the other club on Sat. and I was thinking that it would be great if I could stop by NYCB and play there as well. Alright take care!
    Yeah, I am 90% fine, and start to dive a bit again.

NYCB does not have sessions on Sat at all. However, next sunday, 10/17, we have tourny. Feel free to stop by.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 10/17 Tournament update

However, next sunday, 10/17, we have tourny. Feel free to stop by.
    Time: Sunday, 10/17, 8:30am - 8:30pm

Location: NYCB club (Fri and Sun site) @ the intersection of 2nd Ave and 56th Street. For detail, check www.nycbadminton.com

Format: 1 open flight for all 5 events (WS might be cancelled, but not sure). I believe they do have senior MS as well.

If you want to watch some good games, feel free to stop by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there Lazy,

I just want to asked, if theres a badminton gym/badminton club(s)/court near in Sunnyside, L.I.C., NY. Because for about a month from now, Im going to migrate in New York. By the way I'm Lex, from Philippines. Im playing badminton for about 4 years from now and one of the varsity player in our univeristy. I'm confused if going to bring my rackets and badminton accessories.

I'm using Yonex Armortec 700 (imitation), Yonex MP (orig.) and MMOA 808. I recommend MMOA or Ashaway because they're good substitute for the expensive Yonex.

Thanx a lot

just e-mail me:
    iron59_ftl@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iron59
    Hi there Lazy,

I just want to asked, if theres a badminton gym/badminton club(s)/court near in Sunnyside, L.I.C., NY. Because for about a month from now, Im going to migrate in New York. By the way I'm Lex, from Philippines. Im playing badminton for about 4 years from now and one of the varsity player in our univeristy. I'm confused if going to bring my rackets and badminton accessories.

I'm using Yonex Armortec 700 (imitation), Yonex MP (orig.) and MMOA 808. I recommend MMOA or Ashaway because they're good substitute for the expensive Yonex.

Thanx a lot

just e-mail me:
    iron59_ftl@yahoo.com
    Lex,

I believe Sunnyside, LIC is on the west part of the Queens, right? To confirm, if you can give me the zip code of ur (future) location, that will be great.

If I am correct, you are not too far from my place, which means you can check out all the clubs I am currenting playing in, if you have a car. If you have to rely on public transportation (bus, subway, etc), then, you need to let me know which one u can easily get access with, once u arrived at your "new home".

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really? You have a tournament this coming sunday? What time? Where? I am sure gonna try to show up! But I am sure that I will be in the city on the 16th. What time do they open on sat? This will be fun! I want to get to know people there. Ok take care, and thanks for all the info!

Yeah, I am 90% fine, and start to dive a bit again.

NYCB does not have sessions on Sat at all. However, next sunday, 10/17, we have tourny. Feel free to stop by.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really? You have a tournament this coming sunday? What time? Where? I am sure gonna try to show up! But I am sure that I will be in the city on the 16th. What time do they open on sat? This will be fun! I want to get to know people there. Ok take care, and thanks for all the info!
    NYCB does not have club session on Sat. The 10/17 tourny is on NYCB's sunday site (56th street & 2nd ave). It should be from 8:30 - 8:30, therefore, plenty of games to watch.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast