User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robina
    so if anyone is in Westchester, NY and is looking for a place to play let me know!!!!

I AM TRYING!!!
    darn! if only it's in queens!

i still haven't found a gym that's relatively close to flushing that offers badminton lessons.

any other female players here?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maldita119

i still haven't found a gym that's relatively close to flushing that offers badminton lessons.

Close to Flushing? Try this:

Friendly Badminton Club :

Jamaica High School Gym.
    16701 Gothic Dr. – Jamaica, NY 11432
    Total of 4 courts. Fee: $ 8.00 per person/per visit (bring our own shuttle)

For complete direction how to get there, please click this link:
    http://www.jamaicahighschool.org/OTH/getto.htm

Schedule for winter 2005:

Saturday 11:00 Am – 4:00 Pm
    Jan. 15, 22, 29 – Feb. 5, 12, 19 – Mar. 5, 12

They do offer group training and private training! Check www.friendlybadminton.com for more detail.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 02-12-2005 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, well in queens, I can definitely go there on staurdays and play since now I will be working alternate staurdays. So let me know when you are going, ok? I was hesitating to go during winter cause the days are short and it gets dark early and didnt want to deal with the subways etc at night, too many weird ppl on subways at night lol, well they're always there but you know what I mean! But now the weather will be better so its fine now. Do you live in Queens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Maldita, the friendly badminton club offers lessons every saturday, just email them click on the link and be there early like 10am its $16 per day and that includes court time already for the whole day, this is a lot cheaper than some of the clubs and thee are a lot of people you can play with if you are looking for different levels of play. Are you Filipino? I learned about this place through lazy buddy and he's a sweet ehem nice ehem guy heehee. I come from CT and its worth it PM me so we can meet there.I will be there this sat hope to see you

Quote Originally Posted by robina
    Hey, well in queens, I can definitely go there on staurdays and play since now I will be working alternate staurdays. So let me know when you are going, ok? I was hesitating to go during winter cause the days are short and it gets dark early and didnt want to deal with the subways etc at night, too many weird ppl on subways at night lol, well they're always there but you know what I mean! But now the weather will be better so its fine now. Do you live in Queens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ey Robina sorry wasnt able to help you out with the gyms and all but dont despair WE WILL FIND A WAY

Quote Originally Posted by mitchy_girl94
    hey Maldita, the friendly badminton club offers lessons every saturday, just email them click on the link and be there early like 10am its $16 per day and that includes court time already for the whole day, this is a lot cheaper than some of the clubs and thee are a lot of people you can play with if you are looking for different levels of play. Are you Filipino? I learned about this place through lazy buddy and he's a sweet ehem nice ehem guy heehee. I come from CT and its worth it PM me so we can meet there.I will be there this sat hope to see you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will drop by jamaica HS this saturday. hope to see you guys there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will drop by jamaica HS this saturday. hope to see you guys there.
    Welcome to join us. The group training starts at 10:00 (need pre-registration + extra charge). The regular play starts at 11:00. Be aware recent days, ppl just flooded into the gym, therefore, the waiting time between games might be longer than we want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Live in Jersey City,NJ

2. Play in the following places:

Community Center at Stuyvesant H.S.
    http://www.communitycenteratstuyvesanthighschool.org/ccshs/main.htm?sfgdata=4
    Alfred E. Smith Recreation Center
    http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_things_to_do/recreation_centers/rc_alfred_e_smith.html
    NYC Badminton
    http://www.nycbadminton.com

3. NS7000, A800OF, A800DE

4. Badmintonalley.com

5. I play roughly 12hrs a weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saturday rain... baddy day!

Dropping by BBC (Bklyn Baddy Club) today around noon. Got introduced to the sport last week... couldn't sleep since. How do you schedule games there? Lots of friendlies? Goin' with my wife who has a mean smash!

See you there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rjcorcuera

http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_things_to_do/recreation_centers/rc_alfred_e_smith.html
    NYC Badminton

4. Badmintonalley.com

that stuyvesant HS place... i went to that site and it doesnt say it has badminton. can u give more details?? how many courts, schedule times, and prices, pls?? and also taht alfred recreation center, i see badminton listed and the schedule for it, but where is it?? and how much???
    Last edited by kenshinluo; 05-05-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdg
    Dropping by BBC (Bklyn Baddy Club) today around noon. Got introduced to the sport last week... couldn't sleep since. How do you schedule games there? Lots of friendlies? Goin' with my wife who has a mean smash!

See you there!
    Usually, we don't arrange games. This way, everyone has some chance to play with everyone else. Feel free to join the games, and very soon, u will find out which particular group more likely fits for ur lvl. But again, don't worry too much about the skill stuff, we are all friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Hi hi

In the past you used to play at Northport and Commack HS during the weekdays. Do they still have it and do you still go there. Also how is the Brooklyn Badminton Club doing nowadays with the increased lease on the space. Do you welcome new members or is the place pretty much packed. How much is it for the membership. Is it still $90 for three months. Also i played badminton for a very long time but i'm still trying to improve and correct my mistakes. I live in Flushing,Queens and eventhough we have like a million Chinese/Hong Kong/Taiwanese people living in heavily concentrated areas like Flushing and Chinatown,Manhattan how come its so hard to find more badminton clubs. There might be around here somewhere but somebody's not making it public so we can all know . Hmm i wonder if the Koreans have a place to play in Bayside. If anyone who lives in the NYC area and is part of the asian community could you please let me know. I'll be happy to pay the fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by rjcorcuera

NYC Badminton

4. Badmintonalley.com

Hi can you tell me more information about the Stuyvesant HS that you play at in Manhattan. I went to that site and it didn't mention Badminton. How many courts do they have, what days and times do they play, on a regular night how many people go there, what is the fee, and is it open to the public or do you have to be a student,alumni,faculty of the school in order to play there. Also i go to the NYC Badminton on fridays, can you tell me if the Alfred E. Smith recreational center is a good place to play or the people there are too few and not competitive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastcoastAZN
    how come its so hard to find more badminton clubs.
    If I am not mistaken, I guess now you should complain about "How come we can pack this much action in 3 days..." now.

Great games and tons of fun on Fri & Sat. Looking forward to play in the group again next week???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Do i know you??

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    If I am not mistaken, I guess now you should complain about "How come we can pack this much action in 3 days..." now.

Great games and tons of fun on Fri & Sat. Looking forward to play in the group again next week???

Yikes i'm afraid you found out who i am. Lets keep this to ourselves hehe...Today is monday and no i did not stay home sunday to recover from the ten plus hours of badminton crammed into a day and a half. I went to play badminton at the Thai place with Apitat. If the last game had gone on for another two more points Apitat was about to collapse from pure exhaustion. Perhaps the badminton weekend tour of duty had caught up to him. It so happens that sunday was also someone's birthday and badminton was interupted in the middle of the session for a good half hour or so. Too bad for me and Apitat we were intentionally sabotaged by our competitors with extra helpings of cake and ice cream. I don't know how you managed to keep this weekend lifestyle but i guess i already know the answer because i still look foward till the next badminton day eventhough everytime i walk around i feel like i'm walking on bone instead of the fatty cushion under my feet. So do you play on fridays to sundays or do you also play on tuesdays at NYCB and/or wednesdays at the church. Too bad Wu is leaving the area soon. We made a really good doubles team winning every game except one. Hey i just thought of an idea. We should try to carpool more often and maybe print t-shirts that say "Team No Hope" or "Lazybuddies". What do you think? I like the idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always a joy to play with (or against) ur guys. Yeah, it's a shame that he will leave soon, but if u don't mind about my lowly skill, I can be the alternate sometimes, until u feel bored (or dead with all the running).

In general, I play in Garden city on Tues, but this week (today) I think I will stop by NYCB if I don't have to stay for OT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brooklyn Club updated their website. Much better appearance than the original one (ok, I know i did a crappy job before... ).

http://free.hostdepartment.com/b/bro...nton/main.html

Nice Pics in "The Club" section. But how come they always make me look fat in pics???

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast